US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To follow up on that as i have mentioned before, studies show that more conservatives give more to charity than liberals by a fairly wide margin. So let's all step up and give and serve out of our OWN resources, not just try to spend someone else's money. That's not compassion, that's virtue signaling
Studies do say that this is true.

They also say ehhhhh that's not necessarily the whole story, since there's no actual accounting as to where this money is going.

Maybe the money is going to a homeless shelter or food pantry... or maybe it's going to build a new ballsport building at the local Catholic indoctrination cen... err... High School.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2018...han-democrats-but-theres-a-bigger-story-here/

Actual spending on social services is about even in red vs blue, despite the fact that, yes, red states give more.

There's also this whole hypocrisy of giving to the poor who are suffering due to policies that you support. It's very let them eat cake.

Last edited:
We shouldn’t fund the government to help people. Only to build cages in which to house Mexican toddlers.

And the red states sucking on the government teat sure support your notion of the good Christians down there taking care of each other.

he didn't listen to a word you guys said the first three times this exact conversation was had, so i don't know why anybody still bothers with this troll.

To follow up on that as i have mentioned before, studies show that more conservatives give more to charity than liberals by a fairly wide margin. So let's all step up and give and serve out of our OWN resources, not just try to spend someone else's money. That's not compassion, that's virtue signaling

Yes, you posted this lie before, but like EVERYTHING you’ve posted before, you do not possess the abilities or information to engage in this conversation.

he didn't listen to a word you guys said the first three times this exact conversation was had, so i don't know why anybody still bothers with this troll.

If headache and I don’t have these opportunities to fight Nazis together, our father-son relationship is challenged.

You are trying to angle this in a sense of catching people at unfair criticisms of Orange Don.

That’s my job.

People don’t think I support him when I do it.

I wonder why they think you do [emoji848]

If any of the democratic candidates go after him on cages they will look like idiots. And the separation occurs because we don’t necessarily know if they are really their parents or human traffickers posing as their parents.

When you put it that way, this administration are actually hero’s!! It’s us liberals who are the monsters!!

Wouldn’t it make sense to keep track of the “families” if it’s really in their best interest to find out if they are related or just traffickers ?

Appealing to the deplorables on the basis of morality is a massive waste of time.

"right a few wrongs....etc... no consolation...."

i think that's a rather arrogant attitude, dude.
That a whole bunch of people might get some better heath, or health care at all, that the torn Social Safety Net can at least start to be rewoven, the Voting Rights Act might be properly restored, the Federal Gov will put it's weight behind Climate Change again (thumbs up for the cities, and those States that are taking steps), that women might have better Choice options again?!?. (not even the whole list of what could happen when turning the ship of state around)

Oh, piffle, right "just" "a few" wrongs.
Those wrongs that stand as is right now mean life or death for some people. If not that extreme for others, seriously better conditions for them.

IF this means nothing to you then i do question your empathy, compassion.
What are you talking about? Biden literally does not have a healthcare plan, he just said the other day that he doesn't have time to roll one out. So not only does he not have a plan, he's being condescending about even being asked to have one.

I don't recall him talking about voting rights, and where is he on climate change?

This seems like one of those things where you're just assuming things will be better because he's Democrat. Which is my point. He is being let off the hook by people who won't hold him accountable to actually take a stand on anything.

And the separation occurs because we don’t necessarily know if they are really their parents or human traffickers posing as their parents.

Bullshit. If that was indeed the case then they’d have a plan to track people, verify whether or not they’re related, and reunite them once that is confirmed. The Trump administration has openly admitted they lack the capacity, planning foresight or interest to do this.

Child separation functions as a deterrent against brown people immigrating or seeking asylum in this country. “Come here and we’ll take your kids away, and you may never see them again.”

Anyway, I'm not sure why it took me so long to compare IP addresses and locations against past banned members, but I finally got around to it. Hope he has fun hanging with his friends who are Trump fans even though he totally isn't a Trump fan, guys.

Lol that’s the first time I’ve seen the GOP Jesus video. Absolutely hilarious!

I think he would challenge in court, which he’s been stacking in his favor.

Also all the important government/administrative positions are all full of his yes men and family

What are you talking about? Biden literally does not have a healthcare plan, he just said the other day that he doesn't have time to roll one out. So not only does he not have a plan, he's being condescending about even being asked to have one.

I don't recall him talking about voting rights, and where is he on climate change?

This seems like one of those things where you're just assuming things will be better because he's Democrat. Which is my point. He is being let off the hook by people who won't hold him accountable to actually take a stand on anything.

Oooooops! My misperception.

I thought you were talking about the whole Democratic field of presidential candidates, not Biden specifically.
( if i'm going to expend my energy and limited wifi time i'd rather get what a person is saying as i post! :D )

Since you pointed out these potential problems (i say potential bc i haven't really listened to Biden that much yet to be able to talk about these particular issues) - will payer closer attention so i know more. And do my part to push him in a better direction when i determine the best time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom