UK Prime Minister claimed to be popping pills, on the verge of completely losing it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
i've noticed that chin movement thing too. looks like he's chewing gum, in a way.

people might think i'm on weird pills as well, judging by the way i move my jaw around all the time. i've had to do this for nearly 2 years ever since i woke up one morning with plugged ears. extremely uncomfortable.

anyway, enough of me.

yes, but are you on the verge of losing it? And do you hold high political office?

People in high political office shouldn't exhibit odd mannerisms, it makes them look like they're on drugs and on the verge of completely losing it.

I'm not even kidding, or taking a potshot... I still remember Bush in October 2004. Oh yes.

i've noticed that chin movement thing too. looks like he's chewing gum, in a way.

people might think i'm on weird pills as well, judging by the way i move my jaw around all the time. i've had to do this for nearly 2 years ever since i woke up one morning with plugged ears. extremely uncomfortable.

anyway, enough of me.

People on this forum think you're on weird pills too. :wink::wink:

yes, but are you on the verge of losing it? And do you hold high political office?

People in high political office shouldn't exhibit odd mannerisms, it makes them look like they're on drugs and on the verge of completely losing it.

I'm not even kidding, or taking a potshot... I still remember Bush in October 2004. Oh yes.

well, fair enough.

as for brown himself, i think he's more of a victim of labour being at the very end of their rope as opposed to grose negligence on his part.

i mean, princess diana was alive the last there was a different party in place. it's been a really, really long time.

well, fair enough.

as for brown himself, i think he's more of a victim of labour being at the very end of their rope as opposed to grose negligence on his part.

i mean, princess diana was alive the last there was a different party in place. it's been a really, really long time.

He was Chancellor for the Exchequer during the bubble years, so it totally is is fault. The debt position of the UK is much worse than following the Lawson bubble of the late 80s.

He is not economically literate, he does not understand economics. He is not 'emotionally literate' either. I doubt if he is even well read. He is politically literate, but only in the sense of being able to browbeat and bully opponents in the Labour party to get his own way.

What the heck use is he? What's the point of him?

What are the alternatives? Cameron? A slithering liberal 'conservative' from a privileged background, in the Blair mode.

Bring back Mrs T!

fair enough.

i speak of brown from a... rather priviledged point of view, i suppose you could say. i'm not defending him, necessarily.

and indeed, the alternatives are frightening.

bring in the BNP!

oh wait, no... don't do that.

Bring back Mrs T!

Did you mean Mr. T?

Break out the anti-depressants indeed.

'President' Blair waits on voters of Ireland - Times Online
Tony-Blair_622220a.jpg

let's not forget that it was blair who put britain in iraq. though i don't feel this is quite the hot button topic that it was a couple of years ago, it has certainly set the UK back.

just as much as brown's economic record as chancellor, it's the malaise and stagnation of a party that's been in power for a very long time that will be the final nail in labour's coffin next may/june. pretty much anything "bad" these days can be pointed at the labour party, because they've had majority governments for ages.

the same thing happened in canada with the liberals when they finally were removed in 2006.

in britain, however, i think we'll see more of what happened in canada in 1993. the tories entered the election with a majority government and by the time the final ballot had been counted, they were left with but TWO seats. incredible.

by no means do i think labour will fall down that far, but it will certainly be interesting to see what happens.

the one good thing i can say, from a labour POV, is that they haven't removed brown as leader. at this point, that wouldn't help anything. the time for a new leader will come straight after the election, giving the public a chance to believe that the party offers something new again.

Back
Top Bottom