US Politics IV - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #151
Refugee

Local Time: 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbbqpence View Post
Better than rolling over and letting those communist shitheads strike first.
You're right. Of course.

Communist s**theads.
Strike first.

Welcome to Interference.

Old 10-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #152
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:51 AM

Old 10-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #153
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:51 AM
I wish we could burn the term "mainstream media" with fire.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
To summarize: He laments that the sacredness of "Gold Star families" has gone out the window, seemingly forgetting that it was Trump himself who shattered this sacredness single-handedly. (Sentiments like that generally send me back to my first sentence in this post.)
Satirically expressing how I feel about the "You must not say a bad words about our troops":
Quote:
Warming to her subject, Sanders said that any American who sees undeniable video evidence that a general lied and chooses to believe the video “shows disrespect for our country and hatred for our flag.”

“General Kelly has served our country with courage and valor,” she said. “He has earned the right to lie without fear of being contradicted by the facts.”
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...a-general-lied

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
Yeah. Voters who had always been Republican, believed in Republican values, didn't want Trump as their candidate, who hated Clinton, were in a shit spot. They really were.

I'm sure a lot of them just presumed he would have to fit himself into the presidential cloak, so to speak, as opposed to making the cloak fit him.
I remember that day he sat beside Obama, looking a little shellshocked, talkign with contrition and humility. I thought, for a moment, the campaign had been more rhetoric than reality. And I bet a lot of Trump's voters thought that too.

Of course he's a complete fucking asshole. He hurts people, and enjoys it. And I'm sure people are regretting their vote - whether they'd admit that or not.

But I don't find it that difficult to understand them giving the vote in the first place.
I think a lot of it is a belief that it can't happen to us, meaning that the US haven't experienced a full-fledged democratic crisis (Nixon was close, but in the end it could be contained), so there's an idea that no matter who gets into the White House, it won't be devastating. Then there were all these naive enough to believe that a 70 year old would change his ways suddenly. But in the end it boils down to what has been said often enough: By casting a vote for Trump, it was also an implicit legitimization of all the hate-filled statements, the dog whistling and so on.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #155
War Child

Local Time: 03:51 PM
Quote:
Of course. The US strikes NK and then NK retaliates and nukes Seoul, Tokyo and sends a few of their nuke tipped ICBMs to the west coast of the States where you'd have a coin toss chance of missile defenses intercepting one (nevermind a few). With the pressure(Trump crazyness) KJU is being put under he might miscalculate one of the stupid B1B exercises or carrier drills and think he's being attacked and strike first anyway. Any preemptive counterforce action by the US will almost certainly see someone being nuked.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #156
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Of course. The US strikes NK and then NK retaliates and nukes Seoul, Tokyo and sends a few of their nuke tipped ICBMs to the west coast of the States where you'd have a coin toss chance of missile defenses intercepting one (nevermind a few). With the pressure(Trump crazyness) KJU is being put under he might miscalculate one of the stupid B1B exercises or carrier drills and think he's being attacked and strike first anyway. Any preemptive counterforce action by the US will almost certainly see someone being nuked.
Don't forget the daleks. North Korea have been developing daleks.

Wish the fannys in the mainstream media would report on this shit.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #157
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
Don't forget the daleks. North Korea have been developing daleks.

Wish the fannys in the mainstream media would report on this shit.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cr...VoSK6h86pnAlM:
Old 10-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #158
Refugee

Old 10-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Of course. The US strikes NK and then NK retaliates and nukes Seoul, Tokyo and sends a few of their nuke tipped ICBMs to the west coast of the States where you'd have a coin toss chance of missile defenses intercepting one (nevermind a few).
Wait, can they actually aim their nukes with any sort of accuracy? I thought that was the whole point, every test they do is a failure in some way...
Old 10-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #160
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Wait, can they actually aim their nukes with any sort of accuracy? I thought that was the whole point, every test they do is a failure in some way...
Of course they can. The IRBM Hwasong 12 has landed where they wanted it to the last couple of times, good enough to hit Tokyo or Seoul or even Guam. The ICBM Hwasong 14 is pretty much there, range is enough to hit LA or even New York or Washington. All they need is a re-entry vehicle which they will probably show that they have during their next test (hopefully not an airburst in the Pacific like China did an NK are threatening to do) They've got thermonuclear bombs now which noone expected they had or could engineer. The US IC has said the US government has to expect that they can successfully hit the US already. And anyway you don't need to be entirely accurate when you're chucking a thermo nuke around.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:21 AM
Quote:
Hoo boy, mind the edge there!
Old 10-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Let’s say NK reaches their goal and has nukes they can deliver anywhere in the world.

Would they really use them? Kim wants to rule, and NK wouldn’t last long after firing a missile or missiles at us.

It’s just now he has a strong enough deterrent to keep us from blowing him up.

Dictators want to keep living. He doesn’t strike me as a death cult leader.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #163
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
I think a lot of it is a belief that it can't happen to us, meaning that the US haven't experienced a full-fledged democratic crisis (Nixon was close, but in the end it could be contained), so there's an idea that no matter who gets into the White House, it won't be devastating. Then there were all these naive enough to believe that a 70 year old would change his ways suddenly. But in the end it boils down to what has been said often enough: By casting a vote for Trump, it was also an implicit legitimization of all the hate-filled statements, the dog whistling and so on.
Back during the USA's Great Depression Sinclair Lewis wrote a book called "It Can't Happen Here" a cautious nary tale about fascism arising in America.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #164
Blue Crack Supplier

That is what many people have said that Kim is having a nuclear arsenal to keep him in power.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #165
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Let’s say NK reaches their goal and has nukes they can deliver anywhere in the world.

Would they really use them? Kim wants to rule, and NK wouldn’t last long after firing a missile or missiles at us.

It’s just now he has a strong enough deterrent to keep us from blowing him up.

Dictators want to keep living. He doesn’t strike me as a death cult leader.
No he wouldn't but McMaster etc have stated he can't be deterred and he would use nukes first.it seems unacceptable for this administration, so what's the other choice? The difference now is the Trump admin seem to believe he can't be contained and want a preemptive war. See McMasters comments from last week.... https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/922171015274418178

This admin are also running a high risk of miscalculation with their provocative language and antagonistic drills, that perhaps is the biggest risk of war at the moment. Not only that but tonight we now have this Insanity.....
https://twitter.com/MarcusReports/st...06174958645249