Voice From The Past - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Voice From The Past

Hi,
Was thinking about ya'll so I thought I'd drop in to say Hello and Happy Early Thanksgiving!
I've changed over the years since we last talked. I don't argue politics anymore. I've got my political beliefs, others have theirs, and it just doesn't do any good to argue. In fact, I recently left an organization because I was getting sick of the political talk.
Anyways, just wanted to say Hi and God Bless You All!
Mike
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Hi 80s! Very good to hear from you.

I'm afraid we're still mostly arguing politics around here...though the fact that this still exists as a subforum probably already told you that much. The cast of characters around here has fluctuated a good deal (as always), however those still around from your day remain essentially unchanged (as always).

Hope all is well with you, and Happy Thanksgiving to you also!
__________________

__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Sup 80s

I didn't give a F back in the day when you were around here. Were you one of the more right-leaning posters who was chased away by our liberal wankfest?

Thanks for saying whassup regardless
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Sup 80s

I didn't give a F back in the day when you were around here. Were you one of the more right-leaning posters who was chased away by our liberal wankfest?

Thanks for saying whassup regardless
Hi,
I don't think right-leaning is the proper phrase. It's actually more "right-entrenched".

I was outnumbered here, that's for sure, but it was actually my own inability to argue without getting upset that chased me away. And I wasn't the type who could throw out a zinger and be done with it. I threw tantrums. I was very ashamed of myself by the time I left. And that's why I don't argue anymore.

This forum serves a good purpose for those of you who can argue the points without getting emotionally involved. And most of the people i argued with were good at that. But I wasn't.

Anyways, nice to meet ya, thanks for the greeting. Godspeed to you!

Did ya'll know that Michael Been of The Call died in August? He was a good man.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
Hi 80s! Very good to hear from you.

I'm afraid we're still mostly arguing politics around here...though the fact that this still exists as a subforum probably already told you that much. The cast of characters around here has fluctuated a good deal (as always), however those still around from your day remain essentially unchanged (as always).

Hope all is well with you, and Happy Thanksgiving to you also!
Hi Yolland, thanks for the shout-out. You were always one of my favorites. Do you still serve as ref? You were always good at being able to soothe us savage beats.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 10:44 AM
Hi, 80's. It's nice to see you back. We tangled some but I think it ended up goodnatured. I still visit to read because some of the discussions are interesting, but I don't participate very much. I've lost my taste for politics. I'm losing my taste for people in general. But my computer desk looks out over my backyard and I can watch my crows and squirrels and since I don't speak crow or squirrel, I don't know whether they have their own version of political rants so I can remain blissfully enchanted.
__________________
BonosSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 03:44 PM
Hi 80s, I also remember your posts. I lost interest in politics for a while but somehow couldn't drag myself away from FYM. My political views have shifted somewhat rightwards since 2005.
__________________
financeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
purpleoscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In right wing paranoia
Posts: 7,597
Local Time: 07:44 AM
If people have the time you can learn a lot but it does require swallowing ego to get anywhere and as Yolland points out most people are where they are politically as they were in the past.

Anyways there are other subforums and U2 news areas that are much more fun which is the entire point of this site. FUN.
__________________
purpleoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Hi 80s!

I hope that you have been well and that life has been kind to you. Take care, pop by sometime.
__________________
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 08:44 AM
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonosSaint View Post
Hi, 80's. It's nice to see you back. We tangled some but I think it ended up goodnatured. I still visit to read because some of the discussions are interesting, but I don't participate very much. I've lost my taste for politics. I'm losing my taste for people in general. But my computer desk looks out over my backyard and I can watch my crows and squirrels and since I don't speak crow or squirrel, I don't know whether they have their own version of political rants so I can remain blissfully enchanted.
HI, you and I never got into any fights; we were always able to agree to disagree.

I really enjoy being around animals. My sister lives in an area with zebras and elks, so it's real nice to go see her. Sometimes they even come up to her yard.

I'm a real softy when it's comes to animals. I cry over the smallest animal's death. If I had to hunt for my food, I would definitely be a vegetarian.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Hi 80s, I also remember your posts. I lost interest in politics for a while but somehow couldn't drag myself away from FYM. My political views have shifted somewhat rightwards since 2005.
Good to see ya! Are you the only righty left? Wait, that's confusing. Should I say "Are you the only remaining righty?"
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Anyways there are other subforums and U2 news areas that are much more fun which is the entire point of this site. FUN.
Hi! I do love me some U2. I didn't much care for the newest album at first, but it really grew on me. I don't like Fez being Born or Cedars of Lebanon, but that's about it. Unknown Caller is awesome, and Magnificent is vintage U2.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Hi, good to see ya! How are things going for you?
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Hi 80s!

I hope that you have been well and that life has been kind to you. Take care, pop by sometime.
Hi, Life has been very kind, thanks very much. Very peaceful for me. I'm getting too old, but I'm getting there gracefully!

Take care and God Bless You!
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com