Walmart Employee Trampled to Death - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post

Old 11-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #77
Refugee

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
^it's all part of the "dumbing down of america". care less about fellow man and more about the shiny things you can buy and all the wonderful shows on TV you can watch and all the cool things you can do with your cell phone
I agree. These sales are insane and dangerous. This young man lost his life and over what? A stupid TV or cell phone. Nothing can bring him back or comfort his family over the holidays.

When I was in my teens and twenties, I remember sales after Thanksgiving, but it was usually on christmas items, decorations and such. No one got killed from shopping and the stores didn't open at five am. Regular shopping hours only. It makes me sick as to what we are being reduced to as human beings. No product is ever worth this.

My prayers for this young man's family and friends.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by A stor View Post
I don't like W-Mart's ethics when it comes to Black Friday. Fights break out, people get crazy and now someone has lost their life. Shame on Walmart. I will never shop there again for anything. I rather pay a little more for that camera and not see anyone get hurt.
Wal-mart is often a cesspool and haven for lowlifes. But, hey, they had crockpots for $2.95 and you can't beat that!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:05 AM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 03:46 AM
I worked on Black Friday. Even a fabric store in a medium sized town is not immune to ridiculous crowds and lines and short tempers.

I love the idea of Buy Nothing Day, even though I know it's an exercise in futility.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Move in Mysterious Ways View Post
Wal-mart is often a cesspool and haven for lowlifes.
Ours definitely is just that. We only have one that I know of because they cannot compete with Meijer (home town), and the one that we do have attracts the trashiest people.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #81
Refugee

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Same with the Walmart in my area. Some of the shoppers are the most rude and miserable people you would ever encounter. K-Mart is within a few blocks of where I live. So, it is neighbors who shop there. We may be struggling working/middle class, but at least we are polite.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

We got new Target and Walmart superstores within a few months of each other within the past couple years. Both are out in the county (i.e. not within a certain type of neighborhood, demographic, etc). Yet it's just more of the same. Target attracts a more humane, pleasant crowd. I don't hesitate to say that Wal-mart shopping is an inevitably uncomfortable experience. The employees range from clueless to rude. The shoppers are a whole other breed. You have groups of mid-teens to early twenties who seem to have nothing better to do than hang out a Wal-mart, making asses of themselves. And I swear, every time I do venture to Wal-Mart, I'm destined to see at least one criminally insane person.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:46 AM
My mom works at Target. Overall, the crowd there does tend to seem less obnoxious, I agree. But she still has some stories of some idiots that come into the store. Most of them involve parents whose kids run all over and nearly get plowed into or nearly run into other people with all their rambunctiousness, or kids that scream bloody murder and throw temper tantrums and such and their parents seem completely clueless as to how to stop them .

My mom and I went to Wal-Mart at midnight on Black Friday because our relatives wanted to go (we had nothing there of importance we needed to buy but we did want to maybe stop into Best Buy when it opened up and go to breakfast with our relatives. Never wound up doing that, though, 'cause our relatives didn't want to go to Best Buy and we got tired, so they just dropped us off at home in the end). It was a zoo. Lines for the checkouts as far as the eye could see, people milling all over, areas a total mess, clothes on the floor, people's coffee cups from gas stations or wherever sitting on top of the jewelry area (which wasn't open yet at the time)... Didn't see any shoving or trampling, nor did I see people beating each other up, thankfully, but still, what a mess. I felt so bad for the employees that were there, and I really never want to do that midnight excursion again.

I usually try and avoid shopping on Black Friday in general because I don't want to be in the insanity and add to retail workers' hectic activity. My mom's worked in retail for years, and I have a huge amount of sympathy for retail workers in general after hearing all the horror stories she's shared that she and other employees have dealt with. It never ceases to amaze me how obnoxious and rude and, quite frankly, downright stupid some customers tend to be. If only they could work in retail, even if just for a day, or a week.

Sounds like it was pretty busy at where I work last Friday, too, but I haven't heard any stories of nasty experiences, thankfully.

Angela
Old 11-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

I love Target, going there after work and looking forward to it