Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2019, 05:33 PM   #61
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:54 AM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Unlike Hillary, Obama was actually president, and despite his mockery of candidate Romney in the video, he apparently had less knowledge regarding the nature of Russia's intentions than candidate Romney at that point in time. So yeah, it's still relevant given some of the hyperbole posted here.

It’s really not though. The invasion of Crimea changed a lot of things after 2014, and Russia didn’t actively support a willing and agreeable candidate in 2012 like they did in 2016. I know it feels like you made a point, but the only one you made is that things sometimes change in the world. You sound like the kids calling Biden a racist because he supported the 90s Crime Bill.

Glad you agree that Russia is a problem, and you won’t vote for their candidate in 2020! You must be as disappointed as I am in McConnell’s unwillingness to make a bipartisan statement in 2016 about the Russian threat to the election, as well as his refusal to do anything today. If you think these clips are zingers because of underestimating the Russian threat, I can’t imagine how upset you must be with the GOP these days.

Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It’s really not though. The invasion of Crimea changed a lot of things after 2014, and Russia didn’t actively support a willing and agreeable candidate in 2012 like they did in 2016. I know it feels like you made a point, but the only one you made is that things sometimes change in the world. You sound like the kids calling Biden a racist because he supported the 90s Crime Bill.

Glad you agree that Russia is a problem, and you won’t vote for their candidate in 2020! You must be as disappointed as I am in McConnell’s unwillingness to make a bipartisan statement in 2016 about the Russian threat to the election, as well as his refusal to do anything today. If you think these clips are zingers because of underestimating the Russian threat, I can’t imagine how upset you must be with the GOP these days.
Or perhaps Romney was just watching a gathering storm on the horizon and Obama kept trying to deflect back to Al Qaeda because those were his talking points. Anyone with any common sense knew something was up with Russia back then.

Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:33 PM   #63
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Or perhaps Romney was just watching a gathering storm on the horizon and Obama kept trying to deflect back to Al Qaeda because those were his talking points. Anyone with any common sense knew something was up with Russia back then.

You must have been aghast at Trump’s performance at Helsinki — the living embodiment of all that oracle Mitt warned us about. What have you done to help us prepare against Russian attacks in 2020?

Thankfully, Obama eradicated Al Qaeda in his second term. What a luxury not to have to worry anymore!

It’s also noted that we have an unreconstructed racist in office who has been saying horrible things to black politicians for weeks ... and yet, all you can post about is a debate line from 7 years ago. Also by a black man, I guess.

Fair enough. We all choose what’s important to us.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:48 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Of course this is the case, which makes criticism of Obama in this case sort of silly. He’s incumbent. It’s bad optics if he’s admitting Russia’s coming unhinged. That’s not entirely in the control of the US president.

But to Irvine’s point, what is the sense in deflecting/ignoring the current times with examples of the past? Calling out hypocrisy isn’t constructive. Either Obama was wrong/incapable yada yada and so is Trump, or neither were. In the case of the former, mocking Obama is not constructive and is tribal. In the case of the latter, you should be taking his side.

Personally I don’t think Trump is an “asset,” but Trump absolutely let’s the US media trigger him into being a sitting duck on the issue. Whatever the media criticizes of him, Trump insists upon doubling and tripling down. The media has criticized him for not standing up to the meddling campaign that helped his election and in turn his ego simply can’t handle that, and so he simply refutes the media’s assertion. That’s not helpful.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:53 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Just a bit of friendly advice, you might want to let go of your Hillary obsession and get on with your life
Tell ya what, when the GOP quits obsessing over her, then we'll talk.
Moonlit_Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:57 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
You must have been aghast at Trump’s performance at Helsinki — the living embodiment of all that oracle Mitt warned us about. What have you done to help us prepare against Russian attacks in 2020?
Nothing i can discuss here on a public forum

Quote:
Thankfully, Obama eradicated Al Qaeda in his second term. What a luxury not to have to worry anymore!
Although it is unfortunate that in the process he created an even larger menace in the ME.

Quote:
It’s also noted that we have an unreconstructed racist in office who has been saying horrible things to black politicians for weeks ... and yet, all you can post about is a debate line from 7 years ago. Also by a black man, I guess.
It's almost as if you are not familiar with your own recent posting history. Mueller, Mueller?

Quote:
Fair enough. We all choose what’s important to us.
It seems you choose the low road of race - baiting. Not entirely surprised but still a shame to see you return down this path.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:03 PM   #67
Blue Crack Supplier

I post on a wide variety of topics, Russia and otherwise. You? Got anything other than “I remembered something so let’s see if I can trigger a Lib today”?
Old 07-29-2019, 07:09 PM   #68
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Tell ya what, when the GOP quits obsessing over her, then we'll talk.

But her emails! Lock her up! Send her back!

It’s all the same misogyny. The kind that overlooks pussy-grabbing and several credible rape accusations, and then demands total purity from the other side.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:13 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Let’s stop throwing food across the table and just continue to give each other dirty looks respectably ok folks
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:22 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I post on a wide variety of topics, Russia and otherwise. You? Got anything other than “I remembered something so let’s see if I can trigger a Lib today”?
Sorry friend, i don't have as much time for this kind of thing as i used to. However it doesn't take a trained eye to see the race baiting in your posts.

If you care to drop the nonsense then perhaps we can move forward. Otherwise i'm not really interested.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:46 PM   #71
Blue Crack Supplier

" race-baiting? "

Maaaaaybe when Trump stops dog whistling and outright spewing sewagey comments about black and brown people whether here in The States or about other "########" countries, which encourage violent bigots as well as helping to hold up institutional racism...

... and genuine first-class citizenship is finally granted to black, and brown people (and other POC) , oh, yes, plus women, the lgbtqi community etc...

... some if us will no longer feel the need to remind people of the subtle to egregious things that happen now and in the past.
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:59 PM   #72
Blue Crack Supplier

One of the latest stupid things el trumpo is directing is for the discontinuation of counting bee populations - which, oh, only pollinate 1/3 of our crops. Way-to-go Mr Science.

-----------------------------
During the 9-11 Responders signing ceremony today, he was all solemn and "caring" but couldn't he have used that big fat mouth of his to get the repuglicans to have supported that bill sooner!?
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:10 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
One of the latest stupid things el trumpo is directing is for the discontinuation of counting bee populations - which, oh, only pollinate 1/3 of our crops. Way-to-go Mr Science.

-----------------------------
During the 9-11 Responders signing ceremony today, he was all solemn and "caring" but couldn't he have used that big fat mouth of his to get the repuglicans to have supported that bill sooner!?
I swear this guy just wants to destroy the environment just to troll people. He can’t be this effing stupid!!! Oh never mind he did say the windmills cause cancer hahaha
dabiggestu2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:13 PM   #74
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
That's kinda all the GOP has left, to be fair
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #75
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
That's kinda all the GOP has left, to be fair

Which was the whole point of stepping in to make a comment about Obama that has nothing to do with anything. “Oh yeah? But one time Obama ...”

But it’s not about race of course. And it wasn’t about women in 2016 (just *that* woman).

Right.