US Politics VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why they're going through this song and dance.

Trump should just say he's not releasing the memo due to national security concerns. Then we just have to wait a few days for it to show up on Wikileaks. Everyone will blame each other for the leak, and when it's all said and done the Russians will be blamed and we can call it a day and move on to the next crisis.

Last edited:
If the internet is to be trusted, today could be a very crazy day

Now let's all get back to the task at hand - needling cori

giphy.gif

Tweet from @DonaldJTrumpJr: It was good enough to fire McCabe, no one argues its factually inaccurate, but now days later they want to protect the names of those involved in a scandal that was big enough to fire a senior official a month before retirement? They don’t deserve a pass on that!

SMDH these guys are so dumb

Reports of Rick Gates potentially flipping. Would either be against Manafort or possibly someone higher

Also, this release the memo thing has been really anticlimactic

Word is maybe tomorrow. And reviews ar coming in, it’s a dud

:( :hug:

Love the gif!
Cori used to needle me when I didn't multi-quote. :wink:
Sometimes I still don't when WIFI time issues come up (no net at home, battery running out).

Right. Saying a politician is in the pocket of a foreign adversary is bashing all Russian people. I thought we went over this already?
I thot it was done

Peef, Dave C, Irving Peef and Dave glad you have quieted down, and try to be more toned down while being serious about your POVs.

I once posted and was ignored about even being more nuanced politically.
Center left, Left, and THEN Far Left.
Battery about to run out (D train station free WIFI) :heart:

And guess what I like JK3 so nah, nah, nah. :D probably not on all issues

His grandfather RFK was one of the few Dems back then who could get love from people of color AND white working class. Another time for that He was an very compassionate man.

Last edited:
It’s really unfair that all these people Trump appointed to the FBI and DOJ secretly turned out to be DEEP STATE!!

It’s really unfair that all these people Trump appointed to the FBI and DOJ secretly turned out to be DEEP STATE!!

this is what's so sad, isn't it.

by any remotely objective standard, everybody should support an investigation into how the government of a foreign adversary tried to manipulate American democracy. and said foreign adversary, a petrol-state run by mobsters, has succeeded in placing their asset in the White House. and one party has decided it will do all it can to undermine the investigation and destroy institutions like the FBI and the DOJ in order to do so, all so it can continue to give tax breaks to billionaires. because the tribalism runs so deep, all Trump has to do is say "no collusion" and anyone who says otherwise is a Deep State collaborator. Paul Ryan wants to "cleanse" the FBI. it's all about loyalty -- similar to other despots, like Putin or Duterte or Erdogan -- and for Trump, this is just another lawsuit.

for the rest of us, it's a pending constitutional crisis.

oh, and the economy's good.

Last edited:
The GOP are scared out of their minds. Trump owns them. They know if he goes down, legally or for whatever reason, he splinters the party.

That was his whole goal with TrumpTV, he was going to take a lot of the GOP support with him after the election. This is a big reason why you had the GOP bashing him during the primaries, but then backed him immediately when he was going to win. They didn't want him going independent.

I don't think it's too far fetched to believe that a lot of the GOP knew about the Russian connections to the Trump campaign, or even to Trump's finances. So they too will be taken out if Mueller is allowed to finish his investigation.

We are going to find out what our democracy is made of this weekend. This memo could pave the way for Trump to fire everyone and the GOP will stand behind it, or it could backfire and show what a fuckwit Trump and his cronies are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom