US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

I’m finding this debate to be fairly riveting and generally substantive — it’s nice to know that there is still room for serious ideas and serious policy discussion in the US, and that there is only one serious political party.

I’m finding the distinctions drawn between Sanders/Warren and the moderates to be helpful, and I think Beto should get off the stage because I don’t think he knows what he’s doing there either. I don’t enjoy marijuana anymore, but I think I would if I had Williamson’s hookup. And Mayor Pete seems to be slipping through the cracks.

I’m fine with this so far. It’s giving me food for thought. And maybe a bit of hope.

I’m finding the distinctions drawn between Sanders/Warren and the moderates to be helpful

Agreed.

I think Warren especially has been the standout tonight. I also liked Sanders pointing out he wrote the bill the others were criticizing him on. They aren't playing around tonight.

I don’t enjoy marijuana anymore, but I think I would if I had Williamson’s hookup.

LOL, seriously, I am getting a real kick out of her new age style of speaking. Calling Trump/his administration a "dark psychic force" was something (though, to be fair, she's not exactly wrong with that description).

T

Fuck this guy. Fuck him a thousand fucking times, and fuck every single person who supports him (including those who wink wink heyyyy I don't support him just trying to be fair and balanced against all you libs wink wink).

THIS.

I was ready earlier to go to a my different site with a political rant thread with my version of i've had it up to here - @#%#$&%@%&@#% type thing...

...bur yours serves this purpose very well (so i won't go there, tonight anyway). Q:up:

Marianne is way more lucid tonight.

CNN is terrible. Why is Delaney getting so much speaking time when he’s polling at 1% on a good day?

Bernie came ready for a fight today. Interestingly the moderates are mostly going after him and leaving Warren alone.

I turned it off but walked away thinking Warren was the star.

And she’s a fighter. Did you know that? She’s going to fight.

Delaney and Bullock looked like they were passengers in a time machine heading to the 2008 Republican primary debate but it malfunctioned so they landed on the stage instead.

Bernie was angry old man but I think that’s probably what works for him and he was much more engaged than in the first debate.

Warren was great.

Buttigieg solid.

Everyone else please leave.

That’s a lot of vermin in one building. What human being would want to live there?

Yet another example of a non Christian misquoting the Bible, particularly the words of Jesus. Read the text, it's "Blessed are the poor in Spirit".....

Next question will be.....Jesus said to give to the poor, and yes He did. He said YOU (and me) give to the poor. Not give to the Romans (government) to give to the poor.

If we all gave more to charity out of OUR OWN time and money, we wouldn't have to involve the government.

I'm y
Agreed.

I think Warren especially has been the standout tonight. I also liked Sanders pointing out he wrote the bill the others were criticizing him on. They aren't playing around tonight.

LOL, seriously, I am getting a real kick out of her new age style of speaking. Calling Trump/his administration a "dark psychic force" was something (though, to be fair, she's not exactly wrong with that description).
Yes, his "i wrote the dam bill" was great.

"We're not going to solve the urgent problems that we face with small ideas and spinelessness."

Amen, sister.

Oh! Love it! ?????? Didn't see that as a clip so far. Loved her (approx) why are you running if all you're saying is shouldn't, couldn't! Your quote above could be the next line after.

Too much Delaney. :down:

Last edited:
Yet another example of a non Christian misquoting the Bible, particularly the words of Jesus. Read the text, it's "Blessed are the poor in Spirit".....

Next question will be.....Jesus said to give to the poor, and yes He did. He said YOU (and me) give to the poor. Not give to the Romans (government) to give to the poor.

If we all gave more to charity out of OUR OWN time and money, we wouldn't have to involve the government.

I’ll agree to this if you agree to ban all forms of religious material in federal institutions, cut “under god” out of the pledge of allegiance, scorch “in god we trust” off the record.

Heck, I’ll trade you... if we make a constitutional amendment saying marriage is not defined by the government, I expect you to jump in and have said amendment feature language saying the government isn’t allowed to recognize religion in any fashion either.

At that point I’m happy to discuss abolishing the tax system, assuming the place is already in total anarchy (your charitable donation isn’t going to fix the road the religious zealots and gays mutually destroyed together).

Its not a misquote due to the 3 periods after "poor".
A truncated quote, sure, misquote...nope.

Blessed are the bullies for one day they will have to stand up to themselves. Blessed are the liars for the truth can be awkward

i'll be sure to tell all of my sunday school teachers from my childhood that they were wrong, and apparently also not christian.

It’s the defining crisis of our time and most people don’t give a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom