Where are the Christians?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what if you had a gay child? or what if you had a best friend who told you that she had an abortion?

would circumstance and life experience ever come into play, or do you filter everything through your faith-based beliefs?

While I have not children, I have had the second situation occur, and, in the end I really didn't know what to think of the situation, but I knew it was just as hard on her, so I never brought up my own feelings on the situation, mostly because it's not my place to judge.

I have gay relatives, however, for what it's worth, and I love them no less than the rest of my family, and again, I don't judge them. I feel miserable for them though, because some other members of my family do.

There are no atheists in COEXIST.

CoexistMeaning.jpg

White liberal religious toleration is hilarious

What does that have to do with the thread?
Not as much as I thought, although in fairness Melbourne has been crazy hot over the last few days; it hit 43-44 degrees celsius, or 110 farenheit, it may have ruined my capacity for cognizant posts.

I suspect all the venting, heightened sensitivity, defensiveness, sarcasm, elitism, and every other ism we see around here is really at its core a plea for affirmation. And every one of us has hot buttons.

Especially since religion and politics are not realms of polite conversation in everyday life, FYM is a convenient surrogate.
:up:

:wave:

I don't ever venture into FYM for good reasons, but I saw this thread and had to say hi.

I'm a Christian (apparently), and a theology student.

Im a person, not a piece of bread.

And as such I dont like having things spread on me, butter, words of god or otherwise. :)

Religion is alright, its just not for me.

Most of us evangelize about stuff that's important to us whether people want to hear it or not. We just call it something else.

Not as much as I thought, although in fairness Melbourne has been crazy hot over the last few days; it hit 43-44 degrees celsius, or 110 farenheit, it may have ruined my capacity for cognizant posts.

Haha, an excuse for your actions? :wink:

Some of the replies to this thread sound pretty ethnocentric. I'm South Korean and my ancestors were all Buddhists. Somehow, somewhere my family converted to Christianity.
I noticed that there aren't as many "religion wars" over there. My parents tell me that in comparison to America (the only other nation they've lived in, haha), Korea seems to be much more understanding towards each others faiths.
I'm not singling out other regions around the globe, but I just wanted to point out that maybe we're asking all the wrong questions here. It isn't the existence of God that we should be flustered over, but rather why we can't be accepting and understanding of each other and each others beliefs.

:)

Oh, and yes. I guess your question has been answered, iron horse... there seem to be many Christians here. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom