US Presidential Election Poll - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the 2016 US Presidential Election?
Hillary Clinton - Democrat 16 40.00%
Donald Trump - Republican 10 25.00%
Bernie Sanders - Democrat 8 20.00%
Gary Johnson - Libertarian 1 2.50%
Jill Stein - Green 4 10.00%
Other 1 2.50%
Sitting this crazy one out 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #31
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
You all make me laugh. Things inside the liberal bubble are funny when you watch it from the outside.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Where is this imaginary liberal bubble? You honestly believe that there is just a tiny portion of isolated people that think this way about Trump? Really?

Leave Breitbart for awhile, look within your own party even, look outside the US, otherwords; look at reality, not reality TV. There's a whole REAL world out there, and most of them are laughing or fearing you.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:00 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,262
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Will vote for Stein, obviously, because I'm a liberal.
__________________

__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:01 AM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,460
Local Time: 11:28 PM
There are that many trump fans here?

Fucking filthy. Yet another sign of the hard right turn U2 have taken since 2000. Appealing to anti-intellectuals helps pay the bills I suppose.
__________________
Zoomerang96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:58 AM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 6,626
Local Time: 12:28 AM
I really like Jill Stein but i can't reply envisioning myself voting for her.
__________________
Mack_Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:47 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 View Post
There are that many trump fans here?



Fucking Filthy .

This is the attitude that makes me think twice about doing a public poll.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
This is the attitude that makes me think twice about doing a public poll.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference



I take your point, but do you not think it's reasonable that, as a self-described "Trumpet," that others assume you are perfectly fine with being associated with anti-Muslim bigotry, anti-Mexican bigotry, and appeals to the racist far right? Muslim ban, the "Mexican" judge, took days to renounce David Duke, insinuating that Obama "knows very well" about these terror attacks. He's also talked about his penis size in a debate.

I mean, by expressing support for the candidate is it not reasonable for you to be held responsible for also supporting these decisions and positions?

I know that we don't agree with all our candidates on everything, but isn't disagreeing on, say, the raising of the minimum wage or drone policy different than a man who is quite clearly appealing to racism?
__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,202
Local Time: 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I take your point, but do you not think it's reasonable that, as a self-described "Trumpet," that others assume you are perfectly fine with being associated with anti-Muslim bigotry, anti-Mexican bigotry, and appeals to the racist far right? Muslim ban, the "Mexican" judge, took days to renounce David Duke, insinuating that Obama "knows very well" about these terror attacks. He's also talked about his penis size in a debate.

I mean, by expressing support for the candidate is it not reasonable for you to be held responsible for also supporting these decisions and positions?

I know that we don't agree with all our candidates on everything, but isn't disagreeing on, say, the raising of the minimum wage or drone policy different than a man who is quite clearly appealing to racism?
My favorite is Trump denigrating the judge because his parents weren't born here. And now blaming the Orlando shooting because the guys parents weren't born here.

TRUMP'S PARENTS WEREN'T BORN HERE!!! HIS TWO WIVES WEREN'T BORN HERE!!!

So, that just means that white is ok, and black or brown is not.
__________________
womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BigMacPhisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,262
Local Time: 12:28 AM
U2 has a lot of older white fans...if you got into them as a twenty year old in 1983, you'd be 53 years old at this point...all things being equal, odds are in favor that you'd be a Trump supporter.
__________________
BigMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I take your point, but do you not think it's reasonable that, as a self-described "Trumpet," that others assume you are perfectly fine with being associated with anti-Muslim bigotry, anti-Mexican bigotry, and appeals to the racist far right? Muslim ban, the "Mexican" judge, took days to renounce David Duke, insinuating that Obama "knows very well" about these terror attacks. He's also talked about his penis size in a debate.

I mean, by expressing support for the candidate is it not reasonable for you to be held responsible for also supporting these decisions and positions?

I know that we don't agree with all our candidates on everything, but isn't disagreeing on, say, the raising of the minimum wage or drone policy different than a man who is quite clearly appealing to racism?

Believe me, There have been many times I wanted to bitch-slap Trump for falling into making inarticulate statements in an off the cuff format

- the initial campaign announcement where he said 'they're sending rapists and murders, I assume good people' a more polished politician would make the linkages that MS-13 is crossing the border, human traffickers are sexually assaulting young kids on their way to the border, that the current administration through ICE is rereleasing thousands of illegal felons (murderers and rapists) back into the streets

- instead of saying Mexican judge has it out for, should have pointed out that he should recuse himself out of conflict of interest given Trumps immigration position. He would have done himself a better service by pointing his membership in a La Raza Lawyer Association and a law firm that gave money to Hillary.

- 'temporary ban on Muslims entering the US' statement. In recent days refined that statement to say the temporary ban should be focus on countries where terrorist activities are known to be occurring. Taking the refugees he argues is a Trojan Horse in that terrorists can hide out in the refugee population. Hasn't happened in a US attack yet, but several members of the Paris and Brussels attack cells turned out to be in the long line of refugees from Syria. Many high ranking current members of the FBI and CIA have expressed grave concerns about radical elements embedding themselves in the refugee influx. just this week a poll showed the American public supported Trumps temporary ban 50-42%

So there are moments when I have a hand to face reaction where I know his knee jerk statements open himself up to the bigotry card. But I'm voting for him because I feel he is on right side of many issues facing our country.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #40
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Believe me, There have been many times I wanted to bitch-slap Trump for falling into making inarticulate statements in an off the cuff format

- the initial campaign announcement where he said 'they're sending rapists and murders, I assume good people' a more polished politician would make the linkages that MS-13 is crossing the border, human traffickers are sexually assaulting young kids on their way to the border, that the current administration through ICE is rereleasing thousands of illegal felons (murderers and rapists) back into the streets

- instead of saying Mexican judge has it out for, should have pointed out that he should recuse himself out of conflict of interest given Trumps immigration position. He would have done himself a better service by pointing his membership in a La Raza Lawyer Association and a law firm that gave money to Hillary.

- 'temporary ban on Muslims entering the US' statement. In recent days refined that statement to say the temporary ban should be focus on countries where terrorist activities are known to be occurring. Taking the refugees he argues is a Trojan Horse in that terrorists can hide out in the refugee population. Hasn't happened in a US attack yet, but several members of the Paris and Brussels attack cells turned out to be in the long line of refugees from Syria. Many high ranking current members of the FBI and CIA have expressed grave concerns about radical elements embedding themselves in the refugee influx. just this week a poll showed the American public supported Trumps temporary ban 50-42%

So there are moments when I have a hand to face reaction where I know his knee jerk statements open himself up to the bigotry card. But I'm voting for him because I feel he is on right side of many issues facing our country.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Because of your non-white heritage, no matter if you're born here or not, you can't uphold American values. That's what he said. It's not a gaffe, it's not a poorly phrased response. It's a long and clear pattern. And THIS is what you are supporting.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #41
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Hill Valley, CA
Posts: 366
Local Time: 08:28 PM
Trump has Alzheimer's.
__________________
Phantom Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Because of your non-white heritage, no matter if you're born here or not, you can't uphold American values. That's what he said.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Send me link to this exact quote


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:44 PM   #43
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Send me link to this exact quote


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Come on now... of course that's not the quote m, but that's what he's saying.

Here's a judge that has sworn to uphold the law and Trump is saying he can't do that job because of his "heritage".

What does that mean to you?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 05:28 AM
US Presidential Election Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
You all make me laugh. Things inside the liberal bubble are funny when you watch it from the outside.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Send me link to this exact quote


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference




Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 View Post
There are that many trump fans here?



Fucking filthy. Yet another sign of the hard right turn U2 have taken since 2000. Appealing to anti-intellectuals helps pay the bills I suppose.

You seem to be ignorant of the amount of religious folk that love U2. They are very popular amongst Christian conservatives.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
bobsaget77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 12:28 AM
What do Trump and conservative Christians have in common?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com