US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised nobody is saying anything about his outlandish (1) request for $5.8 billion as though that’s enough to build a wall across the border and (2) claim that border security currently costs $500 billion per year.

Like, genuinely. That $500 billion number is a rounded up figure (from $435 billion lmao) for what thee US *would lose* in GDP if a mass deportation of 11 million undocumented immigrants occurred.

What about the illegal birds flying across the boarders?? I’m going to start a go fund me page to build a dome over the USA to prevent these bad “pájaros” from illegally crossing the border! It’s a national emergency!

So does the Trump White House have something over the networks? I don't get why they give this man so much free publicity. This was a distraction, and even worse it was a fundraising speech (Headache's picture post shows that)

You have the AP putting out a piece claiming this is a both sides issue, saying it takes two to tango in regards to the border wall. Left out is that the GOP has controlled everything for the last two years. So yes, it's the Dems fault too

You have the NYT and other publications releasing stories about how unlikeable Elizabeth Warren is, the same type of pieces that were released about Hillary.

The man claims the Fake News is the enemy of the people, but maybe he's kinda right? They aren't doing their jobs which is to help keep those in power/government in check. This needs to change or we'll repeat 2016 again.

We'll hear about Biden's age. His verbal gaffes. Yet Trump won't receive the same scrutiny.

Trump walked out of the meeting when Nancy Pelosi said no to funding the border wall. She's such a meanie.

This is all beyond ridiculous. Screw the people who aren't getting paid, that's the attitude.

Trump just had a hissy fit and stormed out of the border/shut down meeting. fucking child.

Trump walked out of the meeting when Nancy Pelosi said no to funding the border wall. She's such a meanie.

This is all beyond ridiculous. Screw the people who aren't getting paid, that's the attitude.

I wonder how the right would react if Obama or Hillary had these kinds of hissy fits and kept storming out of the room when they didn't get their way.

Again, Trump supporters, hope you're all real proud of yourselves for voting for this manchild.

I wonder how the right would react if Obama or Hillary had these kinds of hissy fits and kept storming out of the room when they didn't get their way.

Again, Trump supporters, hope you're all real proud of yourselves for voting for this manchild.

I'm a huge fan of Obama and miss him dearly, and voted for Hillary and respect her a lot.
The hard part of that scenario is that while i would be disappointed to see either of them act that way, if it was for something that i truly believed in and knew was the right thing for the country then i would be disappointed but understand why they are taking a hard line.

The problem here is we all know that the border "crisis" is completely made up. The wall is something that Trumps team came up with to rile up crowds. Trump doesn't give two shits about a wall. It's completely made up bullshit to stir up the rabid hate of Trumpsters and to distract from Mueller.

And if Obama or Hillary walked out and wouldn't even sign a bill that would open the government again, while continuing negotiations, then I think they would be wrong in that. People are gonna really start to hurt soon, and that just isn't right.

Remember the FDA isn’t doing its job right now either

Tho even when it was, Trump admin has gutted it to the point it’s basically useless anyway

I can't believe he started attacking California again today. Why?

Also I love that he initially spelled forest Forrest.

F*ck the government worker.
F*ck the wildfire victims.
F*ck the facts.
They’re all Democrats anyway.

I will hold you all hostage until I get payment for the ineffective concrete wall turned to fence that I promised you wouldn’t have to pay for and the majority don’t want.

The only winner here is Steve Bannon, he always wanted to see it burn down from the inside.

irving.
Sorry your partner (?husband) is sidelined by the bastard-in-chief :(

BEAL public radio did a good job explaining national emergency powers of the President.

ML good posts!

If this goes on much longer my food stamps will be cut. :crack:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom