Victorian bushfires and heatwave thread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2009, 05:24 AM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoishot View Post
I know, after the heat from something like that it must have been so glad for the liquid/hydration. I didn't know they didn't drink water. I guess us English folk don't know these things. glad to know she is being cared for and the other animals found. I'm sure the amount raised will rise over the next week or so. I think my order for the picture of the koala went through at last.

ETA: Payment was accepted for the picture.
good on you for buying one. i really appreciate the support from everyone here . interference is a good place.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #152
War Child

Local Time: 01:23 AM
I spent Saturday morning at a mates place in Kilmore East - we evacuated when the firestorm was bout 4-5kms away from his property. He lost his house - but luckily not his life. We spent a very scary few days in Wangaratta - not sure what the hell was happening back at his place. I also had friends in Marysville - unfortunately we have not heard anything from them at all. We fear the worst but havent any news either way. The worst thing is just waiting.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:53 AM
So sorry to hear TNMP. And to anyone who has lost a friend or loved one.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:27 AM   #154
The Fly

Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsnotmypuppy View Post
I spent Saturday morning at a mates place in Kilmore East - we evacuated when the firestorm was bout 4-5kms away from his property. He lost his house - but luckily not his life. We spent a very scary few days in Wangaratta - not sure what the hell was happening back at his place. I also had friends in Marysville - unfortunately we have not heard anything from them at all. We fear the worst but havent any news either way. The worst thing is just waiting.
Let's pray for the best for your friends in Marysville!

Hopefully we raise a fair bit of money tonight with the telethon.
Thanks for all your support guys!

Mysterious jen, you're right on with the one positive aspect of this tragedy. The way our community has come together to help and work tirelessly is amazing. Our leadership is doing a fantastic job too.

Well about the arsonists, I'm at a loss... what drives someone to cause such destruction? The thing I find hard to comprehend is that its such a simple act on a day like last Saturday that was so hot. You could throw a cigarette butt into the bush and have such a devastating exponential reaction. It's almost more evil than murdering someone face to face... The anonimity and little power thrill of those arsonist fuckers would get.... I don't know guys.

Mysterious jen its just been confirmed that those two taken in for question were realeased with no charges. It angers me to think that these people might not get caught and never face the justice they deserve. Even if they're caught they'll probably only get 5 years jail with good behaviour...

Ok, done with my rant too I think

Jon
Old 02-12-2009, 06:28 AM   #155
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
my thoughts are with you and friends . much love if you want to "chat " you can pm me just to debreif.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post
Let's pray for the best for your friends in Marysville!

Mysterious jen its just been confirmed that those two taken in for question were realeased with no charges. It angers me to think that these people might not get caught and never face the justice they deserve. Even if they're caught they'll probably only get 5 years jail with good behaviour...

Ok, done with my rant too I think

Jon
yeah i just heard that they released them. suprised they werent fucking looters instead

they will get murder or manslaughter and life in jail or at least 25 years. and it will be solitary because they will not last long in general population if the coppers dont rough em up too much in the first place.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #157
The Fly

when you do something like that, justice, karma, life, whatever you believe in will come your way. They'll pay the price.

It's good chatting with you guys

Mysterious jen u mentioned belly dance club in geelong! I didnt kno they had one. If its anything like zoo tv ill come and support haha.

On a serious note tho its great to hear that your making a real effort to help out, especially with those kids.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

wel have a couple of belly dancing groups and many contacts throughout melbourne, many women from all walks of life and shapes and sizes dance , but my teacher is fucking brilliant . hopefully we can all gather together and do a big performance night to raise some money .
Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #159
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 02:23 AM
The Koala pic made the papers here today.

So what's the weather like? Is it cooling down already or still a disaster?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:16 AM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

its quite cool now , back to about 20 degrees c , going up to mid 30's possibly on the weekend

i think that would be quite freaky for the people up there , they are wearing jumpers to keep warm but the fires are still burning , being somewhat closer to being undercontrol though . the winds have alot to do with how things go.

they are doing back burning and making firebreaks to help prevent the spread of the fires further. still thousands of volunteer fire fighters out there round the clock. they are absolute heroes beyond belief.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #161
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 02:23 AM
Good that they're also making those firebreaks, smart thinking there. Because you can never be sure when it starts again!

I hope you guys get loads of cool weather and rain the next few days!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 AM   #162
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Good that they're also making those firebreaks, smart thinking there. Because you can never be sure when it starts again!

I hope you guys get loads of cool weather and rain the next few days!
Thanks Galeon Girl!!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #163
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:23 PM
Quote:
Oh how awful.

Glad you and your Kilmore East friend made it out ok. So very sorry about your other friends.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #164
Refugee

Local Time: 01:23 AM
Very sorry to hear the fires have affected a few of you so personally. At the same time it's very heartening to know that the community is pulling together so courageously.

Tragic times like these can really bring out the best in people. Reminds me a bit of the Montreal ice strom in '98.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #165
Blue Crack Addict

Strato, I'm very moved by your story, I'm so sorry to hear about it.

Likewise to TNMP - I hope your mates are all okay.

And for any other Vics here with similar problems, keep your heads up. I don't really know what to say. I just hope nothing on this scale happens again.