WHAT are the Republicans seeing that nobody else is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Source?

Sting: Arbiter of Truth, Reader of Minds. :wink:

Define many. I certainly don't think Truman is commonly looked upon as one of the greatest Presidents of all time, and I think that there are easily "many" (if not many more) people who don't consider him to be one of the greatest Presidents of all time.

:lol:

Now that is funny.

There are polls of historians, polls of conservatives, polls of liberals, polls of the general public about who are the greatest Presidents of all time. One thing nearly all of these polls have in common is that they list Harry Truman in the top 10.

There are polls of historians, polls of conservatives, polls of liberals, polls of the general public about who are the greatest Presidents of all time. One thing nearly all of these polls have in common is that they list Harry Truman in the top 10.

I'm sure I could find polls of the same that consider him near the bottom. Care to name some sources?

Not that I doubt there are polls that have him in the top 10. I think the main reason he is on any of these lists is because he authorized the use of the atomic bomb.

I'm sure I could find polls of the same that consider him near the bottom. Care to name some sources?

Not that I doubt there are polls that have him in the top 10. I think the main reason he is on any of these lists is because he authorized the use of the atomic bomb.

Leading Blog: A Leadership Blog @ LeadershipNow: Best Presidents In History - 2008 Harris Poll

Historical rankings of United States Presidents - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are a few.

I challenge you to find a poll taken in the last 25 years that would have Truman near the bottom, let alone outside the top 10.

The fact that he authorized the use of the Atomic Bomb has very little to do with why so many people, historians, scholars, conservatives, and liberals think he is one of the top 10 Presidents of all time. Trumans real impact is in the post-war years, not the final months of World War II.

we've gotten to the point in our nation where if there was a democrat in office who was doing just as bad a job, the numbers would look very similar, only reversed. thus why nothing can get done in this shit hole, and we're headed right down the toilet just like every empire in the history of man kind has before us.

so there's absolutely nothing going on in this country where democrats in connecticut have the free time to actually issue paperwork to censure joe lieberman because, :gasp:, god forbid... he has the balls to not blindly agree with the party line on every major issue. heavens to pergatroy! the end is near!

HARTFORD, Conn. - Connecticut Democrats, angry that Sen. Joe Lieberman is campaigning for the Republican presidential candidate and criticizing his own party's nominee, agreed Wednesday to circulate a resolution to censure the veteran politician but won't consider acting on it until after Election Day.

The state party's central committee Wednesday agreed to send copies of the resolution to every Democratic town committee in the state. The resolution condemns Lieberman for speaking at the Republicans' convention and backing John McCain.

Party officials said the group plans to get input from the town officials and revisit the issue in December.

"When we have someone who is our elected senator, as a Democrat, standing in front of not only a national, but an international audience, speaking in support of Sen. McCain, it was the final straw for me personally," said Audrey Blondin, a 30-year party veteran who helped to put together the resolution.

Lieberman was re-elected to the Senate as an independent after losing the Democratic primary in 2006 to businessman Ned Lamont. While he calls himself an "independent Democrat" in the Senate, he remains a registered Democrat and has said he has no plans to change his party affiliation.

as lewis black put it... the only thing worse than a republican or a democrat is when these assholes work together.

republicans are idiots, democrats are idiots, free thought is dead and we're all fucked.

Back
Top Bottom