US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My God. Devin Numbnutz is the definition of a pile of shit.

Fun watching him talk himself in circles - and make it clear that it's actually people in the WH that leak all this shit. Because... oh yeah, they all despise Trump and hope he dies in a fiery crash.

Last edited:
ladies and gentlemen of the interference intelligence committee, i would like to state on the record how much i really hate the word "whistleblower". thank you.

I note the pretty loud crickets from our resident right wing posters.

But I guess they were never really Trump fans, so ya know...

Don’t worry, there’ll be a FB post from Candace Owens or Diamond & Silk or whatever to put us in our place

ladies and gentlemen of the interference intelligence committee, i would like to state on the record how much i really hate the word "whistleblower". thank you.
giphy.gif

I’ll give you 3 guesses who she voted in 2016.

Ok, 1 guess.

https://ktla.com/2019/09/25/woman-seen-at-eagle-rock-cvs-screaming-racist-slurs-has-history-of-erratic-behavior-neighbor-says/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I would genuinely love it if Russian collusion was all not a thing and overblown and more just the petty crimes of Don Jr. (as it isn’t very criminal during the election in 2016, just shady and unamerican), only for Donald to go out there and unknowingly/ignorantly do the same thing he was accused of, only in this case... it’s a crime. It sums up his book-smarts intellect pretty well.

This is just... stunning stuff. In all seriousness

Is it really?

I mean this guy lies anytime he opens his mouth, he's been a con artist his whole life and clearly believes that he's not a President but a King.

The only question is how many other things he did without a whistleblower coming forward in this way.

Is it really?

I mean this guy lies anytime he opens his mouth, he's been a con artist his whole life and clearly believes that he's not a President but a King.

The only question is how many other things he did without a whistleblower coming forward in this way.

I should clarify. Stunning that we are actually seeing this now come out. What we all knew was going on. But now finally someone had the balls/or ovaries to actually come forward.

I have been stunned for 2 years that a whistle blower hasn't already come forward, or not even a whistle blower, but one of the many many fired officials, that they wouldn't have just spilled the beans about all that went on.

I am very certain that this call the is all the news right now, probably pales in comparison to many other calls we know nothing about.

I note the pretty loud crickets from our resident right wing posters.

But I guess they were never really Trump fans, so ya know...

I've been wondering what they're thinking about all this, and I'm not going to lie, if we must suffer through this shit, I'm having great fun sitting here being all, "I TOLD YOU SO". Whatever else happens going forward, I sincerely hope every Trump supporter has to live with the shame and disgrace of voting for this asshole, and I hope this has significant, long-lasting negative consequences for the GOP as a party going forward, too. Fuck these guys.

The odds of either being removed by the Senate is slim to none.

The one and only chance I see of Trump actually being removed by the GOP is if Trump publicly throws McConnell under the bus. That would be our 1 in 14,000,605 chance.

Oh, yeah, I know it's not likely at all. Just a really, really lovely little fantasy to think about. But ooh, yes, Trump turning on McConnell would be fascinating for a whole host of reasons.

Those Twitter links people are sharing are unreal. And if Trump's out here threatening people openly, I say we should just forgo the trial and throw him out right now, and make sure there are people standing by with cuffs ready to take him away.

The fuck is wrong with the New York Times? Hey we won’t give the name of the WB, but we’ll expose enough info that someone can figure it out

I've been wondering what they're thinking about all this, and I'm not going to lie, if we must suffer through this shit, I'm having great fun sitting here being all, "I TOLD YOU SO". Whatever else happens going forward, I sincerely hope every Trump supporter has to live with the shame and disgrace of voting for this asshole, and I hope this has significant, long-lasting negative consequences for the GOP as a party going forward, too. Fuck these guys.

Oh, yeah, I know it's not likely at all. Just a really, really lovely little fantasy to think about. But ooh, yes, Trump turning on McConnell would be fascinating for a whole host of reasons.

Those Twitter links people are sharing are unreal. And if Trump's out here threatening people openly, I say we should just forgo the trial and throw him out right now, and make sure there are people standing by with cuffs ready to take him away.

I have a friend who is a Republican that tolerates Trump because he agrees with his policies. He told me today that he doesn't think the items in the report are ethical, but that they're not impeachable either, but mostly he just wants it to all go away and he said he's deleting his Twitter account and it going to watch more sports than the news.

So basically it sounds like a stage of grief.

What it's going to take for public perception as well as the ultimate goal which is kicking Trump out of office is for a handful of brave GOP Senators, Congressmen/women, and Governers to go against the party and put country first, and then others will follow.

I have a friend who is a Republican that tolerates Trump because he agrees with his policies. He told me today that he doesn't think the items in the report are ethical, but that they're not impeachable either, but mostly he just wants it to all go away and he said he's deleting his Twitter account and it going to watch more sports than the news.

giphy.gif

What it's going to take for public perception as well as the ultimate goal which is kicking Trump out of office is for a handful of brave GOP Senators, Congressmen/women, and Governers to go against the party and put country first, and then others will follow.
Idk what it will take! Today I look at all the comments on different news articles relating to this scandal and I see tons of stupid people still defending trump! Utterly disgusting how anyone in their right mind could defend this creep. But alas I see tons of comments everywhere. I know they are the loud minority so I am hoping that 2020 puts an end to all this.

So yesterday, the Republican strategist Mike Murphy was on TV, and he said this:

“One Republican senator told me if it was a secret vote, 30 Republican senators would vote to impeach Trump.”

Now, that's not surprising news, it's 100% what we all expected - that most GOP senators don't really care for Trump but will protect him in order to protect themselves - but it's still somewhat startling to see it in writing, and to know that at least one GOP senator said it out loud to someone.

So yesterday, the Republican strategist Mike Murphy was on TV, and he said this:

“One Republican senator told me if it was a secret vote, 30 Republican senators would vote to impeach Trump.”

Now, that's not surprising news, it's 100% what we all expected - that most GOP senators don't really care for Trump but will protect him in order to protect themselves - but it's still somewhat startling to see it in writing, and to know that at least one GOP senator said it out loud to someone.

God willing they'll go for it if it comes to that. I could definitely see them feeling more emboldened if support for impeachment rises among voters, too. The more stuff that comes out, the harder it's going to be for anyone except the most diehard of Trump voters to argue that impeachment shouldn't happen.

"Stage of grief." I like that description. I still can't understand how the guy thinks Trump's policies are agreeable, setting aside everything else, but yeah, I think it's gonna be a long process for Trump supporters to distance themselves from the guy and admit regret and defeat. It's like getting out of a cult. It takes a while to deprogram.

Idk what it will take! Today I look at all the comments on different news articles relating to this scandal and I see tons of stupid people still defending trump! Utterly disgusting how anyone in their right mind could defend this creep. But alas I see tons of comments everywhere. I know they are the loud minority so I am hoping that 2020 puts an end to all this.

Keep in mind, too, that some of those comments could also be bots. Or people just stirring shit because that's just how internet comment sections roll :p.

I nevuh said dat.

I just wahnted to make gzus happy

Being a strong constitutional conservative, I am all for Trump having to answer for abuse of power and/or colluding with a foreign power. That's exactly how our Federal Republic should work.

Weird that you guys weren't saying the same thing when Obama was giving pallets of cash to Iran, speaking to a Russian official about "more flexibility after the election", and overseeing the wiretapping of a competitor's presidential campaign based on info paid for by the DNC, but I know, that's the past.

I very rarely if ever mention Trump, I discuss policy, liberty and the Constitution. May the process play out the way that it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom