US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...Nunes seriously put out there the idea that Democrats...are working with supposed Ukrainians...to try to get nude photos...of Trump?

That is a truly mind-blowing level of stupid, right there.
Somehow my response got mixed up into your quote. :huh:

Let me be plain:
Eeeeeeeeeewwww photos

*Reads the Politico quote Headache posted about support for impeachment slowly rising*

Eeeeeeeeeeexcellent...*Rubs hands*

Mwahhahaaaaa :evil:

I don’t think that this is necessarily bad. You don’t want to drag this out over a whole year and have the public lose sight of what is important.

Yeah, i tend to agree. As much as i'd like see some of other stuff brought back up this is about the worst of this type of egregious behaviour. Easy to parse tec

It seems highly unlikely - but it appeared highly unlikely that Nixon would be removed until the hearings began and the tide began to turn.

Every network, not just 24 hour news, covered today's hearing. Support for impeachment is already up in the mid 40s. If the polling gets to a point where it looks like 2020 is a complete lost cause, you'll see Republicans start to jump ship like it hit a giant orange iceberg.

From Poltitco
True, this. (was around for it)

Watch "All The Presidents Men" Really good movie, and since alot of you weren't around yet, and maybe way too young.

absolutely.

because we're dumb, we can't keep track of things.

if everything that came from Mueller... all the indictments, everything... was dumped on one day, Trump would have been cooked. That it all trickled out over 2 years is what ultimately saved him.
Interesting. :up:

A narrow scope impeachment does not preclude the southern district of New York from completing their work.

Heh, heh, heh. :corn:

It’s all gonna come out.

Also, Russia has nudes of Trump. That’s why Nunes is projecting it onto the Dems

So today the NY POST (trump toadies) totally ignored the whole thing!

Thot thry'd have a pic of Nunez w quote defending drumph (not the photos quote)

Instead they highlighted "The Masked Singer" ( a very fun, interesting show actually)

:lol: cowards!

Last edited:
It's starting, and it's coming fast.

WaPo reporting that conversations from... wait for it. Putin and MDS were also put on the server. You know, the one that holds the nations most secret and sensitive information that is not even on WH premises.

Now discussion referenced in post above about Trump talking with Russians about campaign meddling. Also, locked away. Also top secret intelligence source in the middle east working against ISIS.

I would think we will be seeing near daily revelations now of other things that were put on the server or maybe even destroyed.

mentioned in posts above as well, is the very large and fast shift in public support for impeachment. of the three polls i know of, the average is 47 for and 44 against. That is pretty surprising, especially since we are just days in.
Support for it with Nixon started at 19%, was at about 46 when he released an "edited" tape. And didn't reach the mid 50's until he left office. And that was during a less poloraized time in our history.
Support for Clinton impeachment never really cracked 50%
If there is a wave of new revelations, along with hearings where people like Pompeo and Guliani try and save themselves, and people within the white house start turning on eachother, and some very few within the administration with some shred of dignity and morality will feel that they can come out now with their own information.
I can see this number climbing significantly.
I think this is in part because people are really just so exhausted from this guy. From week one. It has been non-stop. And when they see it layed out clearly. A lot of moderates, and i think older school minded Repubs, just say, i can't even defend this.

It’s all gonna come out.

Also, Russia has nudes of Trump. That’s why Nunes is projecting it onto the Dems

Ohhhhhh, okay. I was wondering where the hell he was pulling that nonsense from (I mean, aside from his ass, that is).

Whatever things of that sort they may have on him, I'm perfectly okay with them happily keeping that to themselves.

Support for it with Nixon started at 19%, was at about 46 when he released an "edited" tape. And didn't reach the mid 50's until he left office. And that was during a less poloraized time in our history.
Support for Clinton impeachment never really cracked 50%

Hm. That's interesting.

I think this is in part because people are really just so exhausted from this guy. From week one. It has been non-stop. And when they see it layed out clearly. A lot of moderates, and i think older school minded Repubs, just say, i can't even defend this.

Exactly.

And I am shocked, shocked, I tell you, that the NRA is caught up in all of this as well.

Last edited:
That would be like one final insult and fuck you to all of us - having to see orange dick.

That would be like one final insult and fuck you to all of us - having to see orange dick.

Like I've said before, that's one of the (many) reasons to hate that Trump is president. All his sex scandals are part of the regular news cycle instead of just being relegated to tabloids I could ignore, and there are images I'll never be able to erase from my mind now. Thanks, Trump supporters :|.

So today the NY POST (trump toadies) totally ignored the whole thing!

Thot thry'd have a pic of Nunez w quote defending drumph (not the photos quote)

Instead they highlighted "The Masked Singer" ( a very fun, interesting show actually)

:lol: cowards!
ah, well eating crow's drumstick. A friend pointed out bc i hadn't looked at all the text, or the image's detailed. It was actually a clever take on the CIA whistle blower. :der:

:applaud: :applaud:

Big news this weekend

State Department is going after Clinton emails!!! (Well her aides)

This injustice will hurt no one no more

The amount of secrets or sensitive info other countries have gotten from Trump admin has to be staggering.

Unsecured phones, Personal Email, WhatsApp

It wouldn’t shock me that our national security takes hits for decades

After everything else sad to say that would be the least offensive. But still, shudder and no thanks.

Hillary was just on CBS and said that Trump is still obsessed with her because he has a guilty conscience about the corrupt ways in which he defeated her. Maybe some shrink told her that, but I don't believe he has any conscience at all. Pathological narcissists don't.

She also doesn't think he'll win next year because certain things that went on in 16 won't go on in 20. Um..

I do love how she calls him a corrupt human tornado.

Trainwreck Graham on FTN now. He says it's all a sham. Who is this whistleblower, what political biases do they have? This complaint smells!

He should be disbarred for insisting that the whistleblower be identified. That is something that a first year law student wouldn’t even do.

He should be disbarred for insisting that the whistleblower be identified. That is something that a first year law student wouldn’t even do.

I just find it funny that Graham says it’s nothing be heresy even though the whithouse admitted to the call and there are transcripts and everything the whistleblower has said so far has been true. But yet he had no problem impeaching Clinton on the word of Linda Tripp who Wasn’t even an actual witness! One has to wonder what juicy details trump has on graham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom