What Kind of People Would You Like Your Children to Become?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just like me.

Heh, don't worry, I never plan to father children (or mother, I mean I could be female for all any of you know).

The risk of them being Conservative is too high for me to ever contemplate having any.

If I was a woman, I would steal that statement and use it as a justification for abortion in my stand-up routine.

Have to abort the bastards before they take away my right to choose!

Hard workers with great (ie high paying) jobs and an intense compulsion to give their dear mum loads of that cash so she could have whatever her heart desires. :D

Of course, I don't have any of the little devils, so that isn't likely. :sigh:

Rational and Caring.

My daughter has partially failed the 'rational' test and is a Christian but is of the more liberal type, as opposed to the bigot "yes on 8" type, my son has passed with flying colours and is an avowed atheist.

I'd like my kids to be confident, independent and have self-respect.

I was taught to be independent, but not the other two. That led to a lot of problems growing up, and I don't want my children to go through any of that. When I have kids - and I do plan to have them - I will be hell bent on making sure they are mentally strong.

Let's hope that, for the benefit of this world, I don't procreate. But, accidents happen, and if they do, then I'll be the responsible adult and send them to the circus, or perhaps to train at a temple in the east. Hopefully they'll either entertain people at wal-mart parking lots or protect their community from evil mutants set on taking over the world. Either scenario provides a much better outcome than the unfortunate circumstance of being raised by yours truly.

Let's hope that, for the benefit of this world, I don't procreate. But, accidents happen, and if they do, then I'll be the responsible adult and send them to the circus, or perhaps to train at a temple in the east. Hopefully they'll either entertain people at wal-mart parking lots or protect their community from evil mutants set on taking over the world. Either scenario provides a much better outcome than the unfortunate circumstance of being raised by yours truly.

Same here! :hi5:

If I was a woman, I would steal that statement and use it as a justification for abortion in my stand-up routine.

Have to abort the bastards before they take away my right to choose!

.. 'right' on :hi5:

Yes, it's funny to joke about aborting conservatives. But why stop there?

Put them in gulags, I say.

I've thought about this a lot, since my son was born just a few months ago.

Perhaps more than anything I want him to have a confident, joyful faith. I don't want him to have all the spiritual baggage and issues I've had to wrestle with.

I want him to be kind, considerate and engaged in the world.

I want him to be happy and at peace with himself.

Perhaps more than anything I want him to have a confident, joyful faith. I don't want him to have all the spiritual baggage and issues I've had to wrestle with.

I actually really agree with this, and wish I'd thought of it myself :) I think issues of faith, whether its a lack of or vice versa, can bring much unnecessary heartache into a life which is too short in the first place. Being at peace with their spirituality is certainly something I'd want my child to be.

I would like me kids to be the kind of people that make a difference in the world and in peoples lives. :reject: corny but true :reject:

I'm hoping you want that difference to be positive.

Fair-minded, altruistic, hardworking and adventuresome.

I'd certainly also like them to be happy, healthy, and actively engaged in their faith both personally and within the Jewish community, but my ability to have a lasting influence there is lesser, and in any case the former qualities are primary.

Nobody else want dictators?

The problem with having dictators as kids is when they get overthrown, the peasants would most likely drag everyone around said dictator (which of course would include me) out into the street and string us all up. I'd rather avoid that.

The problem with having dictators as kids is when they get overthrown, the peasants would most likely drag everyone around said dictator (which of course would include me) out into the street and string us all up. I'd rather avoid that.

I expect my kids to look after their parents, whisk me away to the Netherlands Antilles when there's an uprising, or better yet, they'll be good at what they do and not get overthrown.

I would love for them to turn out to be much like my parents were.

Tradesmen so they can help around the house and will have lots of trademen pals so I can get good deals on concrete, plumbers etc. If they're challenged in that area then billionares. Then I can pay the commoners to do all of my work for me.

I have no plans for children. I fear I'll have a hard time teaching the kittehs to change a washer. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom