Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
A woman pees with her vagina?
you say vagina, I say urethra

Old 03-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #167
The Fly

Local Time: 07:52 PM
GaleonGirl: Nope, you may not. Fact is, common usage of the word 'vagina' includes everything related to feminine genetalia. Even if anatomy class teaches that there are different parts. Which I know; I just don't happen to walk around using excessively 'correct' terminology just to prove I can.

As to the other... wow. Really? So he should choose to get physical when she makes him angry rather than walk away and calm the hell down? Whoa. Because, yanno, you completely misread what I said: 'FOR HIS WIFE' is not the same as other people walking up and cooing over the baby and his wife. She seems to believe that he no longer needs her to be his wife. She's the mother of his child and that's all, as far as she's concerned, but gets upset if he comes to me for a hug and a kiss on the cheek, in the brother/sister sense. She forgets the man isn't made of stone.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Olde Town View Post
GaleonGirl: Nope, you may not. Fact is, common usage of the word 'vagina' includes everything related to feminine genetalia.
Common usage where? That's really strange to me.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #169
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
GaleonGirl: Nope, you may not. Fact is, common usage of the word 'vagina' includes everything related to feminine genetalia. Even if anatomy class teaches that there are different parts. Which I know; I just don't happen to walk around using excessively 'correct' terminology just to prove I can.

As to the other... wow. Really? So he should choose to get physical when she makes him angry rather than walk away and calm the hell down? Whoa. Because, yanno, you completely misread what I said: 'FOR HIS WIFE' is not the same as other people walking up and cooing over the baby and his wife. She seems to believe that he no longer needs her to be his wife. She's the mother of his child and that's all, as far as she's concerned, but gets upset if he comes to me for a hug and a kiss on the cheek, in the brother/sister sense. She forgets the man isn't made of stone.

Common usage where? I've never heard of such idiocrisy. Why not just name things how they are?

Wtf? get physical? Where did I say that? You're making no sense.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Huh? OK maybe 6 year think a "bagina" is all-encompassing.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #171
ONE
love, blood, life

everyone knows girls pee out their bum........ (I actually used to think this when i was about 5)
Old 03-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #172
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Makes me think of a friend of mine whose wife recently had a baby. The guy gets treated like a walking wallet, not a human being with needs. It's all about the baby for his wife, and he does not exist except to pay the bills.
From direct personal experience, I can vouch for the fact that when it's Mom who goes back to work soon after the birth and Dad who stays home with the baby, then Mom is likewise going to have numerous pouty moments of feeling 'left out,' or like her husband seems far more preoccupied with the baby's needs than with hers (and his own, for that matter--but an adult in a self-pitying mood tends not to recognize things like that). All of this is a normal and natural consequence of that fact that caring for a newborn, particularly if it's your first, is an overwhelming and exhausting experience, and will continue to be so until things settle into a comfortably predictable rhythm--which does take awhile.

I don't understand what any of that has to do with breasts/vaginas/penises/whatever having dual functions, either. You could speak of individuals playing multiple social roles, but that's true for everyone, parent or not. If you're married with kids at home, whether they're 16 days or 16 years old, then yes of course you'll need to be both husband and father, or wife and mother, when at home. Better get used to it--a preteen might not need as much oversight as a newborn, but s/he will certainly continue to exert many demands on both your attentions. Even something as 'minor' as the arrival of a new puppy or an elderly relative in the home will affect the dynamics of the relationship. Which doesn't have to be a problem so long as you both have realistic expectations--just be prepared for some utter chaos initially, because it's never easy to incorporate a needy new being into your household.

And I'll second the reaction of others that no, I've never known anyone who used 'vagina' as a euphemism for 'everything related to feminine genitalia.' Such euphemisms exist, but not that one that I've ever heard of.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

in all fairness
young males do find female anatomy confusing.

it is quite different than what we males have.

I remember seeing the drawings in my 8th grade science class, (the first time I got any kind of sex education)
well, the line drawings did very little to educate me.

It did take real life experience, for me to have a reasonably good understanding of this information.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #174
New Yorker

Quote:
GaleonGirl: Nope, you may not. Fact is, common usage of the word 'vagina' includes everything related to feminine genetalia.
No.

Quote:
Wait, so this guy is/intends to physically harm his wife when she makes him angry? "whoa" indeed. If he feels the need to have to flee so he doesnt "get physical" whenever theres an argument then he needs help.
Guy also needs to grow up if hes jealous of his OWN KID getting more attention than him. Its a baby FFS, it needs care. Maybe he should try joining in some time?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

Fair enough, deep, I've had some adult female friends/house mates who have freaked out about this or that and their total lack of knowledge about their own bodies got them sorely mocked by the rest of us and sent off to their OBGYN, lol. But "confusing" is quite different from claiming it is a fact that when people say vagina they mean vagina, labia, urethra, clitoris, cervix, uterus......
Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #176
The Fly

First, I'm female, not male. Second, most of the people I know do, indeed use 'vagina' to mean everything associated with female genitalia. So, yes, if I use it in that sense, it's easier than going through listing every little bit that goes on down there. It doesn't mean I've been poorly educated or sheltered -- it just means I've probably gotten a little lazy about separating them out, because frankly I don't always remember which word goes with which bit, even if I know the difference. Call it a cultural difference, not something that should be mocked because "Woo, this person is IGNORANT."

And yeah, I do believe there a little bit of jealousy going on with my friend. And I think he'll come to terms with it eventually, which is why I've been patient with him. He's not quite used to the idea of being married, even. He's not exactly good at the old readjusting to surprises thing, let alone a small and noisy infant.His wife doesn't make it easy for him, though, when the wife won't let up for a second. No, GG, YOU didn't say that, I did. It was a question. He has a very, very short fuse. So, rather than go with his first impulse, he gets out of the situation, calms down, and comes back. As to whether he'll get therapy or not, I'm guessing not. He deals with it well enough in his own way. The problem comes from his wife's inability to even attempt to understand that sometimes, her husband might need a break from her constant demands for things that make no sense for a 6 month old living in an apartment, not a house. Among other things.

But antyways, the point I was trying to make (whihc got lost, here) is that people will go about expecting body parts to have only a singular purpose, and some do. Others don't. The vagina has more than one purpose, rather like breasts have more than one purpose.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #177
Galeonbroad

Sounds like that guy has MAJOR issues. He's running from them too. He should have a conversation with his wife about this if he's feeling he's not being treated properly. Problems you're supposed to talk about, not run away from.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #178
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:
First, I'm female, not male. Second, most of the people I know do, indeed use 'vagina' to mean everything associated with female genitalia. So, yes, if I use it in that sense, it's easier than going through listing every little bit that goes on down there. It doesn't mean I've been poorly educated or sheltered -- it just means I've probably gotten a little lazy about separating them out, because frankly I don't always remember which word goes with which bit, even if I know the difference. Call it a cultural difference, not something that should be mocked because "Woo, this person is IGNORANT."
Your profile says that you're male.

And it may be "common usage", but only to uneducated and/or lazy people, and continuing to use it in such a manner, only leads to more confusion for young and uninformed people. Please don't, and try to learn other terms for yourself and your friends to use. The vagina serves only one purpose. The urethra serves only one purpose. The clitoris serves only one purpose. They all three just happen to be located in a row, but equating them all is the same as saying you use your whole face (eyes and nose included) to eat.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #179
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
......the same as saying you use your whole face (eyes and nose included) to eat.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
Your profile says that you're male.

And it may be "common usage", but only to uneducated and/or lazy people, and continuing to use it in such a manner, only leads to more confusion for young and uninformed people. Please don't, and try to learn other terms for yourself and your friends to use. The vagina serves only one purpose. The urethra serves only one purpose. The clitoris serves only one purpose. They all three just happen to be located in a row, but equating them all is the same as saying you use your whole face (eyes and nose included) to eat.
I'm educated on the area. But I'm lazy and proud of it, and will continue to be lazy and proud of it.