Update on Banking crisis... news from Japan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
:crazy:

Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on HBOS in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan .

In the last 7 hours Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches. Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.

Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black. Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

Lemonade Stand is right over there....incidentally this is an old, old joke that originally did the rounds during the Japanese property/banking crisis of the early to mid 90's.

Lemonade Stand is right over there....incidentally this is an old, old joke that originally did the rounds during the Japanese property/banking crisis of the early to mid 90's.

Oh Noes!! I didn't just recycle and old joke did I!, I mean, I must be the first person EVER to do that, right?

How dare somebody make a joke in FYM! This is serious business, people. No humour allowed.

Daniel, maybe you need to just get off the toilet and answer the bloody phone!

fym.jpg

(Saw that on a toilet door at Melbourne University. Would've pissed myself laughing if, you know, I hadn't already been on the toilet.)

I'm thinking more on the order of "Lighten up." Point being, FYM dynamics + posters getting in the habit of casually cursing each other out = bad idea.

:ohmy: Do you think this will have any impact on the 20th December Bank of Japan meeting?

I don't know, but I'm curious to see if Sumo Bank will eventually devour Sushi Bank as it has been predicted. If this goes ahead I'm expecting a massive landslide in my bowels.

I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom