Wahington D.C. Citizens Can Now Be Armed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The crime rate will not drop.

It will not happen.

I think the second amendment should be repealed.

Because many crimes are elevated by the availability of guns. Certainly some people would find ways to acquire guns illegally if banned, and that is an unfortunate truth, but plenty of gun crimes occur that would not have if guns were not so readily available.

Because many crimes are elevated by the availability of guns. Certainly some people would find ways to acquire guns illegally if banned, and that is an unfortunate truth, but plenty of gun crimes occur that would not have if guns were not so readily available.

It's a fact

The US cities with the most retrictive gun laws
have the most gun related crimes.

I don't see how the crime rate will drop just because people can have guns in their homes. :scratch:

Will criminals be more afraid to commit crime because their victims might have a gun?

Extraordinarily doubtful. I mean, criminals aren't swayed by potential jail time or even the death penalty.

How does a "regular person" having a gun make crime go down?

Ask how having more guns in the city can lead to increased crime, and you can write an essay.

It's a fact

Source please? Then look at that source, look at the year those laws went into effect, look at the crime rates before those laws, and all the other factors. You know the stuff the NRA always overlooks.

It's a fact

it seems to me that such restrictive gun laws came *after* crime rates spiked due to a host of reasons far beyond the rare case where a citizen actually prevents a crime with a gun. the reason why WDC is so violent in areas is not because unarmed citizens are unable to defend themselves, but because WDC is home to some of the most impoverished, most ghettoized communities in the US due for a variety of reasons. i suppose it's easier to just give people guns and tell them to just shoot it out rather than address why these communities wallow in despair to begin with.

and keep in mind, VA is one of the easiest places in the country to get a gun. it's right across the river. so anyone who wants a gun just goes to VA and gets one. VA will give anyone a gun -- even the mentally ill.

i look forward to getting mugged at gunpoint! :up:

Back
Top Bottom