What on earth is going on here?! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #16
Protecting my eyes ARRRR!!!

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafrun View Post
So................... how exactly do they consumate the relationship?

i'm lost for words.

6 countries,11 shows. AMAZING FRIENDS AND MEMORIES = Jem's priceless 360 Tour
bonoishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #17
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 03:53 AM
You know, having been married for 8 years now, I can say that this wall idea - not the worst idea I've ever heard.

Quote:
One perk of being married to a wall: You can bang anyone and anything and the wall ain't never gonna say shit. I'm tellin ya, this chick seems crazy - but I'm thinking.....GENIUS? Hm? Maybe?

Old 07-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
You know, having been married for 8 years now, I can say that this wall idea - not the worst idea I've ever heard.

One perk of being married to a wall: You can bang anyone and anything and the wall ain't never gonna say shit. I'm tellin ya, this chick seems crazy - but I'm thinking.....GENIUS? Hm? Maybe?
True dat

But with the wall being unable to do anything about it, it's bound to become resentful of its wife's galavanting around with others.. Eventually he's going to become resentful and the relationship will suffer. He'll undoubtedly withdraw and put up an emotional wall..

O.. u c what I did there??

I'll go..
Old 07-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
There really are no words.
Yup.

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing! I mean... what's the point?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #20
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
True dat

But with the wall being unable to do anything about it, it's bound to become resentful of its wife's galavanting around with others.. Eventually he's going to become resentful and the relationship will suffer. He'll undoubtedly withdraw and put up an emotional wall..

I see where you're coming from, BUT you're leaving out one major plot point....

READY?

k

here we go

SPOILERS!

IT'S A FUCKING WALL!
Old 07-24-2008, 06:29 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
IT'S A FUCKING WALL!
Apparently not though Since we haven't determined HOW the wall is able to consumate said relationship, it's reasonable to assume there has been none. So would it be a CELIBATE WALL??
Old 07-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

It was built by atheists, it cannot, by definition, be celibate.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #23
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:53 AM
I think it's more "asexual." It's not like it's holding out by choice. Even if it wanted to bang the bejesus out of her it's.... a wall.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:58 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Life is so cruel.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
I think it's more "asexual." It's not like it's holding out by choice. Even if it wanted to bang the bejesus out of her it's.... a wall.
Though she could certainly bang the wall anytime she felt like it. . .

I mean really, who HASN'T banged a wall?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Well so many women feel like they're with a wall already, so why not go for the real thing instead?
Old 07-26-2008, 02:27 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Because guys can be walled off and funny
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
Because guys can be walled off and funny
True-but at some point one tires of banging one's head against a wall. Two walls would go well together, I guess.

I want to marry Fenway Park-there, I said it. If it comes along w/ Mike Lowell and Jacoby Ellsbury..that would be nice too.

Woman Proves Love for Eiffel Tower With Commitment Ceremony

Erika Eiffel Is Among a Small Group of People Who Are Intimately Attracted to Objects

By KATE SNOW and JONANN BRADY

April 8, 2009 —

We all see beauty objects, such as the symmetry and sleekness of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, or the the powerful history in the once-standing Berlin Wall.

For one woman, the intense feeling that inanimate objects can inspire goes much deeper and becomes something more like true love.

"The Berlin Wall is a masterpiece. I can feel how much he yearns to be loved," Erika Eiffel said.

Her love of the Eiffel Tower is somewhat recent, and two years ago the San Francisco woman had a commitment ceremony and changed her name to reflect the bond.

"Her structure is just amazing. You know, she's got subtle, subtle curves, you know," Erika Eiffel said of the famous Paris landmark.

"I just, it's almost like I heard her crying out, saying, 'Somebody, notice me. Somebody, really notice me. Here I am in the crowd crying out, somebody, somebody, hear my voice,'" she said.

Eiffel, 36, is part of a small group of people across the world who call themselves "objectum sexuals" where their intimate life revolves around objects, not people. The objects can range from a home computer to a set of drums or a national monument, anything they can feel a connection to. It may sound strange to most of us, but it's very real to them.

"We feel an innate connection to objects. It comes perfectly normal to us to connect on various levels, emotional, spiritual and also physical for some," Eiffel said.

Sexual Disorder or New Orientation?

Medical experts ABC News contacted said they were not familiar with objectum sexuals, some said it might be classified as paraphilia  a disorder in which a person has an unusual sexual interest. Some psychologists suggest that people with the condition may have been sexually abused.

Certified sexologist Amy Marsh, from Albany, Calif., has a different take. She said objectum sexual is not a disorder, but possibly a new sexual orientation. Marsh said she's been surveying a small online community of people with OS.

"One person said, 'They're real, they're complex, and they are no less and no more of value than other romantic relationships'," Marsh said.

"There's been very little research done on objectum sexuality," Marsh continued. "I can tell you that what I'm finding is not much history of sexual abuse, and actually not much in the way of psychiatric diagnoses either. I'm finding they're very happy, and they don't want to change. I am also finding out that quite a few of them have a diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome or autism, but not everybody."

Eiffel said she doesn't have Asperger's syndrome, nor does she believe her chaotic childhood -- shuffling between foster homes before she was adopted -- contributed to OS.

She said even as a small child she distinctly remembers having a great sympathy for discarded or wasted objects. She believes there is life, a soul in every object. Eiffel said she didn't choose to love objects, but was born that way.

"I thought everyone had a connection to objects in one way or the other. It really wasn't until I saw that they were dating each other and I was dating a bridge, that I was different. I just went to school and pretended I was like everybody else," Eiffel said.

Her love of certain objects has helped her become a world-class archer and win a $250,000 scholarship to the United States Air Force Academy, thanks to her attraction to the F-15 fighter jet.

Eiffel said she felt like "I'd like to get to know this jet. Kind of like a guy goes to a bar and he sees a really nice-looking girl and he, he wants to go sit next to her, buy her a drink and get to know her more. Well, I kind of felt that way about the F-15."

Her obsession has also led to ridicule by peers, abandonment by her family and a discharge from the Air Force. But she said she is fulfilled by her unusual love.

"I will tell you that I know love is being reciprocated," Eiffel said. "I'm happy, I'm not hurting anyone, I'm not hurting myself, I'm not being held back. I love my life."
Old 04-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
^I think there's a show on BBC America about her.