US Politics IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on both the obvious panic present in the Trump administration and right wing media over the Mueller investigation, and the manner in which they're dismissing it and casting doubt, I'm afraid we're gonna see Trump fire Mueller at some point when the investigation gets too close for comfort. And the Republican party and a good chunk of the American public is going to let him do it, too.

All so they can stumble through implementing Tax Cuts!!

I see that Trump is blaming the NYC attacks on Chuck Schumer. I thought it was way too soon and in poor taste to bring politics into a tragedy? Isn't that what the Republicans tell us EVERY single time there is a mass shooting? My God, the stench of hypocrisy on the right is enough to make a skunk flee.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/the-west-wing-trump-is-apoplectic-as-allies-fear-impeachment

So Roger Stone and Bannon want Trump to hire a special prosecutor to look into the UraniumOne deal, because Mueller was head of the FBI at the time, and therefore it would "obstruct" his current job.

Do these people know if you state your plans out loud, that your words can come back to bite you? How did Stone admitting that plan as a form of obstructing justice?

Sounds like this is the beginning of the end for Trump. Might still take a few months, but there's a whole lot more coming down the Mueller investigation pipeline

Uranipigazi - this is the biggest scandal in American history. There’s no walking away from this. Every living democrat is going to prison after the public hears about this.

The Democratic Party has just given the world’s supply of Uranium to Russian pedophiles who attack our embassy. And Trump has proof.

Tick tock

They'll still be investigating Hillary when she's dead and buried. It's a mental illness.

Apparently Sean Hannity actually called her "President Clinton" the other day.

I mean, you have to cut them some slack. It's fucking EXHAUSTING having to do so much distraction day in and day out over there.

Exactly, it can't be easy to keep all the lies straight.

URANIUM!!!!

Exactly, it can't be easy to keep all the lies straight.

URANIUM!!!!

This uranium thing pisses me off so much.

Uranium is a natural resource. It's used for far more than just bombs (and yes, even at that enrichment, its fuel ffs).

Russia has A LOT of access to uranium. They have A LOT of land.

A sale of enriched uranium is a transfer of resource. It'd be like if we sold them oil. They have oil and we have oil. They're already a nuclear nation. It's not like they're being supplied with something they are toying around with to learn how to produce fission irresponsibly.

If they wanted to, they could ramp up their own production. Just like they could ramp up oil production.

Yep, the sale of this was for nuclear power plants.

Don't forget that this is tied to Podesta, which also means that the Clinton Foundation is involved.

The mental gymnastics the Right has to go through to sleep at night is amazing. To them, Clinton is a brilliant mastermind who is just too powerful and gotten away with so much

Yet she couldn't beat Donald Trump in an election. Or Obama. She can't be all powerful, and LOSE.

Of course the narrative that will come next is that Hillary is secretly the President. DEEP STATE!!! Trump is doing his best to uproot this evil from the government.

They'll still be investigating Hillary when she's dead and buried. It's a mental illness.

Every time they bring up Hillary, I want to tell them the same thing they've been gleefully saying for the past year: "She lost. Get over it."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/the-west-wing-trump-is-apoplectic-as-allies-fear-impeachment

So Roger Stone and Bannon want Trump to hire a special prosecutor to look into the UraniumOne deal, because Mueller was head of the FBI at the time, and therefore it would "obstruct" his current job.

Do these people know if you state your plans out loud, that your words can come back to bite you? How did Stone admitting that plan as a form of obstructing justice?

Oh, FFS... :rolleyes: :doh:

Stop it, guys. For the love of all that is good and holy, just STOP.

Sounds like this is the beginning of the end for Trump. Might still take a few months, but there's a whole lot more coming down the Mueller investigation pipeline

Dear god, I hope you're right. Trump cannot leave the White House fast enough at this point.

i gotta say guys that i'm very concerned about this uranium deal with the russians. this could be the first step towards them having nuclear weapons.

Based on both the obvious panic present in the Trump administration and right wing media over the Mueller investigation, and the manner in which they're dismissing it and casting doubt, I'm afraid we're gonna see Trump fire Mueller at some point when the investigation gets too close for comfort. And the Republican party and a good chunk of the American public is going to let him do it, too.
I have hope, and maybe it's misguided, but I do have hope that enough Republicans will balk if he fired Mueller that it'll lead to real impeachment proceedings.

I also believe in Santa

01/20/17 - inauguration day - Greek newspaper

http://www.ekathimerini.com/

Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos on Friday expressed confidence in continued close ties between Athens and Washington, just hours before the inauguration of Donald Trump as the president of the United States.

Speaking during an event organized by the Presidential Inaugural Committee in Washington DC, Kammenos, who is also the leader of Greece’s junior coalition partner Independent Greeks, said that he is “confident the new American government will continue its close cooperation with Greece within the NATO framework, but also in bilateral cooperation.”

Kammenos met with incoming White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, who has Greek roots, as well as with Trump adviser George Papadopoulos. He also spoke with Archbishop Demetrios of America.

Oh snap son

01/20/17 - inauguration day - Greek newspaper

http://www.ekathimerini.com/

Greek Defense Minister Panos Kammenos on Friday expressed confidence in continued close ties between Athens and Washington, just hours before the inauguration of Donald Trump as the president of the United States.

Speaking during an event organized by the Presidential Inaugural Committee in Washington DC, Kammenos, who is also the leader of Greece’s junior coalition partner Independent Greeks, said that he is “confident the new American government will continue its close cooperation with Greece within the NATO framework, but also in bilateral cooperation.”

Kammenos met with incoming White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, who has Greek roots, as well as with Trump adviser George Papadopoulos. He also spoke with Archbishop Demetrios of America.

Oh snap son
I'm missing your point with this one... Context?

George poopadoopaless met with a foreign defense minister. Meaning, I assume, "low level volunteer nobody" he was not.
I see.

Regardless of what Team Trump says about this fella, it's what his wire has provided that has me excited. Doesn't matter if he was the pool boy, if he's enabled the capturing of incriminating evidence character assassinations are irrelevant.

God I hope Mueller delivers.

Coffee boy just brought the coffee. Seriously, nobody knew this guy George, who had already been proven a liar.

I'm missing your point with this one... Context?
Coffee boys who were a part of maybe one volunteer meeting early on, who nobody knows or remembers?

They tend to not meet with foreign defense ministers on inauguration day.

So they've been caught lying about the key known witness thus far in the Mueller investigation, because they forgot that other countries have their own #FAKENEWS. sad.

Another one...

http://www.tovima.gr/en/article/?aid=843082

Guy seems pretty important for someone who was supposedly not even part of the campaign by then.

Last edited:
Serving Greek coffee is one of the most honourable positions in the country. Serving it to foreign (soon-to-be) state leaders is pretty much the highest attainable goal you can imagine. So of course it was important for Greece.

Also, he had proven to be a liar by then, but no one knew George.

It's the coffee boy meeting with the president of Greece

DNlz4fFUEAARp2n.jpg

Here he is conducting campaign meetings in Trump Tower!

DNml6XFX4AABzu4.jpg

And sitting on a pannel with Bob Corker at the convention!

DNlsPGfU8AAATtH.jpg

Busy coffee boy

You see, coffee pot in the back of the first picture, row of perfectly arranged coffee mugs in the last. George might have been a proven, albeit unknown, liar, but at least he was good at serving the coffee.

Hope to see this become reality one day.

"The House That Brought Down A President"

"377 Union Street will forever be known as the building that lead to the collapse of the presidency of Donald J. Trump. Originally acquired by Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in January 2017, this building's finances would later become the foundation for initial charges of money laundering and conspiracy against the United States of America."

https://www.poynter.org/news/meet-blogger-who-helped-indict-paul-manafort

Yep, so all the talk about Manafort's charges having nothing to do with the campaign are wrong.

Mueller is setting up Trump bigly.

Do they not know what they say is being recorded (not a wire, but by news agencies) and can be used against them later on?

Yep, so all the talk about Manafort's charges having nothing to do with the campaign are wrong.

Mueller is setting up Trump bigly.

Do they not know what they say is being recorded (not a wire, but by news agencies) and can be used against them later on?

Nuhuh not if he deletes it. Watch!

Watching the Republican Holy Grail on tv now, the press conference announcing the Tax Plan (which Trump wanted to name the Cut, Cut, Cut Act!). It's the same old dog and pony show trying to convince everybody that tax cuts will result in growth, jobs and increased wages. They acknowledge that the Bush tax cuts did the opposite but their explanation is, and wait for it, "does [Paul Ryan] look to you like the old Chair of the Means and Ways Committee?"

So there you have it, rest assured that every corporation which is hoarding more cash now than ever in history will suddenly develop a sense of fairness and rather than hoarding even more cash will declare it Christmas every day and trickle it down to its employees. Totes gonna happen guys. Like, why wouldn't it?

This entire administration apparently does not seem to understand how things like the internet, TV interviews, and photos work. They seem to think that if they said or did something that got recorded somewhere in the past, it'll just disappear into the ether and there's no way anyone will ever dare pull it up to show just how much they've contradicted themselves and flat out lied. It's a remarkable level of delusion and denial.

I am not sure anyone on team Trump is safe.

Sessions is likely cooked too.

If you're a Trump supporter, it's going to take some extreme moving of the goal posts or mental gymnastics to spin this. I believe they are capable.

Rumor on the Twitterverse is that this could be another big weekend for the Mueller investigation. Thoughts are it may be Flynn who's next in the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom