Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partygirlvox View Post
Cover up a little? How? Cower in a corner with an arm awkwardly shielding one's chest, awkwardly pull ones top up while trying to hold a baby too... I mean, by saying 'cover up a little' might as well mean 'don't do it in public.'
I don't think there's anything wrong with finding breasts attractive... but as soon as this attraction is preventing women from breast feeding comfortably, then it's an issue.
Its for compromise sake and I dont think thats such a bad thing. Some people (men and women!) feel uncomfortable around it. And you know what? just like theres nothing wrong with feeding in public, theres nothing wrong with finding it uncomfortable. For a woman to just pull a breast out without even attempting to keep it somewhat concealed for the comfort of others is just as selfish and self righteous and those who say keep it in the home. There is a middle ground

Old 03-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #122
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
You didnt read my post. I said I didnt have a problem with it. Why not just cover up a little though? Its really not a big deal.....And men finding breasts attractive isnt the juvenile pursuit that you seem to think of it as. Its got nothing to do with being an institution. Men all over the globe find women's breasts attractive in a sexual way. Like it or hate it, its part of nature

An immodest woman is like uncovered meat, and must be responsible for getting unwanted attention.

A few orders of magnitude greater than your plea for modesty, but it comes from a similar place.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #123
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post

An immodest woman is like uncovered meat, and must be responsible for getting unwanted attention.

A few orders of magnitude greater than your plea for modesty, but it comes from a similar place.
Please read my post just previous to yours....I'll admit, modesty was the wrong word. I think my other post better demonstrates what i was getting at

And for the record, you'll never find me complaining when females show too much skin.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #124
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:10 PM
No, jive turkey, I think A_Wanderer hit the nail on the head there You either agree with it or disagree, there isn't a middle ground.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #125
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
No, jive turkey, I think A_Wanderer hit the nail on the head there You either agree with it or disagree, there isn't a middle ground.
No....He didnt.....There is middle ground. The fact that you cant see that puts you in the same group of self righteousness as the people opposed to it. Why is it so hard to make a SLIGHT compromise for other peoples feelings around you? why is your comfort more important than theirs? I have no ill feelings toward public breast feeding. Pull them out if you like. But if you dont think its rude to do it in a restaurant while people are eating who might be put off, then there is little i can say to you because you clearly refuse to think about anyone but yourself
Old 03-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #126
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

I just don't understand what sort of a person would be put off from eating at the sight of a breast? Are you that disgusted by the female form that you can't cope with something perfectly natural going on your vicinity... why can't you avert your eyes if you're so repulsed? Why must the women be made to feel she's doing something wrong when you're the one feeling uncomfortable with it?
Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #127
ONE
love, blood, life

And A_Wanderer, from your posts in previous threads, I know you're an intelligent man, but to equate what i just said to female oppression is completely insane. I display the same 'modesty' when I'm at a public urinal. Why? because I'll assume that most of the other men dont want to look at my penis while I'm peeing.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #128
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I just don't understand what sort of a person would be put off from eating at the sight of a breast? Are you that disgusted by the female form that you can't cope with something perfectly natural going on your vicinity... why can't you avert your eyes if you're so repulsed? Why must the women be made to feel she's doing something wrong when you're the one feeling uncomfortable with it?

Look, I dont think its wrong. And I dont think a woman should feel that its wrong. All I'm asking is for people to think about how others feel for a change. Its not always about you (thats a general you, not you in particular). I dont think its such a difficult concept.

And I'm sorry if I got a little carried away with the last post. I always post when I'm all riled up, then feel bad about it afterward. I'm sure you're a great person
Old 03-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #129
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
And A_Wanderer, from your posts in previous threads, I know you're an intelligent man, but to equate what i just said to female oppression is completely insane. I display the same 'modesty' when I'm at a public urinal. Why? because I'll assume that most of the other men dont want to look at my penis while I'm peeing.
A PENIS IS NOT EQUIVOCAL TO A BREAST! A vagina, yes, but not a breast!

Quote:
Look, I dont think its wrong. And I dont think a woman should feel that its wrong. All I'm asking is for people to think about how others feel for a change. Its not always about you (thats a general you, not you in particular). I dont think its such a difficult concept.

And I'm sorry if I got a little carried away with the last post. I always post when I'm all riled up, then feel bad about it afterward. I'm sure you're a great person
I see what you're saying... but you obviously do find something wrong with it if you think you've got to cover it up. As I've just said, there's little middle ground here and either you do accept it in public or you don't. Asking women to do it 'modestly' is basically asking a woman not to do it.

I don't take any of this personally and neither should you
Old 03-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:10 PM
I never equated it in harshness, but I felt that you're use of language emerged from the same sort of place, breast feeding isn't that off putting. As far as public urinals go, I assume that the other bloke isn't looking; eyes forward and no talking is a very simple rule to abide by.

I think that I'm just a bit attached to the issue of breasts in public after reading the Reverend Fred Nile has gotten some political allies for his effort of banning topless sunbathing on Australian beaches.

On another topic it has been established that breast feeding improves brain development and child IQ, I'd definitely want my potential progeny to be breast fed.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #131
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
A PENIS IS NOT EQUIVOCAL TO A BREAST! A vagina, yes, but not a breast!

I see what you're saying... but you obviously do find something wrong with it if you think you've got to cover it up. As I've just said, there's little middle ground here and either you do accept it in public or you don't. Asking women to do it 'modestly' is basically asking a woman not to do it.

I don't take any of this personally and neither should you
Fair enough, though I personally really dont have a problem with it, I just empathize with the people that do I suppose (for better or worse). But regardless, we could argue to no end and not sway one another. But thats cool. It was refreshing to talk about something other than "OMG U2 STOLE FROM TINA TURNER" (I shit you not). I'll probably check this place out more often. Good convo guys, I'm outta here for now

Oh, and A_Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
As far as public urinals go, I assume that the other bloke isn't looking.
you never know............you never know
Old 03-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #132
New Yorker

Quote:
"OMG U2 STOLE FROM TINA TURNER"
Lol whut?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #133
ONE
love, blood, life

How about breast feeding and driving ?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:
I think it stems from the same reason parents lose their shit when a 'curse' word is uttered on TV.

It forces them to communicate with their kids, and could cause them embarrassment, either in that conversation or in the resulting actions of their own child because they didn't lay down the law hard enough, or well reasoned enough.

In other words, it's an entirely selfish reason.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #135
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:
haha!

nope, that's right. no middle ground, gang!