US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also worth noting is that what he posted is a screenshot of a microsoft word document that the e-mails were allegedly copy/pasted into and not the e-mails themselves. would be very easy to edit/delete whatever was actually in there before posting.

This is so ridiculous, but the most ridiculous aspect of all of it is that the same people who wanted even more Benghazi hearings and who were just rapt at attention with pizza parlour nonsense are the very ones who are now just shrugging their shoulders. That's a great sign the country is lost and cannot be saved anymore. I know it sounds negative, but there is no more one America, it's far too divided and the current state of affairs bodes very, very poorly for the future. Sad.

e-mails.

ohh the irony is so real.

2035_-_autoplay_gif_gif_vince_mcmahon_wwf.gif

Right? It's crazy.

Sadly, anitram's right that the people who should be outraged by this won't be. I just truly do not understand how they're willing to let Trump get away with literally anything, when they'd crucify any other politician who pulled this shit. What the hell is with this deep hold he's got over his supporters?

This is so ridiculous, but the most ridiculous aspect of all of it is that the same people who wanted even more Benghazi hearings and who were just rapt at attention with pizza parlour nonsense are the very ones who are now just shrugging their shoulders. That's a great sign the country is lost and cannot be saved anymore. I know it sounds negative, but there is no more one America, it's far too divided and the current state of affairs bodes very, very poorly for the future. Sad.

I don't think this is hyperbole. This country is done. There is NO ONE who would ever unite both sides of the isle. And it doesn't even seem like extremes anymore, it's people that seem somewhat rationale who would never vote red or blue because it's the other side.

I'm afraid of the shit that's going to hit the fan if charges are filed against Trump and/or his administration. You have an angry population armed to the teeth.

You'll have to forgive me as I've been trying to stay removed from a lot of this news for my own sanity, but I have a question that maybe someone can answer:

What is the upside for Trump Jr to release these emails to the public? Isn't he basically putting himself at risk for jail time and directly hurting his father?

Well, what he released appears to be a copy and paste of the emails, so he may have omitted a few things.

But the main point is to get his version out before the Times

I'm really baffled why Jr thought it was a good idea to release the full email chain.

I mean, I'm glad he did, but, is he really that thick that he doesn't see what it confirms? Did he really think "this will shut them up!"

And after trying to float two blatant lies about the reasons for/content of the meeting. It couldn't appear any more disingenuous.

You'll have to forgive me as I've been trying to stay removed from a lot of this news for my own sanity, but I have a question that maybe someone can answer:

What is the upside for Trump Jr to release these emails to the public? Isn't he basically putting himself at risk for jail time and directly hurting his father?

One request, whener we speak of Donald Jr, can we also post this photo, just so we know who we're talking about?

IMG_1840.JPG

Maybe I'm being naive, but is there really no more secure/cryptic way to communicate than email? Hell, I'm just a damn teacher and even I know not to send sensitive info over email.

Last edited:
e-mail *can* be secure, but it's got to be heavily encrypted, and these e-mails the trumps are exchanging are plainly not secure. and in most cases "secured" e-mails are really just links to secure websites where the actual messages are being exchanged internally on a server. when i was in the military using encrypted e-mail it looked absolutely nothing like any "normal" e-mail, because it always had to be blindingly certain you were secured properly prior to sending any potentially classified info.

these idiots are clearly just using gmail or something equally non-secure though.

Last edited:
This is just scratching the surface of this Trump collusion nonsense.

This is what I don't get. How could they be this stupid to act this way basically in public/clear sight? Is it because they've been so sheltered in a privileged life they don't think the rules/laws apply?

He had to know his emails could be found? This wouldn't even make a bad hollywood script.

'I could shoot someone and not lose voters'

Yes, they're just that arrogantly sheltered in their entitlement.

But Sr is the blue collar billionaire, he's just one of them.

This is what I don't get. How could they be this stupid to act this way basically in public/clear sight? Is it because they've been so sheltered in a privileged life they don't think the rules/laws apply?

He had to know his emails could be found? This wouldn't even make a bad hollywood script.

Because they have lived a life of ease where they had no accountability for anything. Daddy or somebody at his direction cleaned up their messes. It is quite surprising to these entitled brats that they have to explain anything to anyone.

Not giving up on my country.

Went through the Nixon/Watergate era as a late teen/early 20's. Yes some things about this are crazier (tho, I'd have to really think about it for surety)- the sometimes now lightening fast 24 hr news cycle fueled evermore by the net & social media.

But the country was very divided. The"hard-hats" epitomised by blue-collar flag-waving construction workers vs "the hippies"/or the " anti-Vietnam War protestors " which often were not the same group. I'm guessing tho that there might have been some people seeing the best of both of protesters and hippies. :hmm:

It was damn crazy back then! :ohmy:

:hmm: maybe because I went through that, I'm not ready to declare my country "gone".

Last edited:
It's times like these where I wish orgieoorgia didn't out himself as a white nationalist and was still here to attempt to defend this

Same. Or bobsaget or Mrs Garrison (I don't know if they're still posting elsewhere on the forum).

And yet, at the same time, I feel like my head would honest to God explode after, like, five minutes of reading their defense, too.

As WTF this past year has been, I think today will go down as one of the strangest in history books(if we survive this century and still have those).

Hey, dazz :wave:!

I think about that, too. Where would you even begin explaining this mess to future generations?

All we can do is hope that this white nationalist, pussy grabbing, Russian-aided, fake news, tanTrumping, science destroying, I made half of America hypocrites presidency is only an asterisk in future museums. If not, I can't fathom how we're not fucked as a nation.

These people are delusional. I blurred out the name of the person arguing this is nothing, but kept my name. IMG_7469.JPGIMG_7470.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7468.JPG

Order's all messed up on my phone, but it goes 3rd photo, then 4th, then 1st, then 2nd if the order is the same as it is on my phone

a lot of people that's further on the left is denying this whole Russia scandals as well. i don't understand these people

a lot of people that's further on the left is denying this whole Russia scandals as well. i don't understand these people

I think it's important to be skeptical of the Russia situation because there's a lot of misinformation out there and people like Louise Mensch who are insane. I've always been skeptical of collusion because there wasn't evidence for it (although there was good evidence that Russia tried to sway the election). But, we have some actual evidence that indicates collusion now.

Not giving up on my country.

Went through the Nixon/Watergate era as a late teen/early 20's.

Except back then even Republicans came around and sided against Nixon.

All we're getting is crickets from the other side. Do you see ANY reason to believe that the Republicans will put country first? I sure don't.

Actually think republicans still didn't break with party back then. Has the process gone further it sounded like there wouldn't have been enough votes to throw Nixon out. But maybe that was before the tape

I think this was Russia's play all along. They don't care about trump being in charge to get favors, they want our entire system to collapse and what better way than to have a reality tv star in charge

Except back then even Republicans came around and sided against Nixon.

All we're getting is crickets from the other side. Do you see ANY reason to believe that the Republicans will put country first? I sure don't.
To be fair it took a long time to go from Watergate to resignation. Admittedly we probably know more about what is going on now then they did back then, where it came out as a tickle... But still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom