Vent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Let it all out, these are frustrating times.

So the only rules of this thread are:

You can't use the words: Republican, Democrat, Trump, Obama, Sanders, or Clinton. *or any associated names or terms

Let's try and vent without laying blame. Is it possible?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Life's pretty damn great if I can't use those terms, frankly.

Or at least if I censor them and all related content from my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You know, NZ has just been voted the world's least corrupt country, and has a website for US citizens wanting to emigrate.
Gets no U2 shows though.
Oh, venting... yeah. The world currently feels like the inside of the dome in Stephen King's book. And that isn't pleasant.

There's a sense now that literally anything could happen, and that "anything" is something really and truly horrible involves wrecked economies, mass death, and more.

I don't think he knows that he doesn't know anything, and unlike W Bush, he won't let an adult drive while he still has his learner's permit, and if you try and correct him he calls you a stupid disgusting person who doesn't know anything -- and look how good he's driving! -- and just presses the accelerator further.

I hate when I am at the gym doing my business in the bathroom, the motion sensor lights go out. I am plunged into pitch darkness in a compromised position, for the purposes of Going Green . Fuck the Earth.

I have a recurring dream where I'm a contestant on Top Chef. In real life, my husband does most of the cooking. I know how to keep myself fed, but I wouldn't even call cooking a hobby. In this dream, I am just me and I have to cook with these people. I know I have to smile and fake it and do my best to on the team challenges with people who vastly outrank me. But I'm aware that I have no actual ability or training, and that my role is to assist those that do. I'm here to help. It's stressful. And humbling.

I feel as if Trump is in this same dream, only he thinks he knows more about cooking than the trained chefs he's surrounded by. And they have to follow his orders.

Do doggie donuts really exist? Or is it something I have imagined? If not, what shape would the doggie donuts be? Would they be round with a hole in the middle? Or would they be in the shape of fire hydrants, mailmen, bones, etc? Then that's brings into question donuts for other animals and maybe a coffee tasting drink to go along with them too.

I'm sick of "What does the current administration mean for [select your bob-rich Christian White male group here]" that are essentially only "things are scary and we don't know what's going to happen" everywhere I turn online. No kidding. Anyone in the specific group of people the article chose to direct its fear-based rhetoric knows already. And knows that if something hasn't happened yet, no shit we don't know what will happen. And we have way more evidence that scaring people more than they're already scared just breeds crazy more, which is arguably a factor in how we got to this point in the first place. It does literally nothing.

I'm also tired of hearing how political correctness and "safe spaces" are the downfall of humanity. How many people raging against any of it even encounter it in their daily lives, and if so, how is it really disrupting their life to be asked to not be a dick? We've basically got people crying that they have to learn a few new words because now "cis gender" has come into their vocabulary. By that standard, there should be an immense amount of outrage at the SATs for all those multi-syllabic words you'll never use in a sentence (sounds ridiculous when put that way, doesn't it?). Are people really pining for the days where they could walk up to someone with down's syndrome on the street and call them retarded without getting called out on being obnoxious? Their either trolls who insist "it's funny, it's a joke" without understanding there's no such thing as objectively funny. Used to be that sort of behavior stopped being acceptable in humans past the age of say 12 or 13 years old. Since the same people bitching they can't say faggot as an insult anymore implicitly wish to return to somewhere in the past, how about we go back to a time where acting like a petulant child was seen as a bad thing post puberty? If they're serious and not just trolls, they're extra frustrating in hypocritical fashion, calling for "Christian morals" while conveniently ignoring that pesky treating others as you'd wish to be treated thing falls under the same category of DONT BE A DICK.

If we're so worried about this whole "pussification" of American kids, why is it that I keep bringing grown ass adults whining about head colds and tummy aches to the ER? We're so worried that children might grow up to respect people of races other than their own, but there's 47 year olds out there calling 911 because they've had a sore throat for 4 hours. If anything, that's who should be told to suck it up and called buttercup.

Last edited:
I don't feel bad for assholes who are told to stop being assholes. Get a fucking grip and go visit a homeless shelter or a children's hospital for an hour and realize your complaints about so-called "social justice warriors" (i.e. human beings with tact) are utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Come to think of it, don't do that, because you'd probably say something insensitive and embarrass everyone involved. Just quarantine yourself to 4chan or reddit until you grow up.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that we (humanity) really have overstayed our welcome on this planet.

Saw someone on Facebook complaining about how hard it was to Boycott Starbucks. I was proud of myself for resisting the temptation to tell her that I got stuck in two hours of traffic today specifically because I stopped to buy a Starbucks drink I never would've purchased under normal circumstances and also refrained from offering to buy her a $25 gift card, so she could still get her fix on while staying true to her oh-so-important values.

I know the site's pretty slow at the moment, but god it's irritating clicking "New Posts" hoping to see some activity then seeing the results are about 4 active threads of actual discussion...and 20+ threads of stuff like

"What are you eating?"
"What are you wearing?"
"How are you?"
"Post the first word that pops into your head"
"What did you just do?"
"Post in this thread when you blink"
"What song is in your head?"
"What are you drinking?"
"Post every time you fart"
"When did you last scratch your ass?"
"What's the weather like?"
"Post when someone walks past your house"
"Word association game"
"Post when you clear your throat"

And for the last few days they've permanently taken up the entire page of threads when searching for something a bit more stimulating because a handful of people are going and replying to every single thread at once :doh: I'll admit I can't really complain as I replied ONCE to the what are you wearing thread, but this is getting out of hand now.

Agreed, it's annoying searching sub-forums of sub-forums for new posts because all the useful threads have been buried. These 'game' threads should've been excluded from Recent Threads a long time ago.

I know the site's pretty slow at the moment, but god it's irritating clicking "New Posts" hoping to see some activity then seeing the results are about 4 active threads of actual discussion...and 20+ threads of stuff like

"What are you eating?"
"What are you wearing?"
"How are you?"
"Post the first word that pops into your head"
"What did you just do?"
"Post in this thread when you blink"
"What song is in your head?"
"What are you drinking?"
"Post every time you fart"
"When did you last scratch your ass?"
"What's the weather like?"
"Post when someone walks past your house"
"Word association game"
"Post when you clear your throat"

And for the last few days they've permanently taken up the entire page of threads when searching for something a bit more stimulating because a handful of people are going and replying to every single thread at once :doh: I'll admit I can't really complain as I replied ONCE to the what are you wearing thread, but this is getting out of hand now.

you realise you can just block that forum, right

Oh yeah I know that and just leave it visible as an excuse to moan. :| tit.

(THANK YOU!)

I'm just going to say this generically. You don't know who I'm talking about, but I do.

Fuck that guy.

Back
Top Bottom