What Is It About 20-Somethings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
12-15 minute commute from my condo, and about a 20 minute commute from my boyfriend's place to my work. And that is the upper limit of what I'm willing to tolerate. I don't care how gigantic your McMansion in the burbs is if you're sitting on the train 45-60 minutes each way. Those are hours of life you'll never get back.

I'm one who has zero tolerance for work commutes. There's like ten thousand other things I'd rather do with my time. Ironically I'm happy (well, not happy but I do it) to drive 2 hours each way for dog training, but work....hell no. Also with us going the route of getting junker cars and driving until they explode or don't start, it has to be a walkable or bikeable commute should we ever lose a vehicle because Phil's school is much farther away and he doesn't mind a commute like I do. 10-15 minutes (by vehicle) max. Commute has *always* played a huge part in where I live/rent and severely restricts options but I just got used to that way of living as a working college student with no vehicle, being in a city lacking in public transportation (and walking is still cheaper).

IAlso with us going the route of getting junker cars and driving until they explode or don't start, it has to be a walkable or bikeable commute should we ever lose a vehicle

Haha, hey, that sounds familiar!

We have a car now, thankfully, but my mom uses it to go to work every day (and I don't drive), so if I have to work, I'll either take our local bus on weekdays, or walk/take a cab on the weekends. It's about a 30, 35 minute walk from where I'm living right now to where I work. And then my family picks me up if I get off anytime at night, 'cause walking downtown is tolerable when it's light out, but no way in hell am I walking around the main streets of downtown at 9 pm.

Angela

12-15 minute commute from my condo, and about a 20 minute commute from my boyfriend's place to my work. And that is the upper limit of what I'm willing to tolerate. I don't care how gigantic your McMansion in the burbs is if you're sitting on the train 45-60 minutes each way. Those are hours of life you'll never get back.
:up: that's exactly how i look at it too. i don't want to spend a huge chunk in my life sitting in traffic, whether it's in a car, a bus, i don't want to waste my time like that.

Back
Top Bottom