What the FRACK???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Man-made earthquakes increasing in Central and Eastern U.S. - LA Times

The seismicity rate in 2013 was 70 times greater than the background seismicity rate observed in Oklahoma prior to 2008, state officials said.

Human-induced earthquakes have troubled scientists because they pose a risk to public safety — and because they have become larger. A magnitude 5.6 earthquake believed to have been caused by wastewater injection hit near Prague, Okla., in 2011, injuring two people and destroying 14 homes. That same year, a 5.3 earthquake struck a remote part of Colorado, near the town of Trinidad close to the New Mexico border, which the USGS said was also triggered by wastewater injection.

Earthquakes, just like climate change are naturally occurring events.

To suggest that humans are causing them is arrogant. The mountains in America were created by earthquakes before any of us were even here.

:lol:

Do you pull the fake conservative nonsense around loved ones? My girlfriend hates it. I usually get into a flustered Bill O'Reilly voice...it's the only way I can really vent my full frustrations.

Apparently there was an earthquake directly across the lake from me. That makes at least two (relatively) close earthquakes that I haven't felt at all in the past five years.

I never thought I was able to experience an earthquake in PA because we're nowhere near any fault lines. That was until we actually had an earthquake.

Back
Top Bottom