US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-28-2019, 06:32 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,894
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Russia still isn’t our greatest threat by a long shot. They’re just the most active one.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:15 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,585
Local Time: 02:54 AM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
And then Drumpf tells Vladimir he'll have more "flexibility" after the election



What does this even mean? But one time Obama said something to a Russian?

Shouldn’t you be worrying about Hillary’s emails and telling women to smile more often?
__________________

Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:17 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,585
Local Time: 02:54 AM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post








But never mind, Mrs. Garrison, never mind. Who cares what was said then?



Or Mr. Mueller's confident testimony last week in Congress, even.



Who cares?



You know, a lot of things changed in 2014. Try to think of something that happened that year that may have changed the Russia calculus.

Mr Mueller’s most confident testimony came when speaking about the clear, direct threat the Russians pose to the 2020 election, and which party and person will be the direct beneficiaries.

Other than Trump, there’s one man who has city rubies to refuse to do anything to stop a foreign adversary from attacking our elections, and they would be the Senator from Kentucky. He backed away from defending the country in 2016 and he’s done so again.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:19 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,397
Local Time: 06:54 AM
Must be something with the water in Kentucky cause Rand Paul seems to be under the influence like Moscow Mitch
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:30 AM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,585
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Google “Deripaska” and “aluminum plant.”
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:27 PM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,441
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Russia still isn’t our greatest threat by a long shot. They’re just the most active one.
Are we simply talking nation states?

If so, Russia ranks 2nd. 1st would be our own stupid ass selves.

Romney was correct with this statement. Russia was then the greatest foreign threat to our democracy, and still is.

This doesn't change that Trump is a Russian patsy and we have a whole bunch of fucking morons who still support him because of their own secret and/or subconscious dislike for brown people. ALAS... mittens (who most anyone left in the GOP never liked to begin with) was right.

If we remove the nation state requirement, I think the list goes something like this...

1. Climate change
2. Automation
3. Income inequality

4. Our own fucking stupidity (this is an all encompassing category that includes, but is not limited to, guns, white nationalism taking over an entire political party, political absolutism on both sides, Citizens United, etc. etc.)
5. Russia
6. Bears
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,397
Local Time: 06:54 AM
Can probably throw Ebola into this list. I don’t think it gets nearly the attention it deserves.

And it’s certainly getting no attention from our government
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:46 PM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,441
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Quote:
“Now I am going to sign this bill into law, and I don’t know if this stage will hold it, but if it doesn’t, we are not falling very far,” Trump declared, motioning down towards the structure.

He continued: “I would like to ask the families, and I would also like to ask the First Responders to stand up. And we’ll give this stage a shot. Let’s see how well built—Made in America, let’s see how well-built it is. Okay?”
Here's our great patriotic leader making a joke about a structure collapsing at... checks notes... a fucking bill signing for 9/11 First Responders.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:51 PM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,441
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Can probably throw Ebola into this list. I don’t think it gets nearly the attention it deserves.

And it’s certainly getting no attention from our government
Ehhhhh if we're only speaking of current threats to the US, unless it were to become airborne, Ebola is fairly low on the list.

Fucking morons who don't vaccinate their children? That can be added to the "cause we're idiots" category of threats.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 28,904
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
6. Bears
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:00 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,299
Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post




But never mind, Mrs. Garrison, never mind. Who cares what was said then?

Or Mr. Mueller's confident testimony last week in Congress, even.

Who cares?
Those comments certainly haven't aged very well have they?
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:01 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,299
Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
What does this even mean? But one time Obama said something to a Russian?

Shouldn’t you be worrying about Hillary’s emails and telling women to smile more often?
Just a bit of friendly advice, you might want to let go of your Hillary obsession and get on with your life
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,585
Local Time: 02:54 AM
US Politics XV: Time to Mull Mueller Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Just a bit of friendly advice, you might want to let go of your Hillary obsession and get on with your life



But Obama quotes from pre-2012 that have nothing to do with anything are totally fine to bring up.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,299
Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
But Obama quotes from pre-2012 that have nothing to do with anything are totally fine to bring up.
Unlike Hillary, Obama was actually president, and despite his mockery of candidate Romney in the video, he apparently had less knowledge regarding the nature of Russia's intentions than candidate Romney at that point in time. So yeah, it's still relevant given some of the hyperbole posted here.
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 14,894
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Are we simply talking nation states?

If so, Russia ranks 2nd. 1st would be our own stupid ass selves.

Romney was correct with this statement. Russia was then the greatest foreign threat to our democracy, and still is.

This doesn't change that Trump is a Russian patsy and we have a whole bunch of fucking morons who still support him because of their own secret and/or subconscious dislike for brown people. ALAS... mittens (who most anyone left in the GOP never liked to begin with) was right.

If we remove the nation state requirement, I think the list goes something like this...

1. Climate change
2. Automation
3. Income inequality

4. Our own fucking stupidity (this is an all encompassing category that includes, but is not limited to, guns, white nationalism taking over an entire political party, political absolutism on both sides, Citizens United, etc. etc.)
5. Russia
6. Bears


Or if we start adding requirements... militarily... socially... culturally... economically... Russia isn’t first. Russia is just actively attacking in a very loud and pronounced way.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com