Vice-President-Elect Biden Appreciation...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I'm as excited about the election of Barack Obama as anyone, but I think we should also be excited about the election of who I think is going to be one hell of a VP...Vice-President-Elect Joseph Biden...let him not be overlooked! This is a thread where we can express appropriate appreciation :)

In this spirit...here is a 'matching' sig for him, via a very average photoshop job courtesy of yours truly :wink:

sigpic59431102tx2.jpg

omg. laura is going to combust.

:combust:

Did someone ask for Biden appreciation? I'm your girl! :yippie:

Joe :heart: Anyone with an interest in politics should read his book Promises to Keep. I learned a lot about the workings of the senate, his life, there were times I laughed out loud, and there were times I teared up. He has lived an incredible life...and the best is yet to come :D

I just had to throw this one in again....:D

n31804491_32127965_7065.jpg

Last edited:
My father absolutely despises Joe Biden.

I don't mind him, seems alright to me. I certainly think he was a smart choice as VP.

I believe his words were, "I can't stand him. He's the epitome of slimy politicians. One of those guys who just spins everything. I watch these debates, and everything he says is just spin. They do the fact-check afterwards and it's always, 'Well, technically what he said is true, but it's misleading.' He's one of those guys who does it constantly."

My father doesn't vote, by the way. He's never said why, but I think it's out of cynicism more than anything. I had to get it from somewhere, right?

Some of you may know I pride myself on being able to work a Church (the Australian band, not any religions institution...well, it might be a religious institution for fans... :hmm: ) reference or connection into into just about anything (yeah, yeah, I know it's pitiful, but everyone needs a hobby). So I just know you are waiting with baited breath to see if I can link the Church to the upcoming administration. Well...Yes I Can!!!! :D

Here it goes:

The lead singer of the Church is married to a woman from the US. She has family in West Virginia and Delaware (and they lived in Delaware for a few years too), and it turns out that her late uncle was active in Delaware politics and knew, at least casually, Joe Biden.

:D

Nice picture, U2democrat.

I think Joe Biden is going to be a ton of fun to watch during the next four years. He's kind of just a fun guy and I like his straight-forward approach. I think he's a perfect fit for Obama. I don't think he is like other more experienced politicians. You can tell he still has a heart and some personality.

Cheney is the butt of something approaching incandescent hatred. As a matter of fact, I'd say he deserves it. He is and was the real power from day 1, in this administration.

The jokes are more appropriate to Bush. He's too much of a cipher to really hate.

I believe his words were, "I can't stand him. He's the epitome of slimy politicians. One of those guys who just spins everything. I watch these debates, and everything he says is just spin. They do the fact-check afterwards and it's always, 'Well, technically what he said is true, but it's misleading.' He's one of those guys who does it constantly."

My father doesn't vote, by the way. He's never said why, but I think it's out of cynicism more than anything. I had to get it from somewhere, right?

It's one of the political arts, is it not? :shrug:

One of my professors is good friends with Biden and has worked with him for 20 years. Needless to say I am in awe when he tells Biden stories. He loves Joe Biden (and they're at opposite ends of the political spectrum).

Back
Top Bottom