Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
I just read that there are fears up to 100 may be dead in Marysville. Out of a population of a little more than 500. Whole families just gone. Hard to even fathom.

link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Speaking of wildlife, this is one of the most simultaneously adorable and depressing photos ever:

And here's an update on Sam the koala (who's a girl). link

Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:00 PM
Quote:
"I could see she had sore feet and was in trouble, so I pulled over the fire truck. She just plonked herself down, as if to say 'I'm beat'," he said.

"I offered her a drink and she drank three bottles.

"The most amazing part was when she grabbed my hand. I will never forget that."

Old 02-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #123
The Male

Local Time: 03:00 PM
I have no words, and I can't relate to this in any way, shape, or form. All I can say is that my thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering through this disaster.

Good God, does this make you grateful for rain. I remember Axver showing me pictures of Melbourne months ago, and being horrified by how bone dry it was.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

Seeing the various images online, and reading about everything, really makes you put things in perspective.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #125
Refugee

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Canadian songwriter Leonard Cohen, who's touring Australia, has donated $200,000 to bush fire victims. Even though he's had money problems in the past it didn't stop him from donating.

Yet no word if the Canadian government has decided to help in some way. Canada is a world superpower in forest fire suppression but the only thing they've done is expressed Canada’s sympathies to those affected by the bushfires. Even our own shared Queen has made a private donation to a special fund. I'm just pissed off Canada isn't doing more to help our cousin and ally, especially when it's concerning something we are experts in.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #126
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Some People Saw The Fires Coming

This devout man shouldn't pollute the other thread
Quote:
The Catch the Fire Ministries has tried to blame the bushfires disaster on laws decriminalising abortion in Victoria.

The Pentecostal church's leader, Pastor Danny Nalliah, claimed he had a dream about raging fires on October 21 last year and that he woke with "a flash from the Spirit of God: that His conditional protection has been removed from the nation of Australia, in particular Victoria, for approving the slaughter of innocent children in the womb".

The former Treasurer, Peter Costello, who sent a video message to an Australia Day prayer meeting organised by Pastor Nalliah this year, was outraged by his remarks on the fires.

"To link the death and suffering of bushfire victims to other political events is appalling, heartless and wrong,'' said Mr Costello, who has lost a Christian friend in the fires.

"Those who have suffered deserve ever support and sympathy. It is beyond the bounds of decency to try to make moral or politcal points out of such a tragedy.''

Pastor Nalliah said he was helping to co-ordinate fire relief, including providing trucks to distribute clothes and food and giving his own blood, but he said he must tell "the truth".

Asked by the Herald if he did not believe most Australians would regard his remarks as being in appallingly bad taste, he said today: "I must tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear."

He said it was no use "molly-coddling" Australians.

Asked if he believed in a God who would take vengeance by killing so many people indiscriminately - even those who opposed abortion, Mr Nalliah referred to 2 Chronicles 7:14 to vouch for his assertion that God could withdraw his protection from a nation.

"The Bible is very clear," he said. "If you walk out of God's protection and turn your back on Him, you are an open target for the devil to destroy."

In the New King James version of the Bible, 2 Chronicles 7:14 states that: "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

He quoted a headline describing the fires as "The Darkest hour for Victoria". "A few months ago the news media should have reported `the darkest hour for the unborn', but unfortunately the `Decriminalisation of Abortion bill' went through parliament and was passed, thus making many people call Victoria `the baby killing state of Australia,' " Mr Nalliah said.

Pastor Nalliah said there may be criticism. But he said he did not send out his media statement thoughtlessly. "We spend two days working on it."

He had previously said drought and the world financial crisis could be partly blamed on human sin.
Pastor's abortion dream inflames bushfire tragedy | smh.com.au

I can't wait until something happens after the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #127
Blue Crack Supplier

different country, same people.

you'd think Sydney would have learned when God made such an example out of New Orleans.

i predict a tsunami. or maybe the great white sharks will swim on land and eat people on the sidewalks.

you never can tell what will happen when we piss off God with our fuckin' and abortin'.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #128
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:00 PM
it's safe to say this is one we wouldn't have missed if he was caught in the fires.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #129
She's the One

Local Time: 03:00 PM
Some people in California blamed our fires on the legalization of gay marriage. I wanted to know what caused the fires before it was legal.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:20 PM   #130
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Some people in California blamed our fires on the legalization of gay marriage. I wanted to know what caused the fires before it was legal.
i loved that the midwest got flooded after the legalisation of gay marriage in california.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #131
War Child

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Give me a friggin' break. I'm so sick of hearing about religious fanatics preaching all these twisted things. If their views are so screwed up, they should just keep it to themselves.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #132
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools View Post
Give me a friggin' break. I'm so sick of hearing about religious fanatics preaching all these twisted things. If their views are so screwed up, they should just keep it to themselves.
Or, you know, if they have such advance notice, try to help people. Kind of like what God asked Jonah to do.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:00 AM
I pity the God that is such a weakling and such a diva and such an intolerant bastard.

Just saw two movies about Sophie Scholl and if I were to believe in God it would be one after her example.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #134
Blue Crack Supplier

more s for our Aussie Posse
Old 02-11-2009, 03:17 AM   #135
45:33

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Speaking of wildlife, this is one of the most simultaneously adorable and depressing photos ever:

This photo has travelled the world apparently. It's truly amazing, so is the firefighter's words, remember koalas aren't known for being docile creatures.

I haven't cried, or anything, but when I read these stories and see these pictures in the paper when I come from work each day it just really makes you move. You can't imagine anything much worse than this.

I'm with Sicy too, it's hard seeing the animals. I'm thinking that's some of my money might go to.

Here's hoping our government puts aside any crap and just dishes out this $950 bonus to the appeal.

Really puts the financial crisis etc into perspective...