US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give Trump credit that he is smart as a con man. But I also think that says far more about those he's been able to con than it can ever say about him.

I find his non street smarts/con smarts to be nonexistent. He does have a PhD in spewing crap that makes no sense and is not rooted in any intelligent thought whatsoever. Gronk resembles the remark that he has zero intelligence.
Think back before Donald Trump became president, a nominee, or even a right wing mouthpiece spewing hate filled conspiracy theories.

Go back to the beginnings of The Apprentice.

Did you think he was anything other than a brash but successful real estate developer?

He's conned well more than just "his base" to get to where he is. His status as a right wing icon is a recent development.

He's conned people into believing he was successful since the 80s - his family before that. He's a casa nostra version of Bernie Madoff.

Think back before Donald Trump became president, a nominee, or even a right wing mouthpiece spewing hate filled conspiracy theories.

Go back to the beginnings of The Apprentice.

Did you think he was anything other than a brash but successful real estate developer?

He's conned well more than just "his base" to get to where he is. His status as a right wing icon is a recent development.

He's conned people into believing he was successful since the 80s - his family before that. He's a casa nostra version of Bernie Madoff.

Oh I know all that. When I say con I mean he's been that from the very beginning. Womb, silver spoon, "small loan" from Daddy...then con job 24/7.

Narcissists spend their whole lives conning and the rest is worrying that people will figure that out. And lashing out at, bullying, and worse at those who do figure it out.

It’s all starting to unravel.

My hope is he doesn’t burn the country down or that world out of spite

He actually just said there was nothing wrong with pursuing business deals in Russia during the election, because what if he didn't win the election?

Sure, so all his work with the Russians and Saudis now is based on the same premise - what if he doesn’t win in 2020?

Didn’t the taxpayers give GM 10 billion a couple years back ?

Yeah, something like that.

It’s all starting to unravel.

My hope is he doesn’t burn the country down or that world out of spite

let us :pray: ; hope, etc!!!

https://twitter.com/fspielman/status/1068177373684817923

This firm represented Trump Inc. for 12 years.
Thx, hias!

Omg! :lol: Wait till you see the photo!

One person's tweet reply; worth sharing now :D

"Brown papered offices tied up with legal strings.
These are a few of my favorite things.
When Mueller bites. When Trump cronies sing. When he's fuming on Air Force One.
Simply remember Mueller always wins.
Then I don't feel, so sad."
@renato_mariotti

And it included very recent taxes :hmm:

Deutsche Bank HQ also raided in Germany.
Yeah, I saw that earlier on my browser. Wondered if there would be amongst everything else some orange donnie connection!? :shifty:

He actually just said there was nothing wrong with pursuing business deals in Russia during the election, because what if he didn't win the election?
Sure, so all his work with the Russians and Saudis now is based on the same premise - what if he doesn’t win in 2020?
Big :rolleyes:
gawd!!!

omg! :lmao: brilliant! Thx!

Well well well... Today's the gift that keeps on giving

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...ganization-planned-to-give-vladimir-putin-the

President Donald Trump’s company planned to give a $50 million penthouse at Trump Tower Moscow to Russian President Vladimir Putin as the company negotiated the luxury real estate development during the 2016 campaign, according to four people, one of them the originator of the plan.

Two US law enforcement officials told BuzzFeed News that Michael Cohen, Trump’s personal lawyer at the time, discussed the idea with a representative of Dmitry Peskov, Putin’s press secretary.

In utterly unimportant but still hilarious news. Conservative "journalist " Laura Loomer staged a one woman protest of Twitter today that was an absolute failure. She was banned for hate speech, so she handcuffed herself to the door of their NYC office. Twitter declined to press charges so she wasn't arrested, just humiliated by passers by and on twitter.

[TWEET]1068262720858976256[/TWEET]

Too early.

Nothing moves that fast, and if the first thing they do after taking over is go immediately into articles of impeachment it'll play into his hands.

The only way we're talking impeachment by February is if the full Mueller report is released, and/or something else that happens, and it is so egregious and/or clean cut that he's guilty that even the Republicans turn on him.

This is a man who's political career should have been over forever dozens upon dozens of times, yet here he still is. This will not be easy.

Case in point - another bill to protect the special counsel was blocked on the Senate floor today, despite today's news.

Last edited:
should they even bother to impeach him though?

or just render him as impotent as possible and then have all this ammo to campaign against him in 2020, rather than pence or some other establishment republican? obviously they can't remove him from office with a republican senate but it doesn't seem to me like the symbolic house vote is even worth the constitutional turmoil.

should they even bother to impeach him though?

or just render him as impotent as possible and then have all this ammo to campaign against him in 2020, rather than pence or some other establishment republican? obviously they can't remove him from office with a republican senate but it doesn't seem to me like the symbolic house vote is even worth the constitutional turmoil.
Depends on what the final Mueller report says, and whether or not the case is undeniable or still just a lot of obvious dots that the Republicans can just simply refuse to connect.

That it's taken this long leads me to believe that Mueller has something concrete. At that point you have to impeach and let the Republicans either jump on board or hang themselves.

In utterly unimportant but still hilarious news. Conservative "journalist " Laura Loomer staged a one woman protest of Twitter today that was an absolute failure. She was banned for hate speech, so she handcuffed herself to the door of their NYC office. Twitter declined to press charges so she wasn't arrested, just humiliated by passers by and on twitter.

[TWEET]1068262720858976256[/TWEET]

I guess she got Sharia all twisted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom