When Obama is President will these heinous crimes stop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Vonda Simon -– a cosmetics entrepreneur, says she feels "violated, raped, sick".

23_jewelrystolen5_large.jpg

23_jewelrystolen10_large.jpg

23_jewelrystolen8_large.jpg

23_jewelrystolen1_large.jpg

Woman feels violated !

Vonda Simon, of Newport Beach, left safe with her valuables in unlocked Bentley overnight.

By ANDREW GALVIN
The Orange County Register

NEWPORT BEACH – Vonda Simon admits she made "a stupid mistake" by leaving all of her jewelry in her unlocked car overnight.

Still, Simon – a cosmetics entrepreneur who says she worked for 20 years to buy the diamonds rings, necklaces, watches and earrings – feels "violated, raped, sick" that someone stole a small safe containing the items, which she had left behind in the passenger seat of her Bentley.

The car was parked in the garage of her home in a gated Newport Beach community, but the garage door was left open the night of the theft.

Simon, 47, and her husband, Scott, 48, estimate the jewelry, including her six-carat-diamond engagement ring and dozens of other pieces, is worth more than $500,000.

They're offering a $10,000, no-questions-asked reward for a safe return.

Simon returned from an eight-day business trip to Europe the night of Oct. 12. The safe had been sitting in her car, in the garage, for most of the time she was away. Upon arriving home, she checked to make sure it was there. Having it in the car was a reminder to take it to an appraiser the next day, because she feared the couple didn't have enough insurance to cover the jewels' full value.

"Before I went to Paris, I put everything together in the safe and said, 'Scott, here's all my jewels,' just because you do that when you leave, just in case," she said. "I wanted him to know where everything was, just so he has it, in his possession. And then we thought, let's get it appraised as well."

As she walked from the garage to the house after arriving home, tired from the journey and excited to see her two children, she either forgot to put down the garage door or the door malfunctioned and didn't close. Either way, the garage door was open all night.

It was a windy night. When Scott Simon rose at 7 a.m. the next morning, he found the garage full of leaves.

"Then all of a sudden I thought – oh my God, the safe's in the car,'' Scott Simon said. "I opened the door, and boom – it was gone."

The thief or thieves also took from the Bentley a Louis Vuitton planner with numerous photos of the Simons' children. They didn't take Scott Simon's wallet, which contained hundreds in cash and was in his Lincoln Navigator, parked next to the Bentley in the garage.

Vonda Simon, a former top cosmetics saleswoman, has since 1999 operated her own company, SeaCliff Beauty Packaging and Laboratories, in Irvine. The company does contract manufacturing for many of the best-known brands in the hair and skin care industries, she said.

"I want my stuff back so I'm – I worked so hard for everything I have," she said, her voice shaky with emotion. "I feel so naked. I just want them to please return it. It's not about money. … These were just things that I gave myself because I'm working 12 to 15 hour days."

Simon considers herself someone who lives her values of following a dream, being determined, and treating others well.

"Everyday I have nothing but positive vibes that go out to everybody, including these people who took this from me. I'm telling you right now, you can change your life, you can be different, you can turn yourself around, and I'm asking you please return my valuables to me," she said.

Insurance will only cover about $85,000 of the losses, Scott Simon said.

Sgt. Evan Sailor of the Newport Beach Police Department said the value of items stolen from the Simons is unusually large compared to other residential burglaries, which typically net perhaps $1,000 worth of goods. "This is not a normal case for us," he said.

Sailor said detectives are "checking pawn shops, eBay to see if somebody is trying to move a large amount of jewelry, because it is a large amount."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/simon-garage-scott-2203978-door-car

If you put Obama in the title it's FYM worthy?

If you like
you can substitute McCain for Obama in your reading of the title

Change starts at the top :shrug:

Don't you have any sympathy for this poor woman?

she feels "violated, raped, sick".

coolian - read before he posted

Surely, the thief will turn it all in once he reads this article so he can get his no-questions-asked reward of $10K in return for the $500K of goods. :yes:

that guy has some big feet!

That's awesome for him - it makes it easier for him to tromp over all the worthless little people as he makes his way through life!

I'm sorry the woman lost her things, but:

a) why would one need to have $500,000 of jewelry - ALL her jewelry - with them? I mean, there's indecisiveness about what to wear, and then there's this.

b) She left the safe in the car. Containing $500,000 of jewelry. All her jewelry.

c) She left the car unlocked.

d) AND the garage door open.

Mistakes happen, we've all done stupid things, but the mind boggles at this.

Consider it a very expensive lesson about a) locking your car; b) not leaving valuables in your car even when locked; and c) not bringing every piece of jewelry you own when you go somewhere.

The "Open Garage, Open Car" sign was a poor judgment call on her part.

When you're practically inviting people to have a closer look, she should be glad the car the safe was in is still there.

that guy has some big feet!

and his hands?

23_jewelrystolen7_large.jpg

WHY? Vonda Simon says she can't understand why people don't set goals and work hard to achieve them. She wonders why anybody would think it is okay to steal from her family.

It will be difficult for her to walk in those 6 inch heels without her jewelry to counter balance.

This is a tragedy

23_jewelrystolen2_large.jpg
THE RING: Vonda Simon sports her 6-carat diamond engagement ring in July's issue of OC Metro magazine.

I honestly don't believe any theft happened at all and hopefully their insurance company isn't going to pay out without an investigation.

Maybe they are planning ahead.

arranging their 2009 income tax payment?

getting ready to "spread the wealth around". :shrug:

She kept the safe full of jewelry in the car? Why not in the house? No safe in the million dollar house? :tsk:

You make a dumb mistake and you have to pay, that's life. Or maybe there will be a plot twist where she was hoping to get them stolen to collect the insurance :hmm:

Left the safe in the car... I just can't get over that :der:

Having it in the car was a reminder to take it to an appraiser the next day, because she feared the couple didn't have enough insurance to cover the jewels' full value.

Well, she is too stupid to write a note or create a reminder in her cell phone. Hence, she puts her house-worth, greatly under-insured jewelry in a car that isn't locked and forgets to close the garage door.

Don't tell me that never happens to you. :tsk:

:wink:

Well, she is too stupid to write a note or create a reminder in her cell phone. Hence, she puts her house-worth, greatly under-insured jewelry in a car that isn't locked and forgets to close the garage door.

Don't tell me that never happens to you. :tsk:

:wink:

If I'm that big of a bonehead I'm certainly not going to the newspaper whining about it.....

Is their garage carpeted ???

Typical Newport Beach Diva..........

It would seem obvious that she is able to afford better technology to keep those valuables safe, even fail-safe technology at times when she's too bloody stupid to lock doors properly. There's also banks she can put them in. She has options.

Myself and plenty of others don't have this flexibility for protection of our valuables. We merely get by with using average locks on doors and have a thin layer of glass on a window to protect us. She may not have deserved to get robbed, but I can think of some people that certainly didn't deserve to get robbed for doing twice as much as she did to protect valuables.

I don't care, but if a baby results from it she has to keep it and carry it to terms.

Lots of coincidences/unusual circumstances here.

She just happened to put everything in the safe and the safe in the car the day she was going to Paris ? Why ? Why not leave it in the house ?

She left her wedding ring in there ?

So, purely by concidence, the one night she leaves her garage door open in a GATED COMMUNITY, someone comes in, ignores the wallet full of hundreds in the Navigator and says, "hmmm, let's see if there's anything in the trunk of the Bentley" ?? And then they (I assume 'they', safes are pretty heavy) open the door of the Bentley look for the trunk switch and pop the trunk ?

There's more to this I'll bet.....

Back
Top Bottom