Why Are So Many Girls Lesbian or Bisexual?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As ridiculous as she is, I bet more than one other person thinks similarly

Elisabeth Hasselbeck thinks a lot of older lesbians would have turned out straight ... if they could only land a man.

The co-host of "The View" said older women who have led heterosexual lives are choosing same-sex partners because men their age are chasing younger women.

"All the older men are going for younger women, leaving the women with no one," Hasselbeck said on Tuesday.

Joy Behar, a co-host of the show, immediately blasted the 33-year-old, calling her late-blooming lesbian claim "ridiculous."

"Being gay is not just holding hands and walking through the tulips," Behar said. "I don't think that you suddenly wake up and say, 'You know, I think I want to do that.' You wanted to do it; you were just trapped in a system that said 'get married.' "

Hasselbeck then said that women might turn to homosexuality later in life not for sex, but companionship.

Read more: 'The View' host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's lesbian theory: Older women just couldn't get a man

at the risk of swimming in waters that might be too complex for a discussion forum such as this, lesbianism can be, in many ways, a more complex and difficult-to-understand thing than, say, a hetero relationship and even a gay male relationship.

I'm sure, but even someone like EH should get that it's not about somehow "settling" for a woman because you can't "get" a man. I would think that might be offensive to women, gay and straight.

I'm sure, but even someone like EH should get that it's not about somehow "settling" for a woman because you can't "get" a man. I would think that might be offensive to women, gay and straight.

exactly. it's not settling. many women might find themselves more attracted -- physically, emotionally, whatever -- to women later in life whereas earlier in life they were able to successfully be with a man.

Do you think female heteroflexibility (I can't find a better word) is more possible due to society's acceptance of female bisexuality? Would male bisexuality and bicuriosity be more acceptable if society were more open to guys kissing each other?

And by the way, EH is an ignorant moron. Someday her words are going to come back and bite her on the ass.

Back
Top Bottom