Who can explain the mysteries of Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You really expect every U2 fan to be a Christian?

Honestly, Iron Horse, that is quite naive of you.

Did I say that?

I know, I'm quite naive and a fool.

Words have meanings...they have definitions....I'm just stupid enough to believe that lyrics have a meaning....a theme.

I know I can't change what any person thinks or believes here.

I do hope I can encourage people to think for themselves.

Trust yourself

Did I say that?

I know, I'm quite naive and a fool.

Words have meanings...they have definitions....I'm just stupid enough to believe that lyrics have a meaning....a theme.

Trust yourself

Do you love fat chicks because of Big Girls Are Best?

Did I say that?

With your threads asking where are all the Christians and such, yes you did.

If you know you can't change what people think or believe, then why do you do your Sunday Dispatch?

Trust yourself

For some people, that means not believing in Jesus or even God.

With your threads asking where are all the Christians and such, yes you did.

If you know you can't change what people think or believe, then why do you do your Sunday Dispatch?

For some people, that means not believing in Jesus or even God.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Logic (particularly your last point) has no place on this website, or on the Internet, for that matter.

Please go.

If the brightest minds in history have wrestled with this question, isn't it strange that so many of you have come to a decision in such a (seemingly) flippant manner?

I'm seemingly flippant because I'm fatigued.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Logic (particularly your last point) has no place on this website, or on the Internet, for that matter.

Please go.

I take it you're being sarcastic.

The Bible isn't historical?
We can't trust these scriptures?

Why do you believe that?
What evidence do you have to support your view?

Is it historical in so far as "did everything single thing in here happen exactly as it says it did?", then no, it's not historical in that sense. It is historical in the sense that it is a part of history? Of course. So are you and I! :happy:

Can you trust them? I guess so. I like them. They contradict themselves at times, but what's good in one instance isn't always good in other instances. So you can trust the bible as far as you can trust your own judgement, I suppose.

I believe it because I believe God gave me common sense to help me get through life. And a lot of the stuff in the bible defies what is known, but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, does it? Nope. Cause the bible ain't a history book, that's not it's purpose - but for some reason, some people can't admit that.

As for evidence, I think science is pretty cool. I'll go with that.

The Bible isn't historical?
We can't trust these scriptures?

Why do you believe that?
What evidence do you have to support your view?

Historical ....... probably so to an extent but Divine?

Is this from The Imaginary Loving God? Numbers 31:15-18

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?

Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.:ohmy:

Now what in the hell does Moses want w/ the young female children who have not known a man for ? ? ? Surely not to do the dishes:down:

LOL

Historical? Virgin Birth ? Water Into Wine ? Raising Dead Guys ? Magically Generating McDonald's ?:huh:

C'mon already !

Back
Top Bottom