US Politics IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you've seriously got to be a special kind of fucking moron to think this guy's doing a good job or "making america great again" :doh: the BBC showed one of his pointless rallies recently and I don't get how there are still people who can stand there and chant "drain the swamp!!" like they actually believe it's going to happen at some stage in the next 3 years??

Oh, but he has proof he didn't say that to the widow!

Just like the proof he claimed to have about:

a) accusers who were lying about him having assaulted them;

b) Obama being born in Kenya;

c) Obama having wiretapped him;

d) who the fuck knows whatever else.

We are well past the stupid with him. Literally every day it's something with this guy. He's managed to divide the country more on EVERYTHING. And he's back at it again with the NFL this morning.

Now we're going to argue whether the fact he said something completely irresponsible to a grieving widow.

It's another fight between Trump and a woman, and a person of color.

Hey, remember when we said Trump would be absolutely shit at knowing how to comfort and talk to military families?

(Seriously, that's how the pattern goes at this point. You can plug virtually any situation into the above sentence and it'll fit.)

you've seriously got to be a special kind of fucking moron to think this guy's doing a good job or "making america great again" :doh: the BBC showed one of his pointless rallies recently and I don't get how there are still people who can stand there and chant "drain the swamp!!" like they actually believe it's going to happen at some stage in the next 3 years??

Because people are stupid. I know that "offends" Trump's ardent supporters out there, but at this point, I really don't care if they're offended. They don't seem to give a shit about how much they and Trump himself have offended other people with their ignorance and nasty rhetoric and crappy actions, after all, so... If somebody still thinks he's doing a good job and still supports him, they're clearly not paying any attention to reality.

I see the GOP is trying to wrap up the congressional Russia investigation before 2018. Can’t have that looking over mid terms.

Well, depending on what the Mueller investigation reveals, their attempts to hurry it along may not matter in the end anyway, God willing. The more they keep looking the other way on Trump's shit, the more they should be held accountable for it come election time.

To wit

On a significantly happier note in regards to this whole thing with Myeshia Johnson, we have this awesome story:

https://shareblue.com/americans-rai...ildren-of-grieving-army-widow-trump-insulted/

Initially, the GoFundMe page set a goal of $100,000. But overnight, the page raised $200,000 and as of Wednesday morning is still going. The goal has now been upped to $1 million.

Well-wishers have flooded the page with comments. “I am so sorry for your loss. Your Congresswoman painted a picture of an amazing young man. Thank you for your sacrifice for our safety,” wrote one. “May your memory and sacrifice shine forever,” wrote another.

Yay for good, kind-hearted people :up:.

Hey guys, the pee pee tape was funded by Russia, Democrats.....and the FBI!!!

The real traitors exposed!!

Either this is to distract from Niger!!! (Doesn’t have the same ring as BENGHAZI!!!! Again showing that the GOP are masters at label/messaging )

Or something new will be coming out this weekend.

Classic Trump distraction

Half the time I don't even think he intends to distract. Sometimes I think he just can't help himself, and the stars align.

Trump is a shit stain on the entire world.

Those who voted for him deserve no better. The rest of us, however, have to carry this fetid stench for who knows how long. We are all worse for having to live through this.

Interested to know your reasons for this? Simple curiosity.

Sure. Two historically awful candidates put up by the major parties. Assumed no impact on Maine's congressional district electoral vote. And Mr. McMullin's ideas were in the ballpark for me. All together, enough for a write-in.

Even if I had respect for the CIA (no surprises there), McMullin wouldn't impress me a great deal. That's just my take.

Sure. Two historically awful candidates put up by the major parties. Assumed no impact on Maine's congressional district electoral vote. And Mr. McMullin's ideas were in the ballpark for me. All together, enough for a write-in.

So you didn’t do everything you could to prevent the disaster/crisis we have unfolding before our eyes.

So you didn’t do everything you could to prevent the disaster/crisis we have unfolding before our eyes.

I get the sentiment but surely you can't expect every Republican to vote for an historically unpopular candidate in Clinton, just because Trump was/is a fucking fanny.

I get the sentiment but surely you can't expect every Republican to vote for an historically unpopular candidate in Clinton, just because Trump was/is a fucking fanny.

If the goal is to prevent him from entering the White House, there was a best way to do that. It also would have sent a message that racism and sexual assault are, actually, bad things and should be the defining characteristics of the POTUS.

I know many Republicans — the country club/chamber of commerce type — who voted for HRC.

I also know many dipshits who felt that voting Johnson or Stein was somehow a noble act because they wanted to protest the two party system.

Because the two parties are exactly the same. Aren’t they.

We all see that now. Totally the same. The two parties. Can’t tell a difference.

Far be it from me to *ever* quite a monstrous simpleton like W in any sort of positive context, but we are living in the Upside Down these days.

"Our identity as a nation — unlike many other nations — is not determined by geography or ethnicity, by soil or blood. Being an American involves the embrace of high ideals and civic responsibility. We become the heirs of Thomas Jefferson by accepting the ideal of human dignity found in the Declaration of Independence. We become the heirs of James Madison by understanding the genius and values of the U.S. Constitution. We become the heirs of Martin Luther King, Jr., by recognizing one another not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

This means that people of every race, religion, and ethnicity can be fully and equally American. It means that bigotry or white supremacy in any form is blasphemy against the American creed."

I think some people (white) were OK with the racism, sexism, and bigotry as long as the swamp was drained and their income/jobs were restored.

Which of course they could vote that way and not fear repercussions

I think some people (white) were OK with the racism, sexism, and bigotry as long as the swamp was drained and their income/jobs were restored.

Which of course they could vote that way and not fear repercussions

But the sexual assault, multiple wives -‘d children, the rape accusations, the fat shaming, the daughter-lust, the measuring of a woman’s value in terms of her fuckability — how did white women explain this to themselves?

But the sexual assault, multiple wives -‘d children, the rape accusations, the fat shaming, the daughter-lust, the measuring of a woman’s value in terms of her fuckability — how did white women explain this to themselves?

I think something like 53% of white women voted for him (so gross and disappointing)

I'd be interested in knowing what the % of evangelical/fundie white women + rural, uneducated white women was within that 53%. My guess is a large bulk. These are women who either believe it is their Godly duty to follow their "headship" (husband) or just defer to their gun totin' racist man because they were raised in that environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom