Voted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Voted. 1st with no one else there. (ie, pretty much the norm except for a Presidential year). Appears there is much more interest in whether or not county is going to switch to Home Rule than in any of the other races.

Voted, begrudgingly as a member of the 'silent middle'... but at least I made sure to educate myself on each race and not vote party lines.

Voted, begrudgingly as a member of the 'silent middle'... but at least I made sure to educate myself on each race and not vote party lines.

This. My wife and I were surprised to find that we had a pretty even spread between R and D candidates, with a few Libertarians thrown in to make it interesting.

This. My wife and I were surprised to find that we had a pretty even spread between R and D candidates, with a few Libertarians thrown in to make it interesting.

Independents seriously need to make a push for us to get away from 2 party bullshit, but we get no respect, let akone voice, here in MA independents are the majority of registered voters and yet they don't even list indies as such we have to be labeled 'unenrolled'.

Voted at 4:30. I was 683 (one precinct). I didn't check a straight ticket but that's basically how it ended up this time. I got a sticker and somehow it ended up stuck to my puppy.

I voted and then went and got my free fries*

IMG_0469.JPG

*plus burger, and glass of water - with gratuity costs - $12.

Freedum FRYIES rulz! :rockon:

:wink:

oh yeah VOTED around 3 hours ago- some people there, but expect some more after work time.

I moved soon after last year's Election Day. In this new area that I had to walk a :huh: 1/2 plus mile which was even longer than I thought looking on the map I googled up! Thank goodness it was nice weather.
you must get that all my life i wasn't more than 3 blocks away from a school that I was districted to vote in!!

For next time I know I can take eother 2 buses to get there or walk part way (the downhill part) and take the bus the rest of the way ( the Uphill part)!! Bad weather/ extra tired etc

AND it was the FIRST TIME For NYC'rs :lol: to use the new Modern Voting machines-- for us it's mostly Optical Scanners with the fill-the-oval-like-City-wide/ or State-wide school exams!

it wasn't too bad and my ballot went through on the first try! :applaud:

Well, after two years of being registered and a huge list of things I screwed up, I've finally voted.

I can't pretend I was super informed, but I did at least have an opinion about House and Senate, so I felt fine about that.

It was the smaller local stuff that has me worried, I wish you didn't have to vote for every position if you just don't feel like you know enough.

However, it's definitely filled me with the drive to become a better informed voter for next time out.

It was the smaller local stuff that has me worried, I wish you didn't have to vote for every position if you just don't feel like you know enough.

However, it's definitely filled me with the drive to become a better informed voter for next time out.

Nicely put. I had a similar issue-the state Supreme Court justices were pretty easy for me, but there were a few district judges up for re-election that I didn't know a whole lot about, so it was hard to really know who to vote for. But like you said, something to think about next time out.

Other than that, no real earth-shattering difficulties with the votes. We had two measures on the ballot, about putting an amendment into the state Constitution to allow for some preservation-related things for wildlife and such, and then whether or not to have a convention to allow such an amendment, if need be. Nothing overly controversial there. The Supreme Court judges bit is about the most dramatic issue in our state race, and who you voted for pretty much can be determined on which side of the aisle they come down on in regards to that specific state issue (as well as other more national ones-economy, immigration, and such).

Our polls are still open for a bit yet, haven't really heard so far what our results are. Will have to go check that out soon here.

Angela

You don't have to vote in every section of the ballot if you choose not to, at least in most states this is the case.

If that's true then LemonMelon's in trouble. He voted before I did because I ended up having to go to another city to vote and he told me it wouldn't let him skip anything. *checking*

I've been having fun watching this Facebook ticker of users who have reported voting today.

Back
Top Bottom