US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking Buttgieg has more of a shot than people think. Outside the beltway to take on the outsider President. Part of the left craves their own version of Trump. Biden is a pseudo incumbent.

PSA

5yabmo48tfv21.jpg

Last edited:
I’m thinking Buttgieg has more of a shot than people think. Outside the beltway to take on the outsider President. Part of the left craves their own version of Trump. Biden is a pseudo incumbent.

Buttigieg is not the left Trump. Nor is Sanders. People need to stop saying these things. These are people who have devoted their life to politics and public service. Even Republican politicians do that. Donald Trump isn’t equatable to any of these candidates. Maybe if the Starbucks dude ran... but there you have it. He was booed off the stage.

Buttigieg is not the left Trump.

Maybe it’s a compliment to the Left that “their own version of Trump” is someone who is a decent, articulate, empathetic human being who actually does want to help people and is capable of nuanced, intelligent discussion on difficult topics.

Ok I'll bite, guy who's totally not a trump supporter but just hangs out with them. Why is Buttigeg, a mayor of a city with a population over 100k, the "left's Trump"?

I'll wait...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I think that Pete does have a decent shot at the nomination. But he would be in trouble in the General election for sure. I think his support with women and minorities is near or worse than Sanders.

Also, I see Bernie is at his old games again. After he was the first one to sign the "Indivisible Pledge" to make the primary season "productive and positive". The minute he drops double digits in the polls, he starts with the same old attacks against Biden that he put on Hillary. I would vote for Bernie if I had to, but damn its hard to reconcile the fact that he is as responsible as Russian operatives and Comey for putting Trump in office.

I don't want to say I told you so, but I have expressed over and over that the bulk of the Dem party want a candidate that can win, can take on Trump directly, and can bring steadiness and normalcy back to the country.
All the media was sure that Biden was going to drop in the polls as soon as he was an actual candidate, and he went up double digits.

I do not like Bernie Sanders.

That said, I have zero issue with Sanders attacking perceived weak points of a Democratic candidate now. That's kinda what he should be doing.

If it continues after he's lost the primary, or if he doesn't throw his support behind the winner (if it isn't him) and attempts to divide the vote? Then he can go jump off a cliff.

But being upset about it now is silly. It's what he's supposed to be doing now.

t damn its hard to reconcile the fact that he is as responsible as Russian operatives and Comey for putting Trump in office.

Nooooope.

He's not my first choice but come on.

Why do we continue to absolve nearly 50% of the voters who showed up and voted for Trump? They are primarily responsible. Everybody else is just a contributing factor.

Bernie being “weak with minorities” is rich. Unless you’re referring to his polling numbers with them, there’s really not a good reason to saytthat.

I do not like Bernie Sanders.

That said, I have zero issue with Sanders attacking perceived weak points of a Democratic candidate now. That's kinda what he should be doing.

If it continues after he's lost the primary, or if he doesn't throw his support behind the winner (if it isn't him) and attempts to divide the vote? Then he can go jump off a cliff.

But being upset about it now is silly. It's what he's supposed to be doing now.

I suppose that's true. I know they have to debate and show differences between each other. I think what bothers me about it, it again, is going back to criticize 25 year old votes, and even criticize choices and votes that are similar to choices and votes that Sanders made. Smacks of the same ridiculous attacks that he put on Clinton for the Crime Bill, even though HE voted for it.
So yes. I get that its gonna get a bit messy for a while, and it needs to in a way, in order for the winning candidate to address weaknesses and be stronger in the end. I just have a knee-jerk reaction to hearing Sanders list off other candidates past missteps when he has a full roster of his own.

Mayor Pete shat the bed with his vaccine persona/religious exemption stance so he's had to walk that back this morning to only medical exemptions. I have a zero tolerance policy on this issue.

Nooooope.

He's not my first choice but come on.

Why do we continue to absolve nearly 50% of the voters who showed up and voted for Trump? They are primarily responsible. Everybody else is just a contributing factor.

That's what I'm saying. He was a contributing factor to Clinton's loss instead of being a contributing factor to her win.
Clinton won the popular vote, she lost the electoral vote of 3 states by 76,000 votes total. So it did not take much to tip the balance.

The timing of the Comey letter/announcement was a huge hit.
The ongoing russian meddling obviously swayed the public opinion for months on demonizing Clinton and lifting Trump.
Lets not forget that it was found that much of the Russian targeting was of Bernie Sanders supporters, in order to sow as much discord between the two Dem candidates as possible.
Sanders should have dropped out of the primary earlier. Plain and simple. He did not have a path and instead of doing what was best for the party (that he doesn't actually belong to) he got angry, and he whipped up his supporters more, all the way to the convention.
Hell, it took a comedian, Sarah Silverman, to address the Sanders supporters and tell them not to be idiots and to get behind the candidate. Something Sanders never did in any believable way.
So yes, his actions at the at time absolutely had a negative effect on Clinton.

I see the same thing shaping up now. If he is in the top 3 during the primary, he will go all the way again, because no doubt, it will have been "rigged" by the establishment, blah, blah, blah.

Mayor Pete shat the bed with his vaccine persona/religious exemption stance so he's had to walk that back this morning to only medical exemptions. I have a zero tolerance policy on this issue.

I didn't see that! Pete has may have just lost me. ugh.

I tuned in for a second but it appears this is another hearing about Hillary Clinton's emails?

A hearing about how Barr lied that report says there was "NO COLLUSION" and Li'l Lindsay comes out and says the same thing. :|

I'm actually looking very forward to Klobuchar and Harris. Klobuchar asked him specific questions during his confirmation that he said would be considered obstruction. The report shows Trump did those things. So this will be fun.

Exactly

Our government is nothing more than YouTube comment section

That's what I'm saying. He was a contributing factor to Clinton's loss instead of being a contributing factor to her win.
Clinton won the popular vote, she lost the electoral vote of 3 states by 76,000 votes total. So it did not take much to tip the balance.

The timing of the Comey letter/announcement was a huge hit.
The ongoing russian meddling obviously swayed the public opinion for months on demonizing Clinton and lifting Trump.
Lets not forget that it was found that much of the Russian targeting was of Bernie Sanders supporters, in order to sow as much discord between the two Dem candidates as possible.
Sanders should have dropped out of the primary earlier. Plain and simple. He did not have a path and instead of doing what was best for the party (that he doesn't actually belong to) he got angry, and he whipped up his supporters more, all the way to the convention.
Hell, it took a comedian, Sarah Silverman, to address the Sanders supporters and tell them not to be idiots and to get behind the candidate. Something Sanders never did in any believable way.
So yes, his actions at the at time absolutely had a negative effect on Clinton.

I see the same thing shaping up now. If he is in the top 3 during the primary, he will go all the way again, because no doubt, it will have been "rigged" by the establishment, blah, blah, blah.

saving this post for when trump beats biden and the polls show yet again that sanders would have won. :up:

and the polls were right - she did win by a landslide in the popular vote.

i don't think i need to remind anyone about how exactly donald ended up winning.

and the polls were right - she did win by a landslide in the popular vote.

i don't think i need to remind anyone about how exactly donald ended up winning.
You don't.

I'm just saying that using polls to proclaim that Sanders would have won is not exactly a fair exercise whatsoever, specifically in relation to 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom