US Politics IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Total stunt. Players have been kneeling for weeks. There's no way he didn't know it would happen. He went there specifically so he could walk out.

Yep, and Trump had even told him to do it prior. A complete farce and show.

He cannot let shit be

Total stunt. Players have been kneeling for weeks. There's no way he didn't know it would happen. He went there specifically so he could walk out.
#FakeNews

DLo1SsJUEAAKEj7.jpg

https://twitter.com/GovPenceIN/status/536606520621170689

DLo1SsGUEAAi77b.jpg

https://twitter.com/GovPenceIN/status/536606520621170689

Last edited:
Nice use of our tax dollars to pull such a stunt.

And it’s really weird with those tweets. He was in a suit today.

Adding to the discussion of Trump's evident deep immaturity:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bob-corker-says-white-house-153838226.html

After Donald Trump issued a fierce Twitter rebuke of Bob Corker, the retiring Republican senator tweeted back: “It’s a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.”

The exchange between the president and the chair of the Senate foreign relations committee was the latest undignified episode in Trump’s bizarre and fractious relationship with the Republican establishment and parts of his own administration. Trump’s treatment of secretary of state Rex Tillerson this week prompted remarks from Corker that were seen as critical of the president.

Midway through Sunday morning, Trump wrote: “Senator Bob Corker ‘begged’ me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said ‘NO’ and he dropped out (said he could not win without my endorsement).

“He also wanted to be secretary of state, I said ‘NO THANKS.’ He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran deal!

“Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn’t have the guts to run!”

In a statement to the Guardian, Corker’s chief of staff, Todd Womack, directly contradicted Trump.

“The president called Senator Corker on Monday afternoon and asked him to reconsider his decision not to seek re-election and reaffirmed that he would have endorsed him, as he has said many times,” he said.

Corker's comments... :giggle:.

Yeah, Trump, that Mueller investigation isn't going away no matter how much you want to try and hope it will, so how about you just shut up and stop with all these stupid distractions already?

Didn't Trumps father suffer from dementia/Alzheimer's the last several years of his life?

Not making excuses for Trump's behavior, but could it be Trump has a similar downward spiral exhibiting itself?

Some people have been speculating about that recently, yeah. I'm not an expert on that sort of thing, so I'll leave that discussion to those who are more knowledgeable about such things.

Setting aside all my issues with Trump and his behavior in general and whatnot, I will say that if that is the case, I do think that's sad. I wouldn't wish such things on anyone. And hopefully the people around him would be wise enough to figure out how to deal with that, both for his sake and that of the country at large.

Didn't Trumps father suffer from dementia/Alzheimer's the last several years of his life?

Not making excuses for Trump's behavior, but could it be Trump has a similar downward spiral exhibiting itself?

Trump has been acting like this for decades. It’s not dementia - it’s who he is.

Did he? I thought it was after the show that the actors made their call out to him in the audience.

Pence even tweeted about the actors right to speak up (despite Trump being critical)

But black players kneeling during the anthem??? How dare they!

my bad.

when the Hamilton cast addressed Pence after the performance, it was Trump who threw a tantrum on Twitter the next day.

still, such snowflakes.

Maybe Free Speech really means free from anything critical about me or things I like ???

You can go after the President on your personal account, but go after America's Team.....that'll get you suspended!!!

Why do I care about Clinton or Obama? They're not in office

I'm also curious if they were even aware of the rumors about him. This whole mess is the first I'm ever hearing of Weinstein, after all. Granted, I'm not part of any powerful political or Hollywood circles, obviously, and from what I'm hearing, it sounds like this was kind of open knowledge in Hollywood circles for some time. But my point is that even in that world, or in the political arena, there may well have still been some who didn't know or hear about the accusations, either. Especially when you consider how quick Weinstein was to squash many stories people tried to share about his behavior.

Having said that, though, if they did indeed know him well, to the point where they were having him over for parties and accepting donations and whatnot, and if they were aware of the rumors, then yeah, I'm all for them commenting on the situation and condemning him. We can use as many voices as possible speaking out against Weinstein's horrid behavior, and people on the left shouldn't look the other way simply because he was a friend to them or supported them financially.

On a similar note, Colbert talked about the Weinstein story on his show last night, and in the process, he showed a clip of Trump being interviewed about the situation. In said clip, Trump acknowledged having known Weinstein for a long time, too, but when the reporter asked him his thoughts on Weinstein's crimes, Trump didn't exactly outright condemn them. He basically referred to Weinstein's apology and admission of his crimes, and compared his "locker room talk" pussy video to the situation, and that was about it.

United States of America.....that shining light on a hill....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom