US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are also the other, more James Bond thoughts.

Like Manafort lying to Mueller because he can imagine a fate worse than spending the rest of his life in federal prison.

You guys are acting like the FBI/CIA are not formidable forces to be reckoned with.

Paul Manafort is a liar because he’s a shady piece of shit who is loyal to Donald Trump and thought he could help Trump out by appearing to cooperate but ultimately tell nothing making it seem like Donald was innocent.

Any ties to organized crime never came up in “cooperation” because if it were to, their cooperations would be irrelevant and they would be spending a very long time behind bars.

priorities!

8nd5ovv7ny421.png

Those aren’t bigger fish. A mob boss is not a bigger fish than the President of the United States.

Those are just more ways that Michael Cohen can spend longer behind bars, so he only told what he had to to stick to his ~4 year prison sentence.

A mob boss is not a bigger fish than the President of the United States, obviously.

Rolling over on your organized crime connections, however, is more likely to get you shanked in prison than rolling over on the President of the United States.

So by Cohen not agreeing to a full cooperation deal, he avoids having to answer questions about people who may not be more powerful, but may be more dangerous to his immediate well being.

Michael Cohen is going to rich lawyer prison where bodily harm is done in a white collar fashion, like removing the toilet paper from his private bathroom.

Anyways I still would imagine his lack of full cooperation is because additional cooperation could prove to be more incriminating. He said what he had to say to get the minimum sentence. He’s a lawyer, he knows what he’s doing.

I cannot wait to hear how the right wing pundits who have been slobbering all over Judge Sullivan react to this. Their heads may explode.

Oh, this one is easy to predict (and they are already saying it).

The judge doesn't want to "shove" a guilty plea down the throat of an innocent person.

Yes, that's right. The whole "why didn't you charge him with treason?" hasn't been addressed, however.

You never know when a bla... excuse me, a thief is going to invade your house with an Uzi. Need to be prepared.

You’d think all these guys would join the army in some manner seeing as how they’re so eager to die behind the barrel of a gun.

Trump administration did something good-officially banned bump stocks.

Watch a person challenge that it violates their 2A rights. The court case goes all the way to scotus. And gorsuch / kav say “fuck it” let’s legalize all actual automatic weapons. The AR will be the least of your problems

Senate expected to pass criminal justice reform bill tonight. Ooh, bipartisanship for a good purpose.

Makes you wonder why Obama didn’t do this in the first 18 months of his presidency when he had full control of both houses with a super-majority in the senate. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have made this a personal crusade since the Reagan administration. Did it take Kanye and Jim Brown working with Kush and Ivanka behind the scenes. We have to see how the full story shakes out. I give the Orange Man a little credit on this one.

I follow Kamala Harris on Instagram and she just posted that the Senate unanimously passed the bill to make lynching a federal crime and a hate crime.

Unbelievable beyond words that it took this long, so shameful. How America could ever be called "great" when lynching was neither of those things is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom