What is your world view?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
What is Your World View? | Quizfarm.com

You Scored as Existentialist
Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist
100%
Postmodernist
94%
Idealist
94%
Materialist
88%
Modernist
81%
Cultural Creative
63%
Romanticist
63%
Fundamentalist
44%

Mine:wave:

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist
100%
Romanticist
81%
Cultural Creative
63%
Modernist
50%
Postmodernist
50%
Materialist
50%
Fundamentalist
38%
Idealist
0%

You Scored as Cultural Creative

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative
94%
Postmodernist
69%
Idealist
69%
Existentialist
56%
Modernist
50%
Fundamentalist
38%
Materialist
38%
Romanticist
25%

Existentialist 88%
Cultural Creative 75%
Modernist
63%
Postmodernist 56%
Idealist
56%
Romanticist
50%
Materialist 50%
Fundamentalist 25%

You Scored as Cultural Creative :shocked:

I woulda guessed knuckledragger.

Cultural Creative
69%
Postmodernist
50%
Romanticist
44%
Fundamentalist
25%
Idealist
25%
Existentialist
13%
Materialist
13%
Modernist
6%

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative
81%
Fundamentalist
63%
Idealist
63%
Romanticist
63%
Postmodernist
44%
Existentialist
38%
Modernist
13%
Materialist
6%

Fundamentalist 63%? Woah! didn't see that coming.

Existentialist 88%
Materialist 81%
Postmodernist 75%
Cultural Creative 69%
Modernist 69%
Idealist 31%
Romanticist 13%
Fundamentalist 6%

I think I'm more of a fundamentalist than this, but. . . :shrug:

Cultural Creative
88%
Postmodernist
63%
Fundamentalist
50%
Existentialist
44%
Idealist
38%
Romanticist
25%
Materialist
25%
Modernist
19%

You Scored as Postmodernist

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Surprised me. I certainly do believe in absolute truths and hardened facts. Although as part of the BIG questions, maybe not as much. I don't believe we have absolute truth or hard facts about the nature of what it truly means to be human. Do I have strong inclinations? Sure. I myself would lean more atheist than believer but that doesn't mean I am assigning myself to one side or the other. I just go where the actual facts lead. Explain consciousness to me and then you can convince me of the absolutes. Explain the whole of the universe (the vast majority)and I'll concede that hardened fact. Until then, mine is the true skeptical position.

So, I certainly don't totally agree with that result but it's interesting to ponder...

These quizzes are always worded too rigidly in order to compartmentalize the results. I find my answers to almost all questions were somewhere in between slightly agree, slightly disagree or the middle.

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist
81%
Cultural Creative
75%
Existentialist
63%
Idealist
63%
Modernist
31%
Materialist
31%
Fundamentalist
19%
Romanticist
13%

I am skeptical of these tests. However it does seem as if some of us like-minded people in here are getting similar scores.
I found myself answering many of these questions with the 3 because I was indifferent to the question. I did answer a few with 2 and 4, and perhaps a couple with 1 or 5.

Existentialism emphasizes human capability.
There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen.
Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense.
Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist
75%
Postmodernist
69%
Modernist
63%
Cultural Creative
63%
Idealist
56%
Materialist
50%
Romanticist
31%
Fundamentalist
19%

I have a problem with labels. Once we do that it becomes easier to dismiss or accept someone, or what they say, based on preconceptions without considering any of the merits of their arguments.

Cultural Creative
50%
Romanticist
50%
Existentialist
25%
Fundamentalist
25%
Modernist
0%
Postmodernist
0%
Idealist
0%
Materialist
0%

I will admit I skimmed the test but failed to complete it. Far too many of the questions did not warrant a strong response either way, from me. In so far as I either did not especially disagree or agree, or in so far as I rejected the premise of the statement.

Cultural Creative 81%
Existentialist 69%
Modernist 56%
Postmodernist 56%
Materialist 56%
Idealist 25%
Romanticist 19%
Fundamentalist 19%

I found myself answering many of these questions with the 3 because I was indifferent to the question.

Same here.

I found myself indifferent to a lot of the questions too.

Cultural Creative 88%
Postmodernist 69%
Existentialist 56%
Idealist 50%
Materialist 50%
Fundamentalist 25%
Modernist 19%
Romanticist 13%

It appears the test is being modified. So we are not all taking the same test.

Below are the current first 3 questions When I took the test they may have been included, but they were were in the 7, 8 and 9 locations. I do think the order affects the outcome, much like a push poll. :shrug:

Below are my thoughts on some of these questions.

1. All that exists is matter and energy.

I don't agree with this. Most religious / fundies would also disagree. I am not a religious believer, I disagree because of our current abilities to comprehend what exists.

2. Anything can be reduced to simple understandable components.

I disagree, not because I am religious but because I think our capacity to understand is limited at this time. Much less limited that it was 1000 years ago.

3. Scriptures should, at times, be open to symbolic interpretation.

A religious /fundie would disagree, so do I. Again, not for religious reasons but because I think religions that claim absolute truths, should stand behind those claims.

It appears the test is being modified. So we are not all taking the same test.

Below are the current first 3 questions When I took the test they may have been included, but they were were in the 7, 8 and 9 locations. I do think the order affects the outcome, much like a push poll. :shrug:

Many online tests have the questions pop up in a random order each time the test is taken, so that probably accounts for the different placement.

Postmodernist
81%
Cultural Creative
69%
Existentialist
63%
Idealist
63%
Modernist
50%
Materialist
44%
Romanticist
25%
Fundamentalist
13%

fair enough. i found myself neutral on probably 2/3rds of the questions.

You Scored as Cultural CreativeCultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative 94%
Idealist 69%
Materialist
63%
Existentialist
56%
Postmodernist
56%
Modernist
50%
Fundamentalist
38%