War hero (96) fined 100 for flouting cigarette ban

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
War Veterans have nothing but my complete respect, but why should it matter if the gentleman smoking in the hotel room was a veteran or not? I'm sure the smokers advocate group was thrilled to hear that he was though. Do you think we'd be hearing about it had it been a 20 year old kid who made the same mistake?

War Veterans have nothing but my complete respect, but why should it matter if the gentleman smoking in the hotel room was a veteran or not? I'm sure the smokers advocate group was thrilled to hear that he was though. Do you think we'd be hearing about it had it been a 20 year old kid who made the same mistake?

That was exactly my thinking...

I think both articles are lousy and miss the point. That being said I do understand the cry of double standard, but that double standard does not justify a "smoking ban is wrong" mentality, that was a pretty big leap they made...

Yeah, and what if a war veteran complained about people smoking? Would smokers advocate groups care about his service?

this is a shame

the guy is 96 - he fought for his country

why the hell couldn't they just change it to the G21
and comp this vet a carton of cigs and a smoking jacket.

That's a great idea to include him in the G21. After all, he might be economically stronger than a number of members in the G20 these days.

Back
Top Bottom