What Kind of People Would You Like Your Children to Become?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I expect my kids to look after their parents, whisk me away to the Netherlands Antilles when there's an uprising, or better yet, they'll be good at what they do and not get overthrown.

Is NZ a likely place for an uprising? I know you've got bucketloads of political unrest and all, but... Oh, I just had a thought; at least if you guys do ever get into trouble, we'll be willing to send peacekeepers! We're always sending our troops around the region. You see footage all the time of our military teaching the young kids cricket and stuff...
:lmao:

... what?

Is NZ a likely place for an uprising? I know you've got bucketloads of political unrest and all, but... Oh, I just had a thought; at least if you guys do ever get into trouble, we'll be willing to send peacekeepers! We're always sending our troops around the region. You see footage all the time of our military teaching the young kids cricket and stuff...
:lmao:

... what?

Could you send over the cricket team to teach our cricket team how to play?

Hypothetically I would like them to be/have

kind
generous
empathetic
confident- not arrogant
humble
sensitive
non judgmental
a good sense of humor
curious about the world, current events
well behaved, have manners

This is my hope for my 2 girls -

To laugh often and much,
To win the respect of intelligent people
And the affection of children,
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
And endure the betrayal of false friends,
To appreciate beauty,
To find the best in others,
To leave the world a little better
Whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition,
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Exactly the person she has become. I'm couldn't be prouder of her, and she is who I wish I could have been at her age.

what an absolutely gorgeous thing to say :heart:

it made me stop and think harder about what i hope my kids will be . . . essentially i just hope they are good people who are content with themselves and where they are at any given stage in their life

Back
Top Bottom