US Politics II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee look at this insightful discussion of whether or not the horseshoe theory is credible.

Anyway, of course it fucking isn't. If you have even the most basic knowledge of communism or fascism, they obviously advance entirely different forms of government and economic relations. They're only "the same thing" if your criterion is "produced some memorable propaganda in the 1930s".

I don't even know that the horseshoe theory is the main takeaway from the conversation BVS speaks of. I'm more frustrated by the idea that it was yet another example of how people on both the left and the right are still determined to take shots at Hillary.

Bottom line, whether one believes in the horseshoe theory or not, it still sounds like a pretty weird conversation.

I had a woman say these things to me in this order the other night at work--mind you, this is a woman who has been in and out of the hospital a number of times, and has medicare as her primary insurance at the age of 55:

1. I believe in socialized medicine.
2. I'm a republican.
3. We need to get rid of Obamacare because everyone having insurance makes it not competitive and too expensive.

And then my brain exploded.

*Opens mouth. Closes it. Opens it again. Closes it*

...what?

Seriously, how in the world does this line of thinking make any sort of sense to people? I truly don't understand.

Gee look at this insightful discussion of whether or not the horseshoe theory is credible.

Anyway, of course it fucking isn't. If you have even the most basic knowledge of communism or fascism, they obviously advance entirely different forms of government and economic relations. They're only "the same thing" if your criterion is "produced some memorable propaganda in the 1930s".

Yes.

My point was never to discuss the merit of the horseshoe, just the bizarre convergence of the two extremes in the US today.

I will assure you that any reverence for Assange among the left is generally very sparse, I can't stand the guy - he's no friend.

Good. No trannys in military. Cause they were such a distraction and burden on our troops.

Now our troops can go back to fucking with prisoners of war and torture.

Yet some on the left would still argue Clinton would have been worse

I love how Trump talks about how transgender people would be "disruptive". This from the same guy who's had a history of showing complete and total disrespect to our troops and who would cause all sorts of chaos for them in a war or other military-related situation.

Seriously, fuck him.

If you're going to cite high medical costs as a reason to keep anyone out of the military, might as well shut the whole thing down what with the VA's stellar reputation for providing medical care for disabled vets and all.

Good. No trannys in military. Cause they were such a distraction and burden on our troops.

Now our troops can go back to fucking with prisoners of war and torture.

Yet some on the left would still argue Clinton would have been worse

Just curious if it was gay people being re-banned from the military if you would have said faggots. Something tells me you probably wouldn't.

Last edited:
I don't even know that the horseshoe theory is the main takeaway from the conversation BVS speaks of. I'm more frustrated by the idea that it was yet another example of how people on both the left and the right are still determined to take shots at Hillary.

Bottom line, whether one believes in the horseshoe theory or not, it still sounds like a pretty weird conversation.

*Opens mouth. Closes it. Opens it again. Closes it*

...what?

Seriously, how in the world does this line of thinking make any sort of sense to people? I truly don't understand.

I have no idea, but in order to get through the rest of this administration I'd really appreciate if they shared the delusion pills with me.

If you're going to cite high medical costs as a reason to keep anyone out of the military, might as well shut the whole thing down what with the VA's stellar reputation for providing medical care for disabled vets and all.

Just curious if it was gay people being re-banned from the military if you would have said faggots. Something tells me you probably wouldn't.

I would have said faggots yes, as I was being sarcastic. I should have put /sarcasm at the end to not offend

This is a stupid fucking distraction again. This plays to his base and nothing more. And who announces policy changes over Twitter.

I don't get what these costs are that Trump talks about? Mental? Or is he throwing out the myth that transgender people only serve in the Military to pay for procedures???

I just hate this whole thing. I saw on FB Samantha Bee re-posted a clip of the DNC where one of the correspondents went around asking about Clinton or Trump, and they all said Trump would be the lesser of two evils.

What a joke.

While, as Twitter has noted, transgender people show more courage when they leave their house in the morning than Donald Trump has ever shown in his entire life, this is a big red herring.

He's distracting from the AG/Russia thing.

I read BEALs comments as imitating a piece of trash Trump supporter who is "politically incorrect." He's being sarcastic. It's crude, that's for sure, but I just imagine that's his way of expressing the incredible frustration bestowed upon us all.

Every week same thing

Trump goes to twitter, gets his ratings for the week and distracts from the fact that it's looking worse and worse for him and his campaign / administration.

I also hate Trump so much right now because I'm kind of feeling bad for the little elf Jeff Sessions.

This whole thing is surreal. You have the President of the United States BULLYING the Attorney General non stop over twitter, and the First Lady has started a program to stop internet bullying!

Either this is all just complete coincidental madness, or Trump and his team are the greatest trolls of all time.

The previous season of South Park comes to mind. If Denmark gets involved its over!

I just hate this whole thing. I saw on FB Samantha Bee re-posted a clip of the DNC where one of the correspondents went around asking about Clinton or Trump, and they all said Trump would be the lesser of two evils.

What a joke.

Anyone who still honest to God believes Hillary would've been worse than Trump at this point needs a SERIOUS reality check. Those who actually believe that are just further proving that they didn't vote for Trump because of any actual policy decisions or anything of that sort. It was all pure sexist BS.

I was in a political discussion on another board where somebody was justifying voting for Trump because while they acknowledged he was a misogynistic narcissist and a liar, in their words, he's a "see-through liar". As opposed to Hillary who, according to them, knew how to use her words to lie, because of her skills as a lawyer and politician. They also said they'd been completely undecided up until voting day.

I didn't want to get in a huge argument, 'cause while that discussion was happening in a one-off thread for random chat there, that's not what the main focus of the forum is. But holy shit, did I find myself biting my tongue so fucking hard. The choice last year really shouldn't have been any sort of contest. It's ludicrous that anyone honestly thinks it was. And now we're all paying the price for people's short-sighted thought process.

Somebody else in that discussion also asked me after I'd said how I didn't understand people voting for Trump, if I actually tried to engage with any Trump supporters. I didn't go into all the specific details of our conversations and whatnot, but I did make brief mention of some of the types of Trump supporters we encountered here.

I have no idea, but in order to get through the rest of this administration I'd really appreciate if they shared the delusion pills with me.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Last edited:
Anyone who still honest to God believes Hillary would've been worse than Trump at this point needs a SERIOUS reality check. Those who actually believe that are just further proving that they didn't vote for Trump because of any actual policy decisions or anything of that sort. It was all pure sexist BS.

the last time i was in /r/the_donald a few weeks ago they had somehow "connected" over 185 "suspicious deaths" to the clintons. basically anyone who has ever been in the presence of one of the clintons and died for whatever reason was murdered by evil bitch hillary and unstoppable mass-rapist bill. somehow these two are the most evil hyper-villainous monsters that have ever existed in politics, cold-bloodedly murdering every single person who ever so much as looked at one of them funny while simultaneously running an international ring of child-rape dungeons all around the world for all their pedo buddies (ie any leftist with money), collecting bribes and payoffs from every corrupt person and government on earth, bringing in millions of illegals from mexico in total secrecy and fooling every election official in the country into accepting their votes to rig the election in her favour, all the while managing to not ONCE be investigated by any law enforcement agency anywhere for any of these heinous crimes (that are then somehow easily uncovered by amateur unwashed neckbeards reading a few blog posts)...but yet despite obviously being the most ruthless machiavellian of all time with unlimited global resources she somehow couldn't drum up just a few thousand more votes in wisconsin or michigan.

reality isn't a thing for these people, and yes they genuinely believe all of this to be 100% true and obvious and that it's only a matter of time before the clintons are revealed to be the most evil monsters ever to walk the earth and that donald trump is the literal savior of america. this is literally a 21st century version of jonestown. praise kek.

I was in a political discussion on another board where somebody was justifying voting for Trump because while they acknowledged he was a misogynistic narcissist and a liar, in their words, he's a "see-through liar". As opposed to Hillary who, according to them, knew how to use her words to lie, because of her skills as a lawyer and politician. They also said they'd been completely undecided up until voting day.

I didn't want to get in a huge argument, 'cause while that discussion was happening in a one-off thread for random chat there, that's not what the main focus of the forum is. But holy shit, did I find myself biting my tongue so fucking hard. The choice last year really shouldn't have been any sort of contest. It's ludicrous that anyone honestly thinks it was. And now we're all paying the price for people's short-sighted thought process.

Somebody else in that discussion also asked me after I'd said how I didn't understand people voting for Trump, if I actually tried to engage with any Trump supporters. I didn't go into all the specific details of our conversations and whatnot, but I did make brief mention of some of the types of Trump supporters we encountered here.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
I can't decide who I hate more... The trump supporters or trump himself! Everytime I try to talk to a trump supporter it is like talking to a wall and their reasoning makes my blood boil. Then there is trump himself who also makes my blood boil. I hate the fact that he gets away with anything and his supporters defend him to the death and throw the usual but but Clinton, or its fake news or its Obama's fault etc etc. This is why I had to cut a couple of friends (high school friends of many many years) I just couldn't handle their stupidity and their conspiracy theories anymore. And I have a family friend on fb that out of respect for my parents I haven't cut them off. And this family friend keeps sending emails to both my parents and I about how amazing trump is. The latest email was about the "fake" global warming! My parents and them were friends for 50+ years but they are getting sick of this too. They were extreamely close friends but despite the many times my Parents have requested not to talk politics or bring up trump they still do. They are willing to kill a 50 year friendship over trump. TRUMP. This is why I think I hate trump supporters more.

Last edited:
I would have said faggots yes, as I was being sarcastic. I should have put /sarcasm at the end to not offend

This is a stupid fucking distraction again. This plays to his base and nothing more. And who announces policy changes over Twitter.

I don't get what these costs are that Trump talks about? Mental? Or is he throwing out the myth that transgender people only serve in the Military to pay for procedures???

What a joke.

Yeah I get that it was sarcasm, I was just pissed off this morning and looking for someone to punch. Unfortunately I couldn't reach Trump.

I'll give Trump this, he hires the best characters. We now got the Mooch and he's amazing. Great character development over Spicy.

Best reality show I've seen in a while. It's like Lost except they're literally lost on how a government functions.

That's what the GOP has wanted for so long. They hate government and we're about to find out soon it's important. Clock is ticking till that first real disaster, natural or terrorist and we'll really see how incompetent these people are.

It'll make Benghazi after math seem like a success

we all realize that this transgender military thing is a move to make the christofascists happy before he fires Sessions and recess-appoints an AG who will then fire Mueller, right?

friends in the military all received an email today essentially telling them to disregard the president's tweets.

we all realize that this transgender military thing is a move to make the christofascists happy before he fires Sessions and recess-appoints an AG who will then fire Mueller, right?

friends in the military all received an email today essentially telling them to disregard the president's tweets.
This.

It's all a distraction. Every last bit of it. Toss some red meat to the Jesus freaks so that they don't get tempted to see the reality of how he was elected.

the last time i was in /r/the_donald a few weeks ago they had somehow "connected" over 185 "suspicious deaths" to the clintons. basically anyone who has ever been in the presence of one of the clintons and died for whatever reason was murdered by evil bitch hillary and unstoppable mass-rapist bill. somehow these two are the most evil hyper-villainous monsters that have ever existed in politics, cold-bloodedly murdering every single person who ever so much as looked at one of them funny while simultaneously running an international ring of child-rape dungeons all around the world for all their pedo buddies (ie any leftist with money), collecting bribes and payoffs from every corrupt person and government on earth, bringing in millions of illegals from mexico in total secrecy and fooling every election official in the country into accepting their votes to rig the election in her favour, all the while managing to not ONCE be investigated by any law enforcement agency anywhere for any of these heinous crimes (that are then somehow easily uncovered by amateur unwashed neckbeards reading a few blog posts)...but yet despite obviously being the most ruthless machiavellian of all time with unlimited global resources she somehow couldn't drum up just a few thousand more votes in wisconsin or michigan.

reality isn't a thing for these people, and yes they genuinely believe all of this to be 100% true and obvious and that it's only a matter of time before the clintons are revealed to be the most evil monsters ever to walk the earth and that donald trump is the literal savior of america. this is literally a 21st century version of jonestown. praise kek.
I heard Bill Clinton killed Zoe Barnes.

And if this really happens, America the country (and IDEA) is dead. There's no way the GOP stands up to him. They are too far into the hole to get back out. They made their bed with Donald and they'll sleep in it.

That's the funny thing about all this. He honestly believes if he distracts us enough that this whole Russia mess will all be forgotten, but at some point he has to learn that it doesn't work that way. And if he does fire Sessions and gets it so Muller is fired, that's only going to increase the scrutiny on him.

Proof that he really is a complete and total dumbass.

Good. I was very happy to see people from both sides of the aisle condemning Trump's stance on this issue yesterday. I hope they keep that up in general.

I can't decide who I hate more... The trump supporters or trump himself! Everytime I try to talk to a trump supporter it is like talking to a wall and their reasoning makes my blood boil. Then there is trump himself who also makes my blood boil. I hate the fact that he gets away with anything and his supporters defend him to the death and throw the usual but but Clinton, or its fake news or its Obama's fault etc etc. This is why I had to cut a couple of friends (high school friends of many many years) I just couldn't handle their stupidity and their conspiracy theories anymore. And I have a family friend on fb that out of respect for my parents I haven't cut them off. And this family friend keeps sending emails to both my parents and I about how amazing trump is. The latest email was about the "fake" global warming! My parents and them were friends for 50+ years but they are getting sick of this too. They were extreamely close friends but despite the many times my Parents have requested not to talk politics or bring up trump they still do. They are willing to kill a 50 year friendship over trump. TRUMP. This is why I think I hate trump supporters more.

For me, it's not even so much hatred as it is frustration and despair. The diehard support for Trump has been likened to that of a cult, so I guess my feelings would be similar to the feelings family and friends feel when they see somebody they love and otherwise respect falling for a scammer or a cult leader. You're just stunned at how they can buy into this crap and hope to God they come to their senses eventually.

There is a lot of anger, though, yes. Especially for the liberals who wanted Trump to win "just to watch the country burn and wake up the Democrats" or the conservatives who liked him because he "offended the liberal snowflakes" or other bullshit like that. That shows a complete lack of understanding or care of how painful and damaging Trump would be for this country and the world at large and that's the part that truly pisses me off more than anything else. Many innocent people are being punished because of some idiots' pettiness.

YES. That's the part that boggles my mind the most, this idea of the Clintons being these evil masterminds of the sort you describe, to the point where they can outsmart numerous agencies for YEARS. To say nothing of the fact that many of the investigations that were conducted against them were Republican-led, so the idea that the Clintons can outsmart them doesn't exactly speak well for that party's ability to investigate and prosecute people, does it?

And yeah, if Hillary's so cutthroat, surely she would've found a way to win the election. Unless Trump supporters somehow think she purposefully lost in an attempt to try and covertly bring Trump down or something. Who the hell knows.

But yeah. That sort of batshit crazy thinking is precisely why I can't even bear to peek my head into places like r/the_donald. I don't want to give myself a permanent headache.

Here's what I'm wondering: were the people who honestly believe this stuff always this paranoid and delusional, or did it just start forming within the last few years. I'd have to think it's the former, 'cause that kind of deluded thinking seems the sort that would take years to develop, but I dunno.

We've all collectively (except those believing in TrumpWorld) been sucked through one of the most surreal "fun house" mirrors ever!
:crack:

Like we've been saying around here, provided we make it through this craziness and somehow come out relatively intact, this is going to be one HELL of a story to explain to future generations. I wouldn't blame them one bit for believing we made it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom