US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yeah, it's hilarious! reported in the Independent...

maybe he should try hiring some staff? :lol:

Donald Trump 'has trouble finding hotel room at G20 summit' | The Independent

Donald Trump has reportedly had trouble getting a hotel room for the upcoming G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany.

His team apparently waited too long to book accommodations for the President and his travelling staff and were told none of the major hotels had vacancies, Buzzfeed reported.

The local newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt reported that the Four Seasons had to turn him away as they were full.

In an ironic twist for the hotel chain owner, every luxury hotel in town seemed to be booked up. There do not appear to be any Trump-owned properties in the northern German city.

utaahhf7v6ok0onk9fwv.gif

Thanks again, pal

President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton before agreeing to meet with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, according to three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two others with knowledge of it.

The meeting was also attended by his campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Mr. Manafort and Mr. Kushner only recently disclosed the meeting, though not its content, in confidential government documents described to The New York Times.

CNN story saying the defense of the meeting was to talk about adoption children program that was shut down years ago.

Guess see where this goes but it does seem like it'll go where we all think it will

It still feels like this whole term has been a giant troll job for the first six months.

I think the longer this investigation goes, the worse it gets for Trump.

What is going to suck either way when it completes is this country will become even more divided.

Trump wants to partner with Russia on cybersecurity? Why don't we partner with ISIS on antiterrorism while we're at it?

It's seriously one of the most fucked up things I've heard him say, and he has said some REALLY fucked up things.

And it should be the most blatant of all of his blunders, but the conned have not said a thing. They never will, they are incapable of understanding what's going on.

We're fucked as a nation. There's two ways out of this, as I see it now. Someone to which they respect starts speaking out, or it gets extremely ugly. And I don't want ugly, I'm not calling for anything, it just seems we're at a crossroads.

As odd and far fetched as it sounds, someone or something has to turn a Hannity(or an equivalent mouthpiece) I really think it's the only way this doesn't get out of hand.

All I have to say is this is all absolutely crazy! The evidence is stacking up and even trump JR bisicaly admitted to collusion (he is so stupid that he incriminates himself, like his daddy) yet nothing is being done. Until democrats take control again, nothing is going to happens with a republican majority. The problem is the Democratic Party (like the Republican Party) is in much disarray right now that I don't see them taking a majority anytime soon. Until then most republicans will continue to look the other way and ignore the fact that trump is destroying the country. I wonder what it will take for rpublicans and trumpsters to finally admit/realize that they were all conned by the great conman trump? Maybe trump will piss off the wrong crazy leader from another country and start another nasty war, I wonder if then, trump supportes will finally wake up?

That will never happen. They will always move the goal posts to avoid the truth.

Fake news
Deep state
New world order

And of course their classic counter of any argument by bringing up Clinton or Obama

CNN story saying the defense of the meeting was to talk about adoption children program that was shut down years ago.

Guess see where this goes but it does seem like it'll go where we all think it will
Actually.. the excuse direct from Don Jr is that he took a meeting with the Russian lawyer hoping to receive dirt on Hillary, the dirt didn't turn out to be anything, and the lady ended up talking about the adoption policy instead... and Don Jr felt like it was a waste of time cause omg that's not what we came here to talk about.

And that he actually released a statement admitting all that, thinking that this would help his cause, boggles the mind.

“After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

"Well yea, we went there to collud, but they totes weren't on the same page"

He admits to attempting to collud with the Russians in his statement denying colluding with the Russians.

Here's the kicker... Three days after this meeting Assange announced that he'd be releasing the emails. Three days.

Last edited:
He frames it that Russia was supporting the DNC which I assume his goal was to try and appear patriotic to uncover this collusion between Dems and Russia.

I think we all know what happened but I've yet to see anything that would really hold up in court. It's all just vague talk right now.

Suppose it's my own frustration and lack of patience with the investigation which leads towards skepticism of anything good happening from all this.

We were like so going to be colluding and all, ya know? But then they were like "da Democrats is already doing it" and we were lik whaaaaaa? So we didn't collude at all. No collusion. The democrats might have, though. Not totes sure. Might want to ask them. Oh, and dad knew nothing about it. Even though half the family was there. He was designing a new hat.

But why isn't anyone talking about the uranium sale that Clinton made with the Russians? Why isn't that being brought up?

Or why didn't Obama stop the Russians from meddling in the election when he knew it was happening?

Why aren't we talking about people who hold no power in office???!!!!!

As a public radio person said earlier this is important because it's real public admission that Team Trump was going to The +a) Russian for damaging info.

May be slow going but each time something will turn a few heads around. It adds up over time (before ?too much damage is done? :| )

Oh and fuck you, Scott Pruit!:angry:

Lol can this person ever answer any questions? I don't believe I've ever heard her answer a question. They always ask her one question and it's like they asked her a totally different question cos her answers are totally different than the subject being asked. This is a long interview but here it is:

WASHINGTON — Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

Oh... and Trump Sr's first tweet about Hillary deleting her emails? Same day Jr and Jared met with the Russian lawyer.

Oopsie dasies

Last edited:
Kellyanne Conway even said that the meeting was standard operating procedure for the campaign, so... they're now fully admitting that colluding with the Russians was, like, totally normal and what's the big deal, guys?

And the Republican base is completely cool with it. The ends apparently justify ANY and all means now.

That's the talking point as of now. That this is all standard procedure for campaigns.

Such mental gymnastics

The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

If the future president’s elder son was surprised or disturbed by the provenance of the promised material — or the notion that it was part of an ongoing effort by the Russian government to aid his father’s campaign — he gave no indication.

He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

I'm really baffled why Jr thought it was a good idea to release the full email chain.

I mean, I'm glad he did, but, is he really that thick that he doesn't see what it confirms? Did he really think "this will shut them up!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom