Victorian bushfires and heatwave thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if he is guilty he will get off by reason of mental defect .

as much as everyone (including me) hates this guy , he does have the basic human right of fair treatment and to have his identity protected. there is no public interest in knowing where he lives or what he looks like, or even knowing his name at this stage.

ahhh hell, late news - a firefighter has been killed by a falling tree. many prayers for his family .

death toll has risen to 189 .

and is set to rise again.

more fires were deliberately lit in the lillydale and anglesea areas yesterday. Anglesea is not even an hour away from here.

Sending off some thomas trains, books and lego to a little boy with Autism who has lost all his stuff.

That is so sweet of you, Jen! You show the other side of humanity, what is the best that we can be. God bless you. :hug:

A Sydney rag paper posing as legit journalism last week splashed on the cover a huge picture with "300" emblazoned as a caption at the bottom. Now, anyone who is not following closely and didn't read the story would be shocked and saddened to think 300 now dead. No, it was just the predicted possible toll as the pathetic article quietly revealed. No, the 189 is not as big a number as 300, and 300 is a nice, large rounded number, that someone really just pulled out their arse, but whatever. It looks GREAT as the sole text on a really grim picture. Each individual tragedy and story of unimaginable loss is JUST NOT DRAMATIC ENOUGH. If the digits could be capitalised, they would have been.

And let's not start on the television media.

A Sydney rag paper posing as legit journalism last week splashed on the cover a huge picture with "300" emblazoned as a caption at the bottom. Now, anyone who is not following closely and didn't read the story would be shocked and saddened to think 300 now dead. No, it was just the predicted possible toll as the pathetic article quietly revealed. No, the 189 is not as big a number as 300, and 300 is a nice, large rounded number, that someone really just pulled out their arse, but whatever. It looks GREAT as the sole text on a really grim picture. Each individual tragedy and story of unimaginable loss is JUST NOT DRAMATIC ENOUGH. If the digits could be capitalised, they would have been.

And let's not start on the television media.

skanky journalists, honestly they seem to have less heart than ambulance chasing lawyers :tsk:

we started banning the news in our place on about day 2 - the media coverage stopped being about news pretty quicky and more a numbers game . . . it was just horrifying and insensitive and appauling and all those other descriptors . . .reducing peoples terror and grief to catchy little soundbites :madwife: . . .

notsure how much more the state can take but we have new fires today .
Belgrave which is very close to melbourne, daylesford- i just spent the weekend there and it so such a beautiful place and Aireys inlet which is close to geelong are all having fires :sigh:

The Belgrave/Lysterfield fire came very close to the property where I keep my horses tonight. I was stuck at a road block while my sister was at the property, making sure the horses were okay and helping the owner of the property water the house down...

I finally snuck through the road block by foot (I know, not the smartest thing to do), and helped water the property down. Thankfully the fire has now been down-graded, and I'm at home now. I just hope it stays that way...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom