US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

I don't think we've ever talked about her on here. How about Lucy McBath. Just elected to Congress in GA. Flipped a seat that's been red for a long long time. Gingrich's former seat. Her son Jordan Davis was murdered in FL at a gas station in 2012. By a white guy who said the music he and his friends were playing in their car was too loud. It was a famous case (stand your ground case), I watched a documentary about it on HBO. Thankfully the guy did go to prison, life sentence.

She decided to run after Parkland. She's also a two time breast cancer survivor, so affordable health care is also a big issue for her.

Gun Control Advocate Lucy McBath Wins House Race in Georgia | Time

Her son Jordan Davis was murdered in FL at a gas station in 2012. By a white guy who said the music he and his friends were playing in their car was too loud. It was a famous case (stand your ground case), I watched a documentary about it on HBO. Thankfully the guy did go to prison, life sentence.

Ohhhhhhh, man, I remember seeing a story about that case on an episode of "20/20" once. Yeah. It was so infuriating to hear that "stand your ground" nonsense being pulled-we desperately need to reevaluate that law, because far too many people seem to abuse that concept and use it as an excuse. I was glad to see that the guy was convicted, though. Will have to check out that documentary sometime.

Yay for McBath winning her race :up: :).

In CA 39, Gil Cisneros has now pulled ahead of Young Kim. This means Orange County, is now entirely represented by Dems in Congress. Also, of the 53 total CA representatives only 8 will be GOP. I love my state.

As an Asian woman she may have more intersectionality.

Kellyanne Conway's husband George, who is always critical of Trump, did an interview and said that the Trump administration is like a dumpster fire. Would love to be a fly on the wall in their house.

familiar "faces". It's been a while. (Accidentally posted before I was done and couldn't figure out how to edit on my phone!)

Hi! Hope you are doing well! Your boys must be so big by now.

Smokey The Bear Says Only Rakes Can Prevent Forest Fires.

Have I mentioned how much I hate him right now?

Look at this. Try to read this. These are the words of an adult human male who is the president of the United States:

"You’ve got to take care of the floors. You know the floors of the forest, very important. You look at other countries where they do it differently and it’s a whole different story. I was with the president of Finland and he said, ‘We have a much different—we're a forest nation.’ He called it a forest nation, and they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things. And they don't have any problem. And when it is, it’s a very small problem, so I know everybody is looking at it to that end and it’s going to work out, it’s going to work out well"

“I was watching the firemen the other day and they were raking areas, they were raking areas where the fire was right over there. And they’re raking trees, little trees like this that are not trees, little bushes that you could see are totally dry. Weeds. And they’re raking them, they’re on fire. That should have been all raked out. You wouldn’t have the fires.”

i'm sure the difference in precipitation and temperature between finland and california has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom