love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:08 PM
Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #229
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
You don't know that for certain, because you weren't there.
.This cop was brave enough to enforce the law when a man broke it<>
Yeah, Crowley was soooo brave, arresting an old guy who needs a cane to walk.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #230
Refugee

Local Time: 09:08 PM
maybe all policemen should be black, then nobody could ever bitch about race (except white people, but they are the majority so who cares?)
Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #231
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Gates=

-had a mother who was a fan of Malcolm X, which he's written about many times
-he's black
-contributed $4600 to Obama's presidential bid
-besides, he's black
-referred to "whitey now sit[ting] in judgment of me" in his 1970 college application essay, in the context of reflecting on his experiences growing up during the 50s and 60s in a segregated W.Va. town; again, something he's written about many times
-plus, he's black
-has racial issues and demonstrated them by marrying a white woman, his wife for 15 years and the mother of his two children

Crowely (sic)=

-lied in his report about his conversation in front of the house with the 911 caller, unless we're going to automatically brand anyone who contradicts Crowley's version a liar
-once attempted CPR on a dying black man, which some of Crowley's defenders apparently consider an important proof of his total lack of "issues" with black people, which says a lot (about them, not him)
-taught police classes on avoiding racial profiling for several years, which might predispose a white person to become especially indignant when accused of racism by a confrontational nonwhite suspect (see what I did there?)
--isn't a well-known public figure with dozens of books, articles and documentaries to his name, which leaves propagandists with lots less to cherry-pick from

So, based on the fact that none of us really know shit about the character of either man, and that we weren't there and we don't know everything that either Gates or Crowley did, I'm ok with sticking to the evidence which would actually be considered in court had the charges not been dropped. It's sad that so many of the respondents can't free their minds and think outside of their own self imposed boxes, but look for legal loopholes, refer in legalese terms. And then in the summertime, such extreme summertime, about a hundred and fifty degrees hotter than just some months ago, than just some months from now, with fireweed blooming along the frost heaves and merciless rivers that are rushing and carving and reminding us that here, Mother Nature wins; it is as throughout all Alaska, that big wild good life teeming along the road that is north to the future.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #232
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
And then in the summertime, such extreme summertime, about a hundred and fifty degrees hotter than just some months ago, than just some months from now, with fireweed blooming along the frost heaves and merciless rivers that are rushing and carving and reminding us that here, Mother Nature wins; it is as throughout all Alaska, that big wild good life teeming along the road that is north to the future.
I lol'd
Old 07-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #233
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
And then in the summertime, such extreme summertime, about a hundred and fifty degrees hotter than just some months ago, than just some months from now, with fireweed blooming along the frost heaves and merciless rivers that are rushing and carving and reminding us that here, Mother Nature wins; it is as throughout all Alaska, that big wild good life teeming along the road that is north to the future.

Made all the funnier because it's not at all what I expected from you.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #234
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:08 PM
The best part is that it was unexpected both because of the poster, and because of the post itself....did not see that coming on myriad levels. And oh how I laughed.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #235
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Gates=

-contributed $4600 to Obama's presidential bid
Why that's nearly a million dollars!

Quote:

So, based on the fact that none of us really know shit about the character of either man, and that we weren't there and we don't know everything that either Gates or Crowley did, I'm ok with sticking to the evidence which would actually be considered in court had the charges not been dropped. It's sad that so many of the respondents can't free their minds and think outside of their own self imposed boxes, but look for legal loopholes, refer in legalese terms. And then in the summertime, such extreme summertime, about a hundred and fifty degrees hotter than just some months ago, than just some months from now, with fireweed blooming along the frost heaves and merciless rivers that are rushing and carving and reminding us that here, Mother Nature wins; it is as throughout all Alaska, that big wild good life teeming along the road that is north to the future.
Bravo! A yolland fan club is under serious consideration.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #236
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:08 PM

Quote:
Gates=

t (see what I did there?)

yes, you quoted Palin's poetry without her permission and pointed out that Gates did something Clarence Thomas had done years earlier, but if it were Clarence Thomas that lived in Cambridge, Obama and Gates wouldn't had an opportunities to make an asses of themselves.

next case.
<>
Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #237
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Palin's poetry
Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #238
Blue Crack Distributor

At this point I think it's more William Shatner's poetry, but that's just splitting hairs.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
i knew i would be the one that was wrong

where in my post did i say i had an attitude? i guess my polite "may i see your id badge please?" is too outrageous. i dont feel one way or another about it, just saying thats the way it is.
The actual words of your post were fine. . .Attitude is not about the words you say, it's about how you say them.

Look, I don't know you. . .maybe you're a nice guy who is just misunderstood. All, I know is that I'm a guy who normally doesn't get pissy--I'm pretty sure most on this forum would back me up on that--but when I read your post, I found myself getting annoyed. It's an attitude, a tone, you bring and I was simply saying that if the black folks picked up a similar attitude in your "may I see your id badge please" that I did from your post, then I understand why they react the way they do.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #240
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Look, I don't know you. . .maybe you're a nice guy who is just misunderstood. All, I know is that I'm a guy who normally doesn't get pissy--I'm pretty sure most on this forum would back me up on that--but when I read your post, I found myself getting annoyed. It's an attitude, a tone, you bring and I was simply saying that if the black folks picked up a similar attitude in your "may I see your id badge please" that I did from your post, then I understand why they react the way they do.
Congratulations bigjohn !

You have the same effect on people that Officer Crowley does