US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3zHnSq6.gif

That might be the worst statement he’s ever made.

Get ready for MAGA’s to start staking out PP or just shooting random pregnant women so they can’t make that choice.

Get ready for MAGA’s to start staking out PP or just shooting random pregnant women so they can’t make that choice.

He’s shaming and labeling the Dems because Northam is still the governor of Virginia. You may not like him. Doesn’t mean he’s not diabolically clever

He’s shaming and labeling the Dems because Northam is still the governor of Virginia. You may not like him. Doesn’t mean he’s not diabolically clever

Shaming the dems? Right. Because the proper course of action when trying to drum up support is to spew complete and utter nonsense.

His conduct is the only thing shameful here.

Shaming the dems? Right. Because the proper course of action when trying to drum up support is to spew complete and utter nonsense.

His conduct is the only thing shameful here.

Northam was certainly inarticulate in the radio interview in which he probably was talking about a non viable birth. A baby that wouldn’t survive outside the womb. The right is now running against “infanticide”. One public statement can give the other side the fodder they need. The democrats have self inflicted wounds headed towards 2020. The Green New Deal almost sounds like a parody . Getting rid of airplanes and cattle? Easy to attack.

It reminds me of that portion of Bruno where he’s trying to make a tv show and he asks that reality tv star whether or not Jamie Lynn Spears should keep the baby or abort it based upon the mammogram lol

Starting at 39:46 is the moment when Northam has the exchange about abortion. Judge for yourself. As far as I’m concerned he is explaining a rare situation but doesn’t have the self awareness to hold back on such particulars due to the potential blowback

https://youtu.be/E6WD_3H0wKU

I'll say two things. As a couple that had to make that decision, to deliver a baby and know that he will likely die within hours or days, and if not, have a "life" that ranges from severe neurological and physical malfunctions, to a complete vegetative state - I can firmly say to Trump and his cult members that they can fuck themselves with broken bottles.
And two, if he thinks that he will gain votes using this, then i think he will see that he will lose far more women's votes than gain them. This sort of nonsense is just playing to voters who would never vote Dem anyway. Moderate and independent women will be lost, and more liberal women will be energized to get to the polls.

Because that’s where Trump is drawing his source material on his executing babies tweet. Trump took a rare case (articulated poorly by Northam on radio), then put it on steroids.

So by proxy Ralph Northam is a big deal on the national stage?

Boy, the republicans are in trouble if this standard holds true.

President Trump is in a dead heat with four Democratic presidential candidates in GOP-leaning Texas, according to a new Emerson College poll.

The poll, released Monday, shows Trump in close races in hypothetical general election matchups in Texas with former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas), former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

Biden has the best results against Trump, garnering the support of 50 percent of voters compared to Trump's 49 percent, the poll shows. O'Rourke's results are similar, with him and Trump each getting the support of 50 percent of voters in a hypothetical matchup.

Meanwhile, the poll shows Sanders losing by 2 percent and Warren trailing by 6 percent. Both of those differences are within the poll's margin of error.

Texas has long been in the eye of Democrats longing to make the state competitive. Winning the Lone Star State would greatly ease the chances of a Democrat winning the Electoral College, but no Democratic presidential candidate has won the state since Jimmy Carter in 1976.

"... in texas"

He already went after unions today. Biden responded back immediately

They are still banking on election interference on being the X factor

Because that’s where Trump is drawing his source material on his executing babies tweet. Trump took a rare case (articulated poorly by Northam on radio), then put it on steroids.
The only "kernel of truth" Trump is drawing on is the fact that some children are born with severe, life-threatening medical issues, and as such, there are healthcare costs and professionals associated with dealing with such things. Trump is putting a lie about that fact on steroids because he a cruel man with middle-stage dementia who knows that the people in the crowd cheer very loud when he mentions murdering babies, and he heard something about that on television the other day.

I'll say two things. As a couple that had to make that decision, to deliver a baby and know that he will likely die within hours or days, and if not, have a "life" that ranges from severe neurological and physical malfunctions, to a complete vegetative state - I can firmly say to Trump and his cult members that they can fuck themselves with broken bottles.

:sad:

He is a reprehensible man. Anyone who has experienced pregnancy and infant loss has had to live every day after that with exceptional strength and grace, neither qualities which he or his disgusting family members appear to have. And I've always said that his supporters are even more deplorable - but for them, he wouldn't be in a position to make us all worse off to be alive in this era.

Trump said this in my hometown last night. Complete and utter lie:

View attachment 12285

:crack:
omg....like no words...

only curses for this "president".

Hopefully, probably not.
I once was working for a heath clinic for a little while in a small building. But a floor or so down from us was a women's clinic that also did abortions. I had to pass the anti-choice people behind set up barricades everyday.
Blargh! :|

And two, if he thinks that he will gain votes using this, then i think he will see that he will lose far more women's votes than gain them. This sort of nonsense is just playing to voters who would never vote Dem anyway. Moderate and independent women will be lost, and more liberal women will be energized to get to the polls.

Oh, dear. :( So sorry to hear this.

(my preemie sister died a few hours after we were born. our patents' first. I didn't know till i was about 12. I never did ask her even years later what that must have been like. We had a very good relationship)

I hope that statement gets "heralded" far and wide. You are probably right about how most women will react on hearing this even more horrific lie than usual from him. So i hope as many as possible will!
(pro-choice marches are very empowering - been to 3. Can't believe we have to have more)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom