Voted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I voted, all Democrats except for a few Independents. NO REPUBLICANS, thank you tea party.

Ive never done anything quite like that before. If it weren't for the Independents i would have went straight party (D).

I said NO to all of the judges, even though i really had no idea about them. Oh well!

Alan Grayson [D-FL] went down. Too bad, he was fucking crazy but made for some good Youtube moments. The current U.S. political machine is not ready for that kind of bile and venom, he would have fit in well in the UK though.

I must quote one of my Facebook friends.

"Don't vote. It will only encourage the bastards."

:up::applaud:

Re: voting on retention of judges--in election years, state and county bar associations in states using this system generally poll their members on the performance of any judges up for the ballot, then post the results on their websites. Also check the courts page of your state's .gov site; there should be links there enabling you to review judicial opinions for cases in which the relevant judges were on the panel.

I worked the polls today. Turnout here was above average for midterms, but not spectacularly so. I didn't vote a straight party ticket (never have actually), though I voted mostly for Democrats. It was a long day and I haven't had time to review the exit polls yet, so I'm looking forward to doing that tomorrow.

I voted last night after work. It took me a while. The polling place was pretty busy. Voted mostly a straight Democratic ticket. However, I'm a sad kitten, Russ Feingold, a lion for progressive principles and a man of integrity, lost to teabagger favorite Ron Johnson. Excuse me while I sit in a corner and cry.:sad:

However, I'm a sad kitten, Russ Feingold, a lion for progressive principles and a man of integrity, lost to teabagger favorite Ron Johnson. Excuse me while I sit in a corner and cry.:sad:

Even though I'm not at all a Democrat, I voted for Russ. I saw no reason to kick him out of Washington, especially when Johnson didn't exactly bring anything impressive to the table.

But he's Not A Career Politician!™

I love how many people have trotted that out this cycle. Well, fine, so you're not. That could be a good thing. It could mean that you're not saddled with lobbyists and special interests and actually have the will to fight for change and stand up for those you represent. That could also mean that this is the start of your career and soon you will be a career politician. It could also mean that you're woefully naive about how things work and how to actually effectively legislate and work to get things done.

So, in essence, telling me you're not a career politician tells me nothing. Other than the fact that you're riding this wave of anti-government sentiment all the way to... your spot in the government.

But he's Not A Career Politician!™

I love how many people have trotted that out this cycle. Well, fine, so you're not. That could be a good thing. It could mean that you're not saddled with lobbyists and special interests and actually have the will to fight for change and stand up for those you represent. That could also mean that this is the start of your career and soon you will be a career politician. It could also mean that you're woefully naive about how things work and how to actually effectively legislate and work to get things done.

So, in essence, telling me you're not a career politician tells me nothing. Other than the fact that you're riding this wave of anti-government sentiment all the way to... your spot in the government.

Bingo. Once again, I love how the public can be so cynical about politics in general, but then when they hear statements like the one you shared, or when they see photos of the candidates with their families, walking around in the heartland or driving their ol' trucks or talking about "family values", they fall hook, line, and sinker for that and use that as their argument for voting for a candidate. 'Cause, you know, naturally when they say they're for "family values", they mean it. How does your cynicism detector suddenly short-circuit for that stuff?

And I really wish people would pay attention to the last line in your post, too. Amazing how people constantly miss the complete hypocrisy in such things.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom