US Politics XIII: Don Jr. The Worst Judgment of Anyone in the World.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why anyone wants Biden continues to baffle me.

It’s people who think he can reclaim the white working class in the rust belt. Polls suggests he could, but then again the white working class said fuck you to pollsters last time and that’s why some people never saw it coming.

This is my analysis

Biden is a familiar name. He does connect wonderfully with the White working class. He can also state he’ll continue on Obama type legacy (insert the usual groans)...

I’ll wait to see what his stances are on policies before i make any sort of judgement. My preference would be someone new

bette-davis-bumpy-night.gif

:ohmy:

I have a feeling that Trump will be saying, after he's seen the report, "I told you so...no collusion! witch hunt!" I hope I'm wrong.

He'd be saying that regardless.

Imagine Trump tweeting 'Uh oh! Looks like I'm going to jail. Sad.'

I just want the person most likely to get Trump out of office.

And that's a sad perspective to have on leadership. But here we are.

with all due respect, this attitude drives me nuts.

this is probably the most wide-open opportunity the left has had since 1976 and we're settling for "anybody but that orange dipshit".

Last edited:

this is probably the most wide-open opportunity the left has had since 1976 and we're settling for "anybody but that orange dipshit".
It really does echo the virulent "anyone but Hillary" sentiment in many ways.

On the other hand, I've been kicking myself every day for the last 2.5 years for not supporting Hillary more aggressively when I had the chance, a person I don't share all that much with ideologically. And I know many on the left feel the same way.

It sucks.

It is.

With the right candidate.

Put up a young, vibrant progressive. BLAH BLAH BLAH. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Put someone up who can connect with people who don't really give a shit about policies the way we might, and you'll win.

Not a cranky 70+ year old white dude.

That may be sad. It's also reality.

Last edited:
So Barr’s report on the Mueller Report clears Trump.

Trump will now praise Mueller.

Barr has just given Trump way more meat to feed his base and independents

This “report summary” now makes Trump a victim of congressional witch hunts.

I hope Mueller is called in to testify, and not in months, but as soon as this week.

No one is coming to save us. Nothing will be easy. Drop the fantasies, the entitlement, the whining, the self-involved drama. Roll up your sleeves and do the real, hard, grinding work necessary to actually win elections by convincing voters on the actual issues at hand.

This also isn’t over.

2018 is the roadmap to 2020. And it is going to be ugly as fuck. Trump will go full conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
There will be no praise for Mueller.

It’s going to be: “they’ve always been out to get me, and you.”

The rurals will outperform the models again like they did in 2016; it comes down to the suburbs.

I hope Mueller is called in to testify, and not in months, but as soon as this week.

Nothing in either report “clears” anybody. Barr did not recommend charges against the president, based upon his legal opinion of the Mueller report. A report of which we don’t know its contents.

Trump will not praise Mueller.

The Mueller investigation isn’t congressional, but if you’re saying any future congressional investigation, I suppose it gives trump some justifiable reason to ignorantly say “it was already decided on.” But that’s just convenient ignorance.

I would imagine they intend to subpoena Mueller to testify if the report is not made public.

It’s fucking disgusting! I can already hear all the trumpets yapping away about this. This guy seriously gets away with murder. But keep in mind this was AG Barr’s conclusion ( the AG appointed by non other than trump) this was not Meullers conclusion. And yes I agree it’s not over and this does not actually clear trump as much as the GOP would have you believe.

Last edited:
You do realize that it could be that Barr made a reasonable decision and that evidence wasn’t sufficient to prosecute the president directly?

That doesn’t exonerate him and doesn’t stop other investigations.

It’s really hard to know without knowing what’s in the report. We should be vigilant in demanding its transparency both to congress and the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom