US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Complaint will be made available to Congress today.

I think Trump released this cause the shit was going to come out anyway

Now he and the GOP can twist words to mean whatever they want.

Favor?? What’s a favor? Trump is fighting corruption!! BIDEN’S SON!! EMAIL SERVER IS IN UKRAINE!! How dare Pelosi continue this WITCH HUNT!!

Trump asks for favor immediately after the Ukranian President brings up US military aid. I can only imagine what's in the whistleblower report. Trump will probably try to have Barr just write one of his "summaries" of that lol

Trump said it was a great excellent phone call. It just keeps getting more bizarre by the day.

On a :hmm: emotional/metaphorical level, then intellectual level
I said to my sib on fri - sometimes all this trump stuff news gets to be like a record playing on and on almost sometimes mesmerizing and not always making a dent.

But then suddenly -and we've had this happen in the days of original vinyl records - the metaphorical turntable has been hit (not measured hip-hop scratching) and out comes this loud rRRRIIIIPPPPpppp as the needle skids across half the album :ohmy: out of big speakers, and it's like omfg is this (latest news) really happening!!?!!!?! - this latest and esp even worse trump "conduct"!

It may be best to concentrate on this Ukrainian event - and it's got a hell of a lot in it- as posted earlier - because it's relatively simple.

Last edited:
As Careful as they are to not say any specifics about the Whistle Blower complaint, Saying it contains more incidents, witnesses to talk to, documents to ask for.

This is going to get interesting...

Yea this is what they were willing to release instead of the whistleblower complaint, which is said to reference multiple issues and not just this phone call.

And it appears that the IG and DNI referred a criminal complaint about the president to Barr's DOJ after the whistleblower complaint, and they decline to persue it.

Barr today is back peddling because he knows this looks reeeeeally bad.

Woah! I missed that! It's like political shrapnel flying past. Blowhard Barr, hope he goes down, too.

The Independent at bottom of article mentioned Ghouliani's Meltdown at a guest on Fox News! Yelling at him to"shut uo! " "Liar!"

Whistle Blower complaint will be made available tomorrow to committees.

Oh Lordy!
As Craig Ferguson used to say "I know!!!
:eek: :yes:

*Rubs hands* If that's the case, then hooooh, boy. :corn:

I can easily see this scenario mentioned in one of the replies to that tweet eventually playing out:

Though, of course, my hope would be that Pence would leave with Trump and Trump doesn't get pardoned.

That memo is truly something. They're just stroking each other's backs like crazy here. Two bits that particular amused me-this response from Zelenskyy:

Jesus Christ, he wasn't kidding when he talked about using Trump's playbook at the start of that call.

and this line from Trump:

LOL.

(Seriously, if Trump's going down, does this mean Giuliani and Barr can go with him? 'Cause they're sure getting mentioned an awful lot here, and then of course we all saw the WTF-ery that was Giuliani's interview last week, so...)

But yeah. Wow. That's just...truly something, that transcript. And Trump goes right on ahead and has this conversation the very day after everything with Mueller. Because he's a complete and total dumbass. God willing this is going to be the final nail in his coffin.

:corn:

Omg, didn't realize he did that right after Mueller!!!

Last edited:
As Careful as they are to not say any specifics about the Whistle Blower complaint, Saying it contains more incidents, witnesses to talk to, documents to ask for.

This is going to get interesting...

Huffpo reported that McGuire threatened to resign if he couldn't testify completely tomorrow.

And-
DAVEC.

thanks for the memo transcript

going to yt the ghouliani meltdiwn...

Last edited:
the number of house representatives who have publicly announced in favour of impeachment has just hit 218 which is the minimum number of votes needed to pass articles of impeachment if the whole house votes. :up:

Trump asks for favor immediately after the Ukranian President brings up US military aid. I can only imagine what's in the whistleblower report. Trump will probably try to have Barr just write one of his "summaries" of that lol

Trump said it was a great excellent phone call. It just keeps getting more bizarre by the day.

I guess he just figures/goes on with lying baldface.

I mean you just don't ask foreign gov'ts for that kind of "help" !!!

He just goes on - this is normal. No it's NOT! :gah:

If Pence (shudder) ends up being president for a while -

I'm not as scared as i once would have been. Concerned, yes.

I don't think the majority of Americans - secularists, seriously ecumenical religious Catholics, and their counterparts in various Protestant groups, progressive (yup, they're out there) evangelicals, in general the LGBTQI community, people of other religious, spiritual people, scientists etc will NOT put up with his Theocratic impulses!

And luckily we had/have the Handmaiden's Tale on TV do it'd be a lot harder to pull any "Gilead" style or other Christian Theocracy type if government take over.

from Splinter - first two replies about article:
In What World Was This Supposed To Prove Trump's Innocence

feistess
Rafi Schwartz
9/25/19 10:40am
He thinks he’s innocent because in his mind, he never said “investigate Biden’s son or you’re not getting aid.” This is pretty on brand with Trump; he’s never explicit in what he says, but the people around him know exactly what he means. Then they get to go and do the dirty work for him. So if Guiliani or Barr end up being charged before him, you can bet your ass he’ll pull a Mariah and say he never knew them, and moreover, he actually thought they were stupid.

Reply31 replies

The Ron Swanson of Westeros
feistess
9/25/19 10:53am
It’s part and parcel of Trump’s standard strategy.

The action itself isn’t smart, but then again, goons rarely are. I was taught corruption law by a guy who used to prosecute mob cases when the mob went into drug trafficking in the 80's, and one of the few things that stuck with me (I really shouldn’t have taken a class that went to 9 p.m.; I was just burnt out and couldn’t catch anything) was his description of listening to the wiretaps in preparation for trial, and realizing “these guys are idiots.” They’d be talking about needing to send 20 “shirts” up to an area for distribution, as if nobody realized that if you’re then talking about how you need to cut a “shirt” for sale, everyone would kind of know what you meant. The inference really wasn’t disrupted by using the word “shirt”.

Rather, the one thing Trump is good at is exploiting normal human psychology. And normal humans expect the bad guys to realize that they’re doing something bad, and act accordingly. They expect bad guys to run from a crime scene. So Trump just saunters away from his, counting on the confusion caused by the saunter to convince normal humans that hey, if he’s not acting like he did anything wrong, maybe he didn’t? It’s like something out of a Chuck Jones cartoon, but it apparently works.

Could it actually be that this fucker gets impeached for a quid pro quo with Ukraine to provide oppo research about a candidate that he doesn't even end up running against? Could there be anything more fabulous or more Trumpian?

Heh.

Someone saying that with him getting away without consequences (protected by)- first because of his wealth, then his celebrity, then the powers of the Presidency; ever increasing his sense of invincibility - finally meets the perfect storm, with his arrogance (pointed out earlier) the very next day after the Mueller stuff, calling the Ukrainian President.
Heh!

Last edited:
I never thought I would say this but it’s actually starting to look like the beginning of the end for trump and his cronies. I will love to see alll the meltdowns that are sure to come from trump, Barr, Giuliani etc. I really need to get my popcorn!

Dare I hope that we could actually lose both of them? Damnit, I want to dream!

(If that were to miraculously happen, depending on when it did, that would seriously be the best birthday present I could get.)

The odds of either being removed by the Senate is slim to none.

The one and only chance I see of Trump actually being removed by the GOP is if Trump publicly throws McConnell under the bus. That would be our 1 in 14,000,605 chance.

The odds of either being removed by the Senate is slim to none.

The one and only chance I see of Trump actually being removed by the GOP is if Trump publicly throws McConnell under the bus. That would be our 1 in 14,000,605 chance.

Ofcourse the GOP will not remove him. It would literally take trump to personally murder someone (and still then many GOP May defend him) but I think this may be the tipping point in which the public had enough and it will hopefully be very hard for him to win a second term. But then again we all thought it would be impossible for trump to win his first term and he won (even though he won with 3 million less votes and with a little help of his Russian friends). But I don’t see trump being able to dig himself out of this one.

Zelensky's grovelling in the transcript came off as pretty cringeworthy, as an aside.

Zelensky's grovelling in the transcript came off as pretty cringeworthy, as an aside.

It was really embarrassing which is why he looked constipated in their televised press conference yesterday.

It was really embarrassing which is why he looked constipated in their televised press conference yesterday.

I don't think you could've seen a more blatant expression of regret and embarrassment in being in the same room as Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom